You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wes Hoolahan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 101>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Signs for Cambridge United

That’s definitely not good marketing for the LOI. Playing league 2 instead of LOI Confused

Edited by Olaf - 28 Jul 2020 at 11:13pm
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

That’s definitely not good marketing for the LOI. Playing league 2 instead of LOI Confused

I would imagine L2 is a higher standard, better paid and better facilities 
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 12:35am
not sure if it is....
 But Cambridge is a good bit nearer his home in Norwich...
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 12:44am
Surely Kenny will rest him in September and keep him fresh for the playoff?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

His home is in Attleburgh, I believe he settled there and was going to sign for the U's last year before f**king us over and going to Australia and getting crocked. He played against Leicester City for half an hour a year ago. It was a typical Wes performance, a few nice touches that counted for little before a needless risk lead to their third goal.

I hope he isn't on big money as I can see him playing three games and joining Norwich by Christmas. If he is anywhere near capable of his best he could turn out to be a signing that pushes us from mid-table to play-off, but I would rather have seen the club gamble on Carruthers. Maybe they felt he was a lost cause after last year though.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 11:49pm
Has Carruthers left Cambridge? I really thought he would be a top class player when he played underage
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 9:29am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Has Carruthers left Cambridge? I really thought he would be a top class player when he played underage
He was released at what would have been the end of the season. He was the highest earner at the club and didn't play much due to injury and an incident at the Christmas party. He was just starting to get a run of games together when the season stopped. He should have been nowhere near this league but he may well struggle to get a club in it now.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Surely Kenny will rest him in September and keep him fresh for the playoff?

He could be a mentor for young Doherty who is just starting his career.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:38am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

He was released at what would have been the end of the season. He was the highest earner at the club and didn't play much due to injury and an incident at the Christmas party. He was just starting to get a run of games together when the season stopped. He should have been nowhere near this league but he may well struggle to get a club in it now.

Interesting, cheers, definitely seems his attitude has held him back 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:36am
Cracking goal from Wes against Morecambe yesterday.

Edited by Double Maxim - 20 Sep 2020 at 11:37am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I watched Celtic for free, rather than give iFollow a tenner, but supposedly he was superb. As much as I always felt he was vastly overrated in green, if he stays fit he should be far too good for our division and might give us a reasonable chance of a trip to Wembley. That's if the season is finished!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Quality. ClapCoolClap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 4:23pm
f**king abysmal today. Same as many of his Ireland performances, he looks for passes that aren't there!
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 4:27pm
Irelands best player for most of his 43 caps. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 4:42pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

f**king abysmal today. Same as many of his Ireland performances, he looks for passes that aren't there!

You'd think you'd let it go now that he's been retired from international football for over 3 years, but you never seem to tire of trying to convince people (fairly poorly) that he isn't/wasn't a good player.
We're decent enough..
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 5:05pm
His goal against Sweden was one of the most technically difficult goals I've seen us score and he made it look effortless.

Had anyone else on the team attempted it, I dont think the ball would have landed to this very day. 

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 5:37pm
I’d go as far to say no other Ireland player of the last 10 years could have done any of this:

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 101>
  Share Topic