You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Noble on Talksport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by FiremanDan FiremanDan wrote:

Will always say it about anyone that is dubious about who they should play for, thanks but no thanks. McAteer made a very good point when it came to declaring for a country that you may not have necessarily had as your first choice as a kid and that was declaring from an early age. As soon as McAteer started to get some attention he nailed his colours to the mast and committed to Ireland. Granted he may have realised he would never play for England but this business of fannying around and plumping for Ireland simply because England haven't come knocking or there is a finals tournament in the offing is not what I want to see.

Would sooner let supposedly good players fall by the wayside than go looking for them cap in hand when they have exhausted their other more attractive options.

Fair enough, but I can remember McAteer many moons ago pictured in a magazine under a bunch of signposts: one said 'Republic of Ireland', one said 'Northern Ireland, and one said 'England'........it's things like this that make me think we should only cap players who are born/and bred here, and players who's parents were born and bred here - f**k the grannyrule and these players with weak/questionable links to the country(I now it's less common nowadays, TBF).......is that what we really want?
Sponsored Links

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 9:41pm
Don't care who declares for us as long as they aren't crap and that they give it their all tbh. It will be up to Trapattoni at the end of the day.

Edited by grannyrule - 27 Nov 2011 at 9:46pm
The only way is up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic