You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lansdowne/Aviva Stadium Walk / Fans stones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lansdowne/Aviva Stadium Walk / Fans stones
    Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 11:25am
have these stones been moved?  Anyone know where they are now? 
Sponsored Links

slade View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 3:24pm
Hi Count,

Long time lurker, first time poster. We bought a brick on the walk and I asked recently where they were. Steward said they had been put in then removed/relocated but didn't know where to. Maybe fai could invite all owners to view them sometime soon. I'm a bit disappointed I havent been able to see it yet....
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 5:02pm
ta slade, anyone else know where they are moved to?
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 5:20pm

Myself and the brother have one, neither of us have ever seen it, neither of us ever got a letter to say where it was. Absolute joke. €170 we paid between us and for what??

I was told a few times one of the spots, by the Lansdowne Tour Guide, was beside Elvery's couldn't find any stones near it.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
herbie View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 5:47pm
had wanted to buy 1 for my dad two years ago as a christmas present sadly he passed away on 19/12/2009 as the fai never returned my call sadly i never got to buy 1 perhaps it was fate when u now c what a shambles the whole thing has been mrs herby

"its the best trip iv ever been on"
EastTerracer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastTerracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 6:57pm
There are a few of the stones in the ground just outside the Elverys shop (they were still there on Tuesday night). These are accesible from Lansdowne Road without entering the stadium. However, rather than there being a "Football Walk" it is actually a mix of football and rugby stones and only measures about 8 foot x 6 foot.

The second location was beside the back-pitch near the Bath Avenue entrance. I'm not sure if these are still in the same place. They are only accessible when the stadium is open as this is inside the perimeter gates of the stadium.

I'm not sure if there are any other locations on the West side of the stadium but it seems like a relatively small number of stones were purchased overall.
Ginzo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Bhobshite's Mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 7:16pm
Im pretty sure I saw them. Memory is vague as it was a while ago but it was close enough to the staircase up to the west stand podium area I think. I think it was around the europa league final time I saw them.they were very out of the way if i remember correctly
The Joker View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Ginzo Ginzo wrote:

Im pretty sure I saw them. Memory is vague as it was a while ago but it was close enough to the staircase up to the west stand podium area I think. I think it was around the europa league final time I saw them.they were very out of the way if i remember correctly

Really sure of yourself thereClapClap
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 6:01pm
Yeah they were on the ground on the route towards the West stand at one stage...There was very few on the football side and looked very poor imo. I got one for my dad but his wasn't in place at the time.
I don't know where they are now but will make some inquiries next week. Hopefully in a better place and preferably off the ground. They really should've been put on a wall.
bann the tolls View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bann the tolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 6:20pm
looked into buying one but when reading thro the T&C remember there were something about if they  need/decide to move or remove them and put in storeage, its within their rights and they don't have to replace them, it was enough to put me off as there seemed to be no guarantees where when and how long they'll be on show.
slade View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 12:59am
Count, I was in the area yesterday and popped into Lansdowne reception. They helpfully told me the stones are now located behind a low black railing juat before the dart crossing gates on LR (berkeley court side of gates. you can push one of the railings open to get a closer look. There are 150 stones maximum. Were unluxky with their timing for sales.

The lad also told me they do stadium tours every hour 7 days a week. 10 euro each.

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 4:40am
Originally posted by slade slade wrote:

Count, I was in the area yesterday and popped into Lansdowne reception. They helpfully told me the stones are now located behind a low black railing juat before the dart crossing gates on LR (berkeley court side of gates. you can push one of the railings open to get a closer look. There are 150 stones maximum. Were unluxky with their timing for sales.

The lad also told me they do stadium tours every hour 7 days a week. 10 euro each.

thanks for that Slade Thumbs Up

Jayzus, these sound like they are well hidden. Confused if anyones walking by can they take a photo and post it up?
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 5:09am
Hi there,

First time posting for me. Been hanging around for a while.

I found it difficult to track the stones down as well. Originally I was told the one I bought for my Dad was at the 'Podium' entrance off Shelbourne Road. But I couldn't get there before kick-off on match days because my seat is in the East Stand Upper and I enter the stiles near Elverys.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I wandered up Lansdowne Road and found them behind the black railing, as slade has already said. They are right beside the DART track, and the football and rugby ones are mixed together.

Edit: Here's a pic

Edited by Daragho - 01 Dec 2011 at 5:18am
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 5:43am
good man Daragho, will check it out next timeThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic