You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shay Given

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 46>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 2:36pm
Dont think Shay is fully fit, milli seconds make the difference. The question mark over his fitness all week leading  up to the game was obviously in the back of the defenders mind, even if it was subconsciously. 

When a keeeper is unfit he is over conscious of his injury and is not in control of his defence. His teammates know the score and over protect him, hence the slowness of getting out of the box for the first goal last night.

Up to Trap to make the call about who plays in the next game and not leave it to Shay.

Would hate to think Shay ruining his reputation by playing when he shouldnt.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

Kingkeano16 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingkeano16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Dont think Shay is fully fit, milli seconds make the difference. The question mark over his fitness all week leading  up to the game was obviously in the back of the defenders mind, even if it was subconsciously. 

When a keeeper is unfit he is over conscious of his injury and is not in control of his defence. His teammates know the score and over protect him, hence the slowness of getting out of the box for the first goal last night.

Up to Trap to make the call about who plays in the next game and not leave it to Shay.

Would hate to think Shay ruining his reputation by playing when he shouldnt.

Didn't look comfortable kicking last night. in relation to the goal, Andrews shouldn't have ducked like that and Shay saw it late, although he'll be disappointed to have been caught flat footed.

The third goal was very unfortunate and one of those things. On another night it would have went harmlessly across the box. I hope he can come back against Spain and show that he is a truly great 'keeper. Packie's reign ended in terrible fashion in the US and I would hate for something like this to happen Shay.
Mr Burns: Tonight Homer I want you to show Marge the time of her life.
Homer: Marge! We're getting a drive thru and doin' it twice!
Eamo94 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamo94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 9:06am
I don't want to be unneccesarily negative about Shay - becuse he has been so brillinat for us - but he has actually been at fault for our last few competitive goals. Armenia at home, Estonia at home and Croatias first the other night.

It pains me to say it but, with injury and form doubts lingering, and his confidence surely low, I'd actually prefer to see Westwood on Thursday.
"I retire content that I have had the opportunity to play football for the greatest nation in the world." - Keith O'Neill
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 9:37am
me too I think we have to have a goalkeeper who is 100% fit - I think Shay has to see this for what it is, i.e the best thing for the team, its too serious to take chances on.
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 9:59am
If Shay plays again(when injured) and puts in a show like that he will damagae his standing with the fans....the team must come first no player can be bigger than the Irish team.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Eamo94 Eamo94 wrote:

I don't want to be unneccesarily negative about Shay - becuse he has been so brillinat for us - but he has actually been at fault for our last few competitive goals. Armenia at home, Estonia at home and Croatias first the other night.

It pains me to say it but, with injury and form doubts lingering, and his confidence surely low, I'd actually prefer to see Westwood on Thursday.

Yep, that is indeed the harsh truth of it. Westwood should start unless Shay's 110%.
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 3:23pm
he is a legend but i do think that his potential retirement from international football after the tournament would not be as seismic as a change as i thought it would be a year or two ago, especially if westwood becomes sunderland's no. 1. think they are very close in terms of skill, westwood doesn't have the experience as the starter yet but he has done well when called upon and is our GK of the future 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 12:12am
 Supposedly he's been let go at Villa. Probably just as well. Wasting his time there this season. 
The dark side.. And the light
normanconquerer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normanconquerer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 1:07am
Will end up in the MLS if he is lucky
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 1:09am
huge payout if that's the case, 6 million to buy out his contract Shocked
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 1:19am
MLS or Celtic for him I'd say
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 1:40am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Not a prayer, he will be linked as he is a fan but it won't happen
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 1:54am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Supposedly he's been let go at Villa. Probably just as well. Wasting his time there this season. 

Didnt he  sign a 5 year contract when he joined Villa?
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Not a prayer, he will be linked as he is a fan but it won't happen
why are you so sure clonbhoy? I reckon Forster will leave in the summer. A fit shay given would be a very able replacement IMO
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 2:28pm
Will struggle to get a team I reckon...sad way Shays career has gone.
Might be bet for him just to retire,be a chance to do TV work.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 2:32pm
Been written offConfused.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Been written offConfused.

When he has played in cup games for Villa he has I'm sad to say looked very very ordinary...shadow of his former self.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 4:27pm
Wouldnt be a bad signing for Hull since Stockdale's loan spell is up and wont be returning.

Its already been said they cant afford to permanently sign him and are looking for an experianced keeper.

If the rummors are true, would be a great Free for Hull.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 46>
  Share Topic