You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rugby Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 312313314315316 470>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 3:38am
If anyone has a link for the game in the morning that would be tremendous. Thanks.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 9:37am
Ireland: Rob Kearney, Keith Earls, Robbie Henshaw, Bundee Aki, Jacob Stockdale; Johnny Sexton, Conor Murray; Jack Conan, Peter O'Mahony (capt), CJ Stander; James Ryan, Devin Toner; Tadhg Furlong, Sean Cronin, Jack McGrath.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Cian Healy, John Ryan, Tadhg Beirne, Jordi Murphy, Kieran Marmion, Ross Byrne, Jordan Larmour.

Strong team.... 

a good test for the team to see what level they are at.

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 9:57am
Cronin out injured, so scannell starts
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 11:22am
lads does anyone have any links to streams that don’t lag?
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 11:49am
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 11:57am
That Nordie commentator is a ****.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I enjoyed his Titanic anecdote especially.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 1:05pm
ClapClapClapClap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 1:08pm
Brilliant stuff!

Between this and the Championship we are in a good place.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 1:10pm
A little bit lucky to win today but deserved to win the series.

ClapClapClap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 1:14pm
Great to dig it out. Clap
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 1:19pm
Will boost their confidence no end 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 1:35pm
Will they parade the trophy in Dublin upon their return?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Will they parade the trophy in Dublin upon their return?

Yes, the players are heading back on a jet and the Lansdowne cup will be paraded at t̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶v̶i̶v̶a̶  Lansdowne road as a warm up for Billy Joel.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 10:51am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He really is. Do you think he likes Stockdale? It's hard to tell...
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:18pm
I see World Rugby Vice Chairman Augustin Pichot has stepped away from the official marketing line and described the November Test series as 'friendlies'. They might have to send him on a marketing course or something, he won't last too much longer deviating from the official PR around the competition. Might have an adverse effect on DVD sales if he keeps up with this carry on. 

Just to save ye reading the article, he says of the November series; ''We don't want friendlies, we want games with an edge''. 

So egg lads, what's the craic here, is the vice chairman of World Rugby, who has played in some 71 of these tests (the friendly ones and the real ones, so presumably he would be well placed to judge there is a difference between them) incorrect ?? It's a point I have made repeatedly over the years here & elsewhere, but I have to admit I never expected a senior World Rugby figure to agree with me publicly. 

He has a bit of form for cutting through absolute bollix too, as the main driver behind extending the residency rules from 3 years to 5, could it be that he has somehow remained immune to the bollixology that surrounds the sport even after his elevation to high office ? Well done anyway, I'll vote for him in the re-election campaign. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:47pm
Deise, the article is about much more than the branding of test matches or friendlies.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 11:42pm
Ah I know that HF, the main topic of the article is the scheduling of the world rugby calendar and that comment was basically only a very minor, incidental part of the article, but all that said, the VC of world rugby referred to the November test series as friendlies. Which the rugby lads on here have been telling me for years that they most certainly are not. 

I'm not sure who to believe any more & would like some clarity....................

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 312313314315316 470>
  Share Topic