You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Noble on Talksport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mark Noble on Talksport
    Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 1:32pm
He was on earlier and talking about Ireland - http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/1313/39/exclusive-noble-promotion-paramount-no-matter-how-we-get-it?

Think he is a great player but to little to late.

Noble’s form in the claret and blue of his boyhood club has also reignited speculation he could pledge his allegiance to the Republic of Ireland after hitherto failing to earn his first full England cap

“I think I am eligible as my grandparents are Irish,” he said. “I’ve been asked before and held out. I still have hopes of playing for England and getting back into the Premier League and I still believe I can do that. We will see, you never know what the future holds.”

Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Newbie Newbie wrote:

He was on earlier and talking about Ireland - http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/1313/39/exclusive-noble-promotion-paramount-no-matter-how-we-get-it?

Think he is a great player but to little to late.

Noble’s form in the claret and blue of his boyhood club has also reignited speculation he could pledge his allegiance to the Republic of Ireland after hitherto failing to earn his first full England cap

“I think I am eligible as my grandparents are Irish,” he said. “I’ve been asked before and held out. I still have hopes of playing for England and getting back into the Premier League and I still believe I can do that. We will see, you never know what the future holds.”

Great??? You must be having a laugh. Noble is average at best. Not a chance of this lad ever getting anywhere near an England squad and I hope nowhere hear an Ireland squad either.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 6:07pm
Decent player and would be a good addition to our side if he did declare for us but the lad has said he wants to play for England so should put it to bed and move on.

wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Decent player and would be a good addition to our side if he did declare for us but the lad has said he wants to play for England so should put it to bed and move on.

+1 same situation as pennant
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 1:46am
too late Mark , good luck with your 'England career'
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 2:32am
Career has stalled. Looked to be on his way to being a great player but seems to have hit a trough.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:50am
struggles to get on the hammers team these days
Tiocfaidh Armani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiocfaidh Armani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 5:07am
I would say no, if asked the first time and it's a no or maybe don't ask a second time...
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 5:08am
Not good comments to make! "I think I qualify". f**k off!
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 5:28am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Not good comments to make! "I think I qualify". f**k off!
+1 Clap
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 5:48am
f**k off Noble
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 6:32am

He's a good player , not a great player & he wants English senior honours so this is a non starter as we dont need players who wont put us first

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 9:30am
dont want players like this coming on board now, he's a decent player but if he did not declare a couple of years back, dont bother now  Angry
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 10:29am
wouldnt fit in traps system anyway

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Chopra Gunner View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopra Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Newbie Newbie wrote:

"We will see, you never know what the future holds.”

There's the key point... we don't want a player at all who considers us as a second best alternative. Look at Kilbane, Cox, St Ledger... they wanted to play for us.
What are you looking at?
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 5:37pm
relations in drogheda
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 9:52pm
f**king cheek of this ****........ridiculous.
FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 5:06pm
Will always say it about anyone that is dubious about who they should play for, thanks but no thanks. McAteer made a very good point when it came to declaring for a country that you may not have necessarily had as your first choice as a kid and that was declaring from an early age. As soon as McAteer started to get some attention he nailed his colours to the mast and committed to Ireland. Granted he may have realised he would never play for England but this business of fannying around and plumping for Ireland simply because England haven't come knocking or there is a finals tournament in the offing is not what I want to see.

Would sooner let supposedly good players fall by the wayside than go looking for them cap in hand when they have exhausted their other more attractive options.
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic