You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weekend Break in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 9:23pm
Plenty of places in Donegal. Downings, Rossnowlagh and a few others that aren't Bundoran. The route from Magherafelt through Draperstown and then either Greencastle to Omagh (and over the border through Pettigo) or Plumbridge to Newtownstewart (and on over the border through Castlederg) are both very scenic drives.

Also Rosses Point and even Enniscrone are options, albeit they're both a bit further afield.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 14 Aug 2017 at 9:27pm
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

any recommendations (not for me) doesnt want to travel too far coming from magherafelt area
- for a couple

Stayed in lusty beg island earlier in the year with the missus. Nice and quiet. Just past Enniskillen.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Plenty of places in Donegal. Downings, Rossnowlagh and a few others that aren't Bundoran. The route from Magherafelt through Draperstown and then either Greencastle to Omagh (and over the border through Pettigo) or Plumbridge to Newtownstewart (and on over the border through Castlederg) are both very scenic drives.

Also Rosses Point and even Enniscrone are options, albeit they're both a bit further afield.

Gods country
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 12:25pm
Bump - somewhere over the twelfth that isn't rammed eg Donegal and or full of frankies 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 12:28pm

Bump - somewhere over the twelfth that isn't rammed eg Donegal and or full of frankies 

Wexford Town is a nice aul spot particularly when the weather is nice Thumbs Up 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 09 Apr 2019 at 12:28pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Wexford Town is a nice aul spot particularly when the weather is nice Thumbs Up 
It must have changed!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 12:37pm

You should try to give Westport a lash Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 12:53pm

Inis Mor is unreal NR. Went last year around that time and loved it. 3 pubs. Nice grub and great scenery and no hustle bustle.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Inis Mor is unreal NR. Went last year around that time and loved it. 3 pubs. Nice grub and great scenery and no hustle bustle.

not sure about a ferry Colmoc looking for somewhere a bit busier

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Behave

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 1:23pm
The further from the North the better, if you're going over the twelfth. But wherever you go in July, it'll be busy.

If you don't fancy Westport, you could head on down to Clifden.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 1:25pm
Clifden is lovely, but I'd suspect it's all boked out in July 

So I give you BigStrongman's hidden gem, Blackrock in Craptown Clap Clap Clap
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 1:38pm
Clifden, Dungarvan, Ballyvaughan all nice spots..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Clifden is lovely, but I'd suspect it's all boked out in July 

So I give you BigStrongman's hidden gem, Blackrock in Craptown Clap Clap Clap
That would be fine as long as that merve was not there at the same time LOL
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Clifden, Dungarvan, Ballyvaughan all nice spots..

Back to Waterford City with ya NP. Viking Triangle and Waterford Crystal in City Centre and then head off on the Greenway but don't stay in Dungarvan. Kip LOL

off to Killarney and Kenmare for Easter will report back Wink
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 4:23pm
The sandhouse hotel on rossanowlagh is outstanding in everyway and is what an Irish hotel experience should be. Fantastic food  , beach out your window , surfing Bar none , wonderful walks and magnificent staff who make it feel like home.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

The sandhouse hotel on rossanowlagh is outstanding in everyway and is what an Irish hotel experience should be. Fantastic food  , beach out your window , surfing Bar none , wonderful walks and magnificent staff who make it feel like home.
Surely that would defeat the whole purpose of going away?
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Surely that would defeat the whole purpose of going away?
LOL
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic