You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wes Hoolahan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 101>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:23am
Originally posted by oreilly21 oreilly21 wrote:

can everybody please relax there for a second.

he has played a hanful of games at the top level and hasnt proved anything yet, far from the finished product and at this moment doesnt warrant a place in our squad or the England squad.

these players come and go, if after christmas he is still playing to a high level then we can talk about him again.

To be fair on the lad, if he would accept a call-up from us, we definitely should give him one. I personally think he's great a crosser of a ball, maybe better than any of our current wingers and is pacey enough as well. If Coleman is given a chance then Pilkington should be too, that is if he wants it. I think he's closer to"finishing the article" than young Seamus.
Sponsored Links

Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 6:14am
Pilkington on the radio here last night saying that he would rather play in the Premier League again next season than go to Euro 2012 with Ireland . . . . . . .
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 6:21am
Don't think he will have to worry about it
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 7:03am
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

Pilkington on the radio here last night saying that he would rather play in the Premier League again next season than go to Euro 2012 with Ireland . . . . . . .

That's ok. Fair play to the lad for been honest. He obviously see's himself as very much English and is holding our for an England call up.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 7:11am
I admire his honesty maybe he's thinking further down the line with us
Considering he has yet to win a cap he hardly expects a seat in front row of plane
Could have been taken out of context or maybe he has no interest in us
Time will tell
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 9:18am
Seems a fair  enough comment to me,  He has not played for us at senior level and he is basically saying he would rather stay up this season with a team he has played with and establishing himself as a premier league player than go as a back up to a squad that he has not been yet.  
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Seems a fair  enough comment to me,  He has not played for us at senior level and he is basically saying he would rather stay up this season with a team he has played with and establishing himself as a premier league player than go as a back up to a squad that he has not been yet.  

yeah perhaps he feels ignored? we always call up players like keogh from the championship and he has been continually overlooked, could be a bit bitter. dont think he will end up in our squad anyway tbh. tierney has the best chance imo
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 10:39am
Why are peole talking about Pilkington here Confused
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 1:10pm
Ya, I admire his honesty as well - albeit in a begrudging kind of a way - but I bet he'll accept a call up this time next year when he's still being ignored by England.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

What he says on an English radio station is always going to be different to what he (or most players) say to an Irish station. 

What would the Norwich fans have thought if he'd had said that he'd prefer to play in a competition next summer for a team he's never played for than see his club team stay upConfused

Wouldn't read anything into it nor would I be shouting from the rafters for his call up. He'd be an improvement on Lawrence but if he's not comitted, give me Lawrence any day.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 8:41am
Scored for Norwich
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
TheBeachBoysReunion View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBeachBoysReunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 1:02pm
Hoolahan beat the offside trap and set up Surman with a superb cross. 1-0 to Norwich at Molineux.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 1:04pm
Happy days. More Fantasy Footie points. Gwan Wes!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBeachBoysReunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 1:13pm
Came very close with a left footer from outside the box.
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 2:40pm
Everything goes through him, he's not on par with the likes of Silva obviously, but he's definitely the same sort of player. He always impresses me, really hope he gets a chance in a friendly. 
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBeachBoysReunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 2:41pm
Ward and Hoolahan both had very good games. Hunt is an impact player, nothing more. Doyle didn't do much after coming on.
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBeachBoysReunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 5:43pm

Full of adventure and incision. Drifted from the left flank to the centre. Inch-perfect cross allowed Surman to score. Has taken to the top flight like a duck to water. Hooked at the end for Bennett.

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,19764,11065_3408403,00.html

Man of the match: Wes Hoolahan gets the nod for Norwich after an impressive showing from the midfield schemer. He was at the centre of Norwich's best moves.

ilovetrap View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan
McShane = Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovetrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 5:51pm
a joke if he doesnt get a chance to impress in feb.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 101>
  Share Topic