You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rugby Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 337338339340341 470>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

You know its a world cup year. So called best team in the world and a sniff of a world cup around the corner they crumble.

Laughable too that people are blaming the ref when the try he gave Ireland clearly wasn't grounded LOL
And there wasn't much wrong with England's one right on half-time either. They have been miles better. The gap has been huge.

You can't help but feel you're right about the World Cup. Always peak a year too soon.
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 6:47pm
England much the better team

Paddy Power have a lot to answer for. Seems like a few of our lads started to believe their own hype
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 6:55pm
Anything to do with Joe Schmidt now being a lame duck coach? i.e the players know he's leaving soon? that never seems to work out well in any sport.

Amazing how the Irish rugby team seems to always go off the boil in world cup year.Jones seems to have judged peaking for it to perfection, with England

Edited by TonyNotJack - 02 Feb 2019 at 6:55pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You know its a world cup year. So called best team in the world and a sniff of a world cup around the corner they crumble.

Laughable too that people are blaming the ref when the try he gave Ireland clearly wasn't grounded LOL
And there wasn't much wrong with England's one right on half-time either. They have been miles better. The gap has been huge.

You can't help but feel you're right about the World Cup. Always peak a year too soon.

Nah, never a try.

But, England deserved it.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 7:01pm
Why was the match not on RTE
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Why was the match not on RTE

Because it was on Virgin Media.
Danger here, OH NO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Nah, never a try.

But, England deserved it.
I disagree, thought it should have been. 

On a side note, ITV's coverage of everything is atrocious. They should have their broadcasting licence stripped off them at this stage.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 8:15pm
Worst performance in a decade. No plan b, not able to cope with the physicality of the game a basic fundamental. Stockdale found out and henshaw at 15. Schmidt has a lot to answer for he only gets away with because unlike football most of the supporters dont understand the game.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 12:24am
gets away with what.  His record with Ireland is excellent. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 10:13am
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Worst performance in a decade. No plan b, not able to cope with the physicality of the game a basic fundamental. Stockdale found out and henshaw at 15. Schmidt has a lot to answer for he only gets away with because unlike football most of the supporters dont understand the game.
LOLLOLLOL

He got it all wrong yesterday, but what has he got away with? I find his style of play ugly and I agree about having no 'plan B', but 'plan A' has beaten every team he has faced as Ireland manager! Whatever about people understanding the game, a coach with that record, in any sport, would have very little to 'answer for'.

armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 11:12am

LOLLOLLOL

He got it all wrong yesterday, but what has he got away with? I find his style of play ugly and I agree about having no 'plan B', but 'plan A' has beaten every team he has faced as Ireland manager! Whatever about people understanding the game, a coach with that record, in any sport, would have very little to 'answer for'.

Im no fan, im sick of all the plaudits he gets for his attention to detail. Fundamentally he has just coached the rugby out of the lads. You could tell by the look on the players faces 10 minutes in they were beat the last 70 minutes were just going through the motions. The media widely reported what englands game plan would be and he didnt take any heed. Last year We should have lost 3 games but due to a drop goal and stockdales indisicpline we won 3. We will be beating again this year probably in cardiff maybe murrayfield too. Yesterday also showed up that we are still vunerable outwide a problem we have had from before the last world cup and its not being resolved. The last grand slam was a pure fluke and made him untouchable. In japan the southern hemisphere will turn up as will england any talk of world cups is pie in the sky.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 11:18am

LOLLOLLOL

Im no fan, im sick of all the plaudits he gets for his attention to detail. Fundamentally he has just coached the rugby out of the lads. You could tell by the look on the players faces 10 minutes in they were beat the last 70 minutes were just going through the motions. The media widely reported what englands game plan would be and he didnt take any heed. Last year We should have lost 3 games but due to a drop goal and stockdales indisicpline we won 3. We will be beating again this year probably in cardiff maybe murrayfield too. Yesterday also showed up that we are still vunerable outwide a problem we have had from before the last world cup and its not being resolved. The last grand slam was a pure fluke and made him untouchable. In japan the southern hemisphere will turn up as will england any talk of world cups is pie in the sky.
A lot of that is debatable, very debatable, but, for the sake of this argument we will take it to be all true, he still isn't getting  away with anything because it is all about results and his have been fantastic. So whether he is doing it by luck or design, your post was still absolute nonsense.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 11:25am
England were the much better team yesterday. Right from the off they played brilliant.

It’s important how Ireland respond now. 
Need a good performance against Scotland.

whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 11:25am
Only a matter of time before he ends up managing some average team in the Midlands of England, with his rough cut diamond Farrell tagging along after him.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 11:37am

LOLLOLLOL

A lot of that is debatable, very debatable, but, for the sake of this argument we will take it to be all true, he still isn't getting  away with anything because it is all about results and his have been fantastic. So whether he is doing it by luck or design, your post was still absolute nonsense.
I disagree, there has being no great leap forward in the ireland team in the last 5 years. Il give him credit for ironing out the il discipline and stupid mistakes but thats all he will get from me. He is getting away with being lauded as some sort of mastermind god like deity in the media and general public and its not even a cousin of reality. Its common sense stuff we wont win a world cup because you need a plan B and he cant deliver that, over his tenure the inability to change systems mid game has being evident and thats due to his style. I think he has being found out. Play big lads against, crash ball blitz defense. Keep kicking behind to keep our high line 3 quarters honest and thats it. Its that bad that johnny sexton seemed to have the fact that you can kick to the corners wiped from his mind yesterday. Schmidt doesnt back or trust our players our he would let them think for themselves. But yes this is all debatable stuff.

Edited by armahibee - 03 Feb 2019 at 11:38am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 11:46am

LOLLOLLOL

I disagree, there has being no great leap forward in the ireland team in the last 5 years. Il give him credit for ironing out the il discipline and stupid mistakes but thats all he will get from me. He is getting away with being lauded as some sort of mastermind god like deity in the media and general public and its not even a cousin of reality. Its common sense stuff we wont win a world cup because you need a plan B and he cant deliver that, over his tenure the inability to change systems mid game has being evident and thats due to his style. I think he has being found out. Play big lads against, crash ball blitz defense. Keep kicking behind to keep our high line 3 quarters honest and thats it. Its that bad that johnny sexton seemed to have the fact that you can kick to the corners wiped from his mind yesterday. Schmidt doesnt back or trust our players our he would let them think for themselves. But yes this is all debatable stuff.
But you are disagreeing with fact. You can, obviously, argue the merits of Schmidt, that his tactics are stifling our most talented players, of how his legacy will reflect on him, etcetera, etcetera.  There is a chance you will be proved correct, but you stated he was "getting away with it" because Ireland rugby fans "don't understand the sport". That is patently untrue. Whatever he is getting away with is because the results have been excellent.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 12:06pm

LOLLOLLOL

But you are disagreeing with fact. You can, obviously, argue the merits of Schmidt, that his tactics are stifling our most talented players, of how his legacy will reflect on him, etcetera, etcetera.  There is a chance you will be proved correct, but you stated he was "getting away with it" because Ireland rugby fans "don't understand the sport". That is patently untrue. Whatever he is getting away with is because the results have been excellent.

But they havent, the two all black wins where,  but they where in end of season tests and long overdue. You could agrue the series win in australia was excellent and for me stands out above the AB games but lets be honest the wallabies like the french arent what they used to be. For me the 6 nations is the barometer for these things even above the world cup and in my mind the style and results havent being above and beyond what we have seen under kidney or o sullivan. Im not buying the hype.

Edited by armahibee - 03 Feb 2019 at 12:07pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 12:29pm
LOL

LOLLOLLOL

But they havent, the two all black wins where,  but they where in end of season tests and long overdue. You could agrue the series win in australia was excellent and for me stands out above the AB games but lets be honest the wallabies like the french arent what they used to be. For me the 6 nations is the barometer for these things even above the world cup and in my mind the style and results havent being above and beyond what we have seen under kidney or o sullivan. Im not buying the hype.
LOLLOL The Six Nations are the barometer, are they? He has won the last  two of them! One with a grand slam!  It isn't his fault Australia are struggling! But despite their struggles, beating them is better than beating New Zealand? Who has mentioned Kidney or O'Sullivan, they are irrelevant to the post I took issue with!
It isn't even that I am disagreeing with what you are saying, I think there is a kernel of truth in there, just that it is being put forward in a ridiculous and senseless manner and is getting worse with each post. Think before you type!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 337338339340341 470>
  Share Topic