You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Euro 2012 - FAI Tickets (Read Pg81 before posting)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2012 - FAI Tickets (Read Pg81 before posting)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 199>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 1:35pm
Guys, im going to have a bit of a rant as my wife won't listen to me anymore.  25 yrs a BB, currently pay for 3 season tickets. Have been to Euro 88, Italia 90 and over a dozen away games before my kids arrived. I have managed schoolboy teams, and marked pitches in the pissin rain. I have defended the FAI while being sl*gged off by my Rugby and GAA loving work mates, but today I am totally pissed off. 
I have no problem with long term genuine fans getting tickets,  but do I not fall into that group?   I met a guy last night who has attended NO home games in years but attended 2 away's this year ( both as weekend piss up's ) and has been offered 2 tickets for each game. Mr Delaney I dont want your tie, I dont want to go on your disco train, I just want there be some reward for the loyality I have shown the FAI for over 40 years. Sorry guys for the rant,
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 1:37pm
LOLLOL
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Most of the regulars seem to be sorted Trap but my mates were completely screwed and it's not good enough, travel agents getting the CAT 3 tickets over the regular joe is another sham, it's actually embarrassing how poor of an organisation they really are, bunch of kants.

How do you know Travel agents got the Cat 3s?
And do you think the FAI have held back tickets for regulars who somehow slipped through the net?

Basing on what I have read Ger on here or is that not enough for you? Regardless whether they got them or not where the hell have they gone then, shafting fans for the top tickets is a bit much when it seems very few on here for CAT 3, peoples trips have just got a lot more expensive as a result of this.

As for them holding back tickets for ones they missed, jaysus christ Ger, they have had more than enough time to get this right and they still made a bollox of it.

How come you ignored the part where I mentioned my mates that got screwed? Cos it's not possible to defend I guess, absolute sham.

Often forgotten around here, but YBIG does not account for all Ireland fans, how do you know 'the majority' got Cat 1 tickets ? Who is to say the majority of people not on here got Cat 3's ?? And basing the answer on a dozen of your mates is not a valid answer to that. 

As has been mentioned in another post, if your mates are regular away fans & got tickets in their own name off FAI, than they have been shafted alright, but all they can do is contact the FAI and put their case to them. If they didn't get tickets off FAI, please explain how exactly the FAI are to be aware of their existence. 

Shafting fans for expensive tickets?. That has to be a laugh, if there was a poll done yesterday morning before allocations, most people would have taken yer hand off for Cat 1's ahead of getting fcuk all. I know I would have, and I'm saying that as one of the people who got Cat 3s. 

And finally, congrats on superseding Trapnoclue as the forums biggest whinger. LOLLOL
If tis not invented concerns about ' complacency' , it is Traps selections/teams/style of play, now yer on to ticket allocations.  Yer getting very predictable...........LOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 1:44pm
This thread is 1/4 to surpass the James McCarthy thread.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 1:45pm
Abbey travel were offering all category tickets when I rang them in December, however they had very few cat 2 and 3 and it wasn't long before all they had was cat 1. The majority of their tickets was cat 1.

Anyone get the opportunist email from Thomson this bwk referring to the fai ballot being announced and how they still had tickets.

Got rejected by fai but thankfully after sacrificing 6 wks of my life had got tickets I need thru resale portal in Jan. Its very hard for fa to get such a ballot right nut if they were going to reward the long serving and away fans first, then how the likes of forza trap above don't get tickets is frankly astounding

I hope they do secure additional allocations because I'm really surprised by the number of refusals

Edited by elroy45 - 17 Mar 2012 at 1:47pm
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by forza trapp forza trapp wrote:

Guys, im going to have a bit of a rant as my wife won't listen to me anymore.  25 yrs a BB, currently pay for 3 season tickets. Have been to Euro 88, Italia 90 and over a dozen away games before my kids arrived. I have managed schoolboy teams, and marked pitches in the pissin rain. I have defended the FAI while being sl*gged off by my Rugby and GAA loving work mates, but today I am totally pissed off. 
I have no problem with long term genuine fans getting tickets,  but do I not fall into that group?   I met a guy last night who has attended NO home games in years but attended 2 away's this year ( both as weekend piss up's ) and has been offered 2 tickets for each game. Mr Delaney I dont want your tie, I dont want to go on your disco train, I just want there be some reward for the loyality I have shown the FAI for over 40 years. Sorry guys for the rant,

He still attended 2 aways, so what if they were weekend piss ups, sure dont most fans go on the piss for the weekend at away trips?

having said that, yes from your post you are a genuine football fan that does deserve a ticket, but unfortunately demand excceds supply and there are going to be dissappointed people, keep the faith im sure come match day all will be sorted.
I know nothing :-)
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 1:48pm

Basing on what I have read Ger on here or is that not enough for you? Regardless whether they got them or not where the hell have they gone then, shafting fans for the top tickets is a bit much when it seems very few on here for CAT 3, peoples trips have just got a lot more expensive as a result of this.

As for them holding back tickets for ones they missed, jaysus christ Ger, they have had more than enough time to get this right and they still made a bollox of it.

How come you ignored the part where I mentioned my mates that got screwed? Cos it's not possible to defend I guess, absolute sham.

Has anyone that hasnt ticked the box where they give consent to take higher categories been given Cat 1s or 2s? I doubt it. If you couldnt afford/unwilling to take Cat 1s/2s why tick the box, that is a stupid argument.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by elroy45 elroy45 wrote:

Abbey travel were offering all category tickets when I rang them in December, however they had very few cat 2 and 3 and it wasn't long before all they had was cat 1. The majority of their tickets was cat 1.

Anyone get the opportunist email from Thomson this bwk referring to the fai ballot being announced and how they still had tickets.

Got rejected by fai but thankfully after sacrificing 6 wks of my life had got tickets I need thru resale portal in Jan. Its very hard for fa to get such a ballot right nut if they were going to reward the long serving and away fans first, then how the likes of forza trap above don't get tickets is frankly astounding

I hope they do secure additional allocations because I'm really surprised by the number of refusals

He has not attended an away game in years, is one of approx 6,000 st holders

He is one of thousands who every week manage teams, run committees, mark pitches, put up nets etc, etc.

There was an allocation to the various leagues but there are thousands of deserving souls like forza trap whos idenity would be unknown to the fai.

Ticket allocation is a nightmare and a no win situation...hopefully everyone will be sorted out there.

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 2:42pm
What diese said Sono
If your mates were at aways I wud be confident they will b looked after. Bb shud b looked after but there ain't enuf tickets for all. The area behind the goal we have is quite small there are more cat 1 tickets than cat 3. But that's prob the FAI fault too
devondudley View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 2:43pm
I think the one thing to come out of this which is plain wrong is the fact that you had a chance of a ticket if you went to a couple of aways but no home games,
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by devondudley devondudley wrote:

I think the one thing to come out of this which is plain wrong is the fact that you had a chance of a ticket if you went to a couple of aways but no home games,

Why?

These are away games are they not?

The only people i know that go to the away games and not home games live overseas.

I would say there are very few people who fall into this category.

I would say there are far more ST holders who have applied for tickets for 3rd parties who are not going, i certainly know of many in this situation, who have applied for tickets for friends etc.
trapnoclue View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Eh, make that suspended 11 times now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 3:01pm
its alright for you greenforever going by ur defending of the fai at all costs you have ur tickets or you are john delaney,a lot of people got shafted cos the fai have no system in place for tickets cos they are too lazy and uncapable of doin so!
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by elroy45 elroy45 wrote:

He has not attended an away game in years, is one of approx 6,000 st holders

He is one of thousands who every week manage teams, run committees, mark pitches, put up nets etc, etc.

There was an allocation to the various leagues but there are thousands of deserving souls like forza trap whos idenity would be unknown to the fai.

Ticket allocation is a nightmare and a no win situation...hopefully everyone will be sorted out there.

In principle GF i agree with you and your last line is complete sense.  It is very hard to please all.

Its not easy to draw up a definitive list of who is more 'deserving' of the tickets.  Some of Irelands most avid followers cant regularly make away games due to personal economic situation, family, work etc etc but then on the flip side it is right that those who regularly go to home games and away games are rewarded for their efforts also.

Hoping the FAI will secure more tickets and satisfy some of the reject list from yday.  I think people who were part of the FAI ballot were somewhat foolish not to try and get their tickets on the UEFA portal just in case.  You can be damn sure the amount of Irish people looking at that portal now will be a multiple of what it was a few months ago.
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by trapnoclue trapnoclue wrote:

its alright for you greenforever going by ur defending of the fai at all costs you have ur tickets or you are john delaney,a lot of people got shafted cos the fai have no system in place for tickets cos they are too lazy and uncapable of doin so!

Im no defender of the FAI but I would argue they manage their tickets better than other associations in this country.

Out of interest and instead of us all just b8tching, what sort of system would you put in place if you had the power?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I've just checked back 10 pages back and couldn't find it...where are the CAT 1's based in the stadia?

Assuming the above diagram is correct it will make it obvious that most of the tickets are cat 1 & cat 2.  Remember we will only have fans behind 1 goal.

I agree it should have been 1 ticket per person ideally with the ability to link applications so you could sit beside other applicants.
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 3:09pm
elroy id have a points system for sure,everyones name and info on computer,1 point for season ticket,1 point then for every away game attended,cant be that hard to organise.
harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 3:12pm
for those of us that were successfull with 1/4 final tickets only, does anyone know if we will be entered in the ballot for the 2800 extra tickets or is it a case of 1/4 tickets only! Unhappy
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by trapnoclue trapnoclue wrote:

elroy id have a points system for sure,everyones name and info on computer,1 point for season ticket,1 point then for every away game attended,cant be that hard to organise.

Brilliant

Forzatrap will only have 1 point

He will never get a look in

All my mates that have tickets would have 4 or more points so you would have given them tickets anyway.

How do you reward the lad who has no money to travel to away games, who even to make a home game from say Galway is a big sacrifice, but is managing a kids team for years, selling club lotto  tickets every week, on various committess.....there are thousands of these people out there who are also deserving of a ticket

Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 3:19pm
what you on about greenforever,im saying it should be a fairer system,i think its ridiculous a lad goes to 1 away has a better chance than a lad goin to every home game,them lads goin  on the stag and getting tickets is  a pure joke
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 199>
  Share Topic