You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Faroe Islands Away - Torshavn - October 16th, 2012
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Faroe Islands Away - Torshavn - October 16th, 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 70>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 11:39am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

all travel documents early next week apparently

Was expecting to just turn up at airport with passport and check in.
What else do you need?
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
Sponsored Links

Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Someone must be lurking! Just got the corrected confirmation email. Cheers lads!

They're a great bunch. I think their reputation would improve greatly by providing complementary beer on the flight - everyone on the plane would recommend Abbey to friends and family for all future travel after such a gesture.

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Someone must be lurking! Just got the corrected confirmation email. Cheers lads!

They're a great bunch. I think their reputation would improve greatly by providing complementary beer on the flight - everyone on the plane would recommend Abbey to friends and family for all future travel after such a gesture.

I agree trapped. I would also be recommending Abbey Travel to all my friends and family should that situation materialise.
@AntrimMan85
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 12:19pm

I agree trapped. I would also be recommending Abbey Travel to all my friends and family should that situation materialise.

Same as everyone else on the flight I was talking to. If they pull it off their profits next year will be through the roof Shocked

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 12:24pm

Same as everyone else on the flight I was talking to. If they pull it off their profits next year will be through the roof Shocked

And i'd bet whatever member of staff came up with the idea would recieve a promotion and a payrise for their innovative thinking.
@AntrimMan85
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 12:25pm

It would be a huge marketing loss for them not to do such a thing.
For the sake of a few cans they could increase their turnover greatly.

They're a clever bunch in there so I'm sure it was already in the pipeline Thumbs Up
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

They're a clever bunch in there so I'm sure it was already in the pipeline Thumbs Up
I wonder if the light has come on in the office and yer man at the meeting has something to say ............... Go on you know you can do it .....
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 12:39pm

What else do you need?
well a receipt would be a start. Sure they haven't taken passport no.s so potentially anyone could just turn up, but having said that, they're a great company so I'm sure all this in the pipeline, along with the free beer bonus.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 1:09pm
Abbey Travel are ****s
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 1:11pm

What else do you need?

no idea, just asked if he could let me know when flights were going/returning and other details (terminal etc) and just got that back
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I wonder if the light has come on in the office and yer man at the meeting has something to say ............... Go on you know you can do it .....

I agree with all of this. I flew with Lufthansa to Kazakhstan and they had free beer the whole way. It was a great flight. I have since highly recommended lufthansa to all my family and friends and know at least ten of them have booked flights with lufthansa for different dates over the next year. A great airline. If Abbey managed to do something like this on their charter, I would stop flying with any other airline for Ireland matches and would make sure anyone I knew going to Ireland matches gave the wonderful agency that is Abbey their business. In short, free beer = a win for Abbey, a win for Ireland.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 7:44pm
Anybody who wouldn't mind waving a TIFO a few times during the match could you add your name to the list please!!!

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/flags-for-faroe-islands-volunteers-needed_topic41160.html
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 8:36am
Got my ticket there, KO cofirmed for 7
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 8:44am
How many days would you have to give notice for Danish currency in the banks here? Wont have the cash til next Tuesday.

Never done it before but always feel as if Im getting raped with the exchange rate when withdrawing from ATMs. The exchange rate in Poland compared to the shop opened my eyes to that. Less than 4 on the ATM and 4.3 in the exchange shops.
Beareleven View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beareleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

How many days would you have to give notice for Danish currency in the banks here? Wont have the cash til next Tuesday.

Never done it before but always feel as if Im getting raped with the exchange rate when withdrawing from ATMs. The exchange rate in Poland compared to the shop opened my eyes to that. Less than 4 on the ATM and 4.3 in the exchange shops.

I order mine through AIB on Wednesday. Won't have it until next Thursday
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Beareleven Beareleven wrote:

1 Krone won't get you far Bear
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 9:59am
long layover in Copengahen so plan on using an atm there.  queues in the bank are too long to go in twice.  I didn't notice any real difference in the atm rates and otc rates.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by Beareleven Beareleven wrote:

1 Krone won't get you far Bear

Bollix to that idea so
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 70>
  Share Topic