You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthony Pilkington

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 52>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anthony Pilkington
    Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 8:49am
Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 8:51am
Confused
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 8:52am
Where's the thread gone to?
Did city4life blow it up?
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 8:53am
thread deleted by mistake as trapdoesnthaveaclue was getting 2 many bites

fairsickoftrap View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairsickoftrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 8:54am
any chance of getting some male mods over this site?
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 8:55am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

thread deleted by mistake as trapdoesnthaveaclue was getting 2 many bites

Classic Count LOL

Trapisaniternettroll is an annoying git Angry
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 7:12pm

The 23-year-old represented the Republic of Ireland at under 21 level but his goalscoring form during City’s impressive Premier League return has now raised the prospect of a senior call in the future.

Canaries’ chief Paul Lambert endorsed Pilkington’s claims for international recognition recently along with a number of his Norwich team mates. The Lancashire-born left winger, however, is in no rush to pledge his allegiance to the country of his birth or that of his ancestors.

“If they both came in I’d have to think about it, but I’m not thinking about that. I’m just enjoying my football down here at Norwich,” he said. “I’m not thinking about any international call-ups or anything like that, I just want to concentrate on getting the three points each week and playing well.

“It just shows how well as a group we are playing and that people are taking note of what we’re doing and the quality we’ve got at the club - with one or two people being linked with the international set-ups it proves we’re a great squad and we are doing really well at the moment.”

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/canaries_midfielder_pilkington_focussing_on_norwich_city_1_1113641
The only way is up
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 7:53pm
Looks decent but would have to feel for hoolahan if he got a call up ahead of him
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 4:22am
well by looking at that article even if he gets a call up in February he will be injured so i cant see this being resolved any time soon
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 7:55am
He has had a good start to his first prem campaign no doubt but we shouldn't get carried away.he is bring careful in what he says but really guys if he gets the call to wear the 3 lions he will.not to sure he ever will jump ahead of current English players got be much like the o' hara situation.suppose he has lined out for an Irish team already but next friendly if he still doing well give him a call if any luke warm feed back I'd leave him be.
Dano View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 9:08am
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

The 23-year-old represented the Republic of Ireland at under 21 level but his goalscoring form during City’s impressive Premier League return has now raised the prospect of a senior call in the future.

Canaries’ chief Paul Lambert endorsed Pilkington’s claims for international recognition recently along with a number of his Norwich team mates. The Lancashire-born left winger, however, is in no rush to pledge his allegiance to the country of his birth or that of his ancestors.

“If they both came in I’d have to think about it, but I’m not thinking about that. I’m just enjoying my football down here at Norwich,” he said. “I’m not thinking about any international call-ups or anything like that, I just want to concentrate on getting the three points each week and playing well.

“It just shows how well as a group we are playing and that people are taking note of what we’re doing and the quality we’ve got at the club - with one or two people being linked with the international set-ups it proves we’re a great squad and we are doing really well at the moment.”

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/canaries_midfielder_pilkington_focussing_on_norwich_city_1_1113641

Seems pretty clear that he is holding out for England, he is a winger and from all I've seen of him he would be 4th choice at best. If we're going the mercenary route we should bring in Jermaine Pennant.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Dano Dano wrote:

Seems pretty clear that he is holding out for England, he is a winger and from all I've seen of him he would be 4th choice at best. If we're going the mercenary route we should bring in Jermaine Pennant.

Dont want Pennent anywhere near a green jersy (even if he is eligible ......is he actually ?)
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 1:06pm

Sounds like the Jaime O'Hara story and he went on to win 100 England caps....... and star for Wolves...
Say nothing till you hear more
Dano View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Dano Dano wrote:

Dont want Pennent anywhere near a green jersy (even if he is eligible ......is he actually ?)

That's my point, I've got no problem bringing in players born outside Ireland once they are fully committed to the cause and not holding out in hopes of a call up to England.

This guy is in the same catogory as Pennent and O'Hara.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 10:29am
scored his 4th of the season with a quality freekick past Shay

get it done Trapp
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 10:32am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

scored his 4th of the season with a quality freekick past Shay

get it done Trapp

Trapattoni is far too lackadaisical with these lads.

Edited by grannyrule - 05 Nov 2011 at 11:23am
The only way is up
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 10:34am
he would be a 1-cap wonder for England

Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 12:08pm
He's flying in fairness. Id have no problem seeing him called up
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 52>
  Share Topic