You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rugby Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 300301302303304 470>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Sid, a few weeks ago on here you were more or less saying they were for the slammer, and that you couldn't understand how so many on the thread were saying that the lads would all walk.
Now you're biggest hope is if Jackson is ever taking a penalty kick in Ireland again there may not be silence in the crowd.  

Jackson will never play Rugby for Ulster or Ireland again.

If the IRFU were to allow his contract to be reinstated Sponsors will walk away.

Ulster Rugby rely on the IRFU for funding and even they would lose sponsors if they allowed him back.

Olding with his apology just may in a few years get to play for an Irish team but as of now they have no chance of playing here or even in the UK.

I agree with what you've said. It doesn't disagree with anything in the post you've quoted.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Sid, a few weeks ago on here you were more or less saying they were for the slammer, and that you couldn't understand how so many on the thread were saying that the lads would all walk.
Now you're biggest hope is if Jackson is ever taking a penalty kick in Ireland again there may not be silence in the crowd.

Oh, I'm quite up front that I still believe the complainant, and I don't believe the defendants' version of events. 

Personally I thought the verdict was a toss up. The burden of proof beyond reasonable doubt is a difficult one to attain.

I didn't say "I hope" Jackson is booed at a match. 

I think if the rule of law is to mean anything, Jackson and Olding should be allowed resume their careers with Ulster.

I'm merely saying that as long as Jackson pursues such legal actions and keeps the story going, he can expect to make himself an enemy of a lot of people. That's a fairly logical conclusion to come to, I think.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 3:25pm
I wouldn't have had it as close as a toss up when the jury went for deliberating.
The tone from judge Patricia Smyth when ordering and guiding the jury at the end of the case, it was pretty obvious that they weren't going to be convicted IMO.

Frank Greaney said the same in a radio interview that there was a general sense towards the end that they would be found not guilty.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

What did the juror actually say?

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2018/03/30/liable-for-arrest/

the last part of the statement has been broken already has it not by them posting a statement about them being told not to comment

"

Following my comments on Broadsheet, there is now an order, delivered to me yesterday, by  Judge Patricia Smyth QC, for the jury members to not comment on this case at all.

I will, of course, abide by this, but hope to keep contributing to Broadsheet on other subjects.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

the last part of the statement has been broken already has it not by them posting a statement about them being told not to comment

"

Following my comments on Broadsheet, there is now an order, delivered to me yesterday, by  Judge Patricia Smyth QC, for the jury members to not comment on this case at all.

I will, of course, abide by this, but hope to keep contributing to Broadsheet on other subjects.

"Shayna" (the jury member) made sarcastic remarks on Broadsheet that "Mummy and Daddy live in South Belfast in a million pound house."

And she was the foreperson of the jury. 

Now, if Shayna was the foreperson and was online within hours writing this stuff, forgive me for thinking that the jury was not comprised of Ulster's finest intellects.

Edited by sid waddell - 30 Mar 2018 at 3:54pm
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

"

"Shayna" (the jury member) made sarcastic remarks on Broadsheet that "Mummy and Daddy live in South Belfast in a million pound house."

Now, if Shayna was the foreperson and was online within hours writing this stuff, forgive me for thinking that the jury was not comprised of Ulster's finest intellects.

Whose mummy and daddy? The complainant's??
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 4:19pm
'Keep contributing'? As what? Idiot in chief? Sweet Jesus.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by SimonCox SimonCox wrote:

"

Yeah.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 4:38pm

"

Following my comments on Broadsheet, there is now an order,
delivered to me yesterday, by  Judge Patricia Smyth QC, for the jury
members to not comment on this case at all.

My guess is Shayna is a fantasist or a WUM and not part of the jury at all. As likely as a foreperson of a jury is such a complicated stressful case going into a public forum giving their views.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

"

Following my comments on Broadsheet, there is now an order,
delivered to me yesterday, by  Judge Patricia Smyth QC, for the jury
members to not comment on this case at all.

My guess is Shayna is a fantasist or a WUM and not part of the jury at all. As likely as a foreperson of a jury is such a complicated stressful case going into a public forum giving their views.

From RTE website

Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland, Conor Gallagher of The Irish Times said the juror got involved in an online discussion about the trial.

He said the comments displayed an in-depth knowledge of the trial and indicated that the person was genuine.

He said the newspaper contacted the Public Prosecutions Office in Northern Ireland to query whether there was any issue or were the jurors allowed to comment freely and was told the matter was being referred to the Lord Chief Justice of Northern Ireland.

Mr Gallagher said the juror contacted The Irish Times last night to defend her comments, and said she had been contacted by the Lord Chief Justice’s office and advised to have the comments deleted, which she said she did.

I know nothing :-)
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 5:06pm
I stand corrected.
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 5:11pm

Originally posted by SimonCox SimonCox wrote:

"

Yeah.

She should not have been privy to this info though! She must have known this info before the case concluded.

I had heard the complainant's father's profession about two weeks into the trial. Not via social media but by word of mouth. Ireland is a small country. These jurors had been instructed daily not to talk about the trial or read stuff on social media...
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 6:33pm
The comment wasn't funny the first time you posted it WW.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

The comment wasn't funny the first time you posted it WW.
I admire his perseverance.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Anybody who explicitly claims they are guilty would be open to being sued, or those who would do so by way of innuendo. The ibelieveher hashtag would be more difficult to argue as it would probably require going into the full facts of the case, and the lower standard of proof. But the not guilty verdict means that people have to be careful how far they go when claiming their guilt, when the Court has found otherwise.

As Aodhan O'Riordan has just found out

And Mr Jackson & his legal team have just become aquainted with the Streisand effect. 4,500 #SueMePaddy tweets and counting. He'll be richer than Denis O'Brien & Michael O'Leary combined at this rate...........

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 10:33pm
#bantz, or something.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 9:16am
What a bunch of ****s!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 9:56am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 300301302303304 470>
  Share Topic