You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rugby Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 308309310311312 469>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 7:42pm
Any club linked with these two will no doubt have a number of tweets from the general public directed at them.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 7:53pm
Sale have sold out
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Any club linked with these two will no doubt have a number of tweets from the general public directed at them.
I always wonder why clubs feel the need to cave to social media. It’s generally a microcosm of public perception or in this case maybe Sale fans perception. Tweets from the general public would probably equate to 1% of the population, so why do they dictate an organization decision. 

More a comment and query to get discussion going than anything else.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 12:12am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

I always wonder why clubs feel the need to cave to social media. It’s generally a microcosm of public perception or in this case maybe Sale fans perception. Tweets from the general public would probably equate to 1% of the population, so why do they dictate an organization decision. 

What business person will bring a huge amount of hassle and negative publicity upon themselves for the sake of signing the two lads ??
I know nothing :-)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 12:27am

Wouldn't think anything to do with social media in this case, more than likely there might have been some truth in the rumour they were signing, and maybe a phone call from a major sponsor put a quick end to it. If a sport embraces the oul corporate values wholeheartedly, and I think it's fair to say rugby would be at the forefront of that, often to the point those values are presented to the general unwashed as indistinguishable, then you have to play by the corporate rules, or more accurately, the rules of their PR/Marketing department. 

Someone's PR/marketing dept got a bit nervy here would be my guess.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Wouldn't think anything to do with social media in this case, more than likely there might have been some truth in the rumour they were signing, and maybe a phone call from a major sponsor put a quick end to it. If a sport embraces the oul corporate values wholeheartedly, and I think it's fair to say rugby would be at the forefront of that, often to the point those values are presented to the general unwashed as indistinguishable, then you have to play by the corporate rules, or more accurately, the rules of their PR/Marketing department. 

Someone's PR/marketing dept got a bit nervy here would be my guess.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/43994265
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 11:06pm
Predictable, though wasn't expecting confirmation of that theory as quickly.  The fact is they would still be at Ulster if it was a rugby decision only, they are only gone because the upstanding moral guardians in the Bank of Ireland, who have rarely ever put a moral foot out of place themselves, told the lads at Ulster rugby to get rid. 

Likewise, if a rugby decision only, the lads would have signed for Sale, and maybe I'm doing a disservice to Sale sponsor Mr Bell, but as the owner/manager of an investment company, likely his first concern is his company's brand name, not any moral concerns over the 2 lads. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:22pm
Not a great first half from Leinster so far.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:30pm
No it's a very scrappy match. Not a great sign.

Stuart Barnes is very anti Leinster it seems. Has struck me as being a but anti-irish in the past
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:43pm
Wayne Barnes in making sh*te decisions shocker
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:14pm
This is brutal. Everything going wrong
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:37pm
Rubbish game but who cares!

Leinster wins Clap

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:39pm
Win is a win

Only time we were ahead in the game Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:43pm
Champions!
Can't do it in style every time.

Really had a bad feeling the whole game that it was going to slip.

Delighted for Isa as well. Didn't have a great game but two critical pressure kicks for the win
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:44pm
Boom! A good way to win it!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:56pm
Russia have replaced Romania as our opponents in World Cup after Romania banned for ineligible players

Edited by lassassinblanc - 16 May 2018 at 4:56pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Russia have replaced Romania as our opponents in World Cup after Romania banned for ineligible players

Delighted Clap

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:00pm
Was it three teams in the end that fielded ineligible players? Absolute sh*tshow.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 308309310311312 469>
  Share Topic