You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Berlin to Poznan Train

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BagOfArse View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BagOfArse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Berlin to Poznan Train
    Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 11:48am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Anybody got any videos or photos of the carry on on this, particularly the 1440 train the Saturday? Possibly my highlight of the trip in terms of a sing-song.

this was when we arrived into Poznan on the 14.40,at the time albeit in my inebriated state,I was nearly sure there was hundreds involved in the singsong!

Sponsored Links

GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 11:26am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Anybody got any videos or photos of the carry on on this, particularly the 1440 train the Saturday? Possibly my highlight of the trip in terms of a sing-song.

i think i have some photos of the platform before the train cameLOL
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

14:40 was mental. We were at Berlin Ostbahnhof and it pulled in late packed with people hanging out the windows waving flags. We just opened the Carriage door to try and get on and there's the Walls grinning back at us, "how's it gooooing lads". Finally got a bit of standing room in a carriage. Wasn't long before the sing song began. When we ran out of songs we started Xmas songs as some completely plastered young polish lad threw himself around the floor. Mental craic on that train and it set the tone for a great trip.

This was the same fella that fell out of the train in Poznan and just fell asleep on the platform, think he was drinking straight brandy and was forcing it down Trap Junior and his brothers mouth.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

BagOfArse View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BagOfArse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 2:45pm
that 14.40 was great craic,I got to the platform about 5 minutes before the train and on the way up I could heard the wall of noise echo around Berlin Hauptbahnof.Them 2 and a half hours felt like 20 minutes as well,brilliant start to the trip.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 1:25pm
14:40 was mental. We were at Berlin Ostbahnhof and it pulled in late packed with people hanging out the windows waving flags. We just opened the Carriage door to try and get on and there's the Walls grinning back at us, "how's it gooooing lads". Finally got a bit of standing room in a carriage. Wasn't long before the sing song began. When we ran out of songs we started Xmas songs as some completely plastered young polish lad threw himself around the floor. Mental craic on that train and it set the tone for a great trip.

Edited by sham157 - 24 Jun 2012 at 1:25pm
trainee View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trainee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 12:49pm
09.40 train was unreal, when the train got over the polish border it stopped at a small polish station where all the staff on the train ran off the train, they went over to a white van and grabbed a load of crates of beer and brought them back onto the train, and they still ran out of beer by Poznan.

It got to the stage that the guys in shop stopped asking what would you like sir, but started asking how many.

This was due to be the quite train so god only knows what the 14.40 was like
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 12:38pm
That train was unrealClap

Ticket instructor pretending not to know english to avoid answering questions.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 2:16am
The Germans went wild on that train.

Everyone was sat everywhere seat numbers ment f**k all
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 11:56pm
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 11:56am
Originally posted by blueloo blueloo wrote:

does ne one no iv the best way to get to pozna wensday flying in to berlin or are all trains booked buses?

You can board a train and buy a ticket on board!!!!!
blueloo View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 6:17pm
does ne one no iv the best way to get to pozna wensday flying in to berlin or are all trains booked buses?
blueloo View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 6:16pm
who did u book with was it online or in person, cause im flying in wensday but cant book any thing with trains online
greenarmy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 8:30am
Anyone have any spare train tickets for today? Missed the 06.40
train
FORAS400 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FORAS400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 11:50am
we booked first class  from Berlin to Poznan Saturday early afternoon into poznan at 6ish, was the only seats available but only 30 euro extra
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 11:00am
IinP

According to the dbahn.de it looks liek you can still book online for the 17.40 from the HBF. Arrives 20.30. There is one other train tomorrow leaving Berlin at 20.30 and arrives at 1.30am with 2 changes

BinM
IrishinPoland View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishinPoland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 10:40am

Anybody got a spare ticket or seat in a bus, taxi, horse and cart June 9th from Berlin to Poznan at or after 5pm. A mate of mine arriving in from Frankfurt Hahn looking for one. Thanks.

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 9:19pm
We have 2 spare (booked) seats on the 14.50 Saturday from Berlin Ostbahnhof to Poznan. (i.e the 14.40 from Hbf)

pm if interested

BinM
Davros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 8:28pm
Have 2 spare train tickets on the 0640 Berlin-Poznan train on this Sunday, €20 each...
Integrate, Integrate!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>
  Share Topic