You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scruffy's meetup vs Estonia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 10:04am
Ill be glad for the upstairs heat! Dont see why we'd move it
Sponsored Links

ParkLife View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 10:07am
Yeah but I know we'll be walking to it, by the time we get there we'll have worked up a sweat and will probably pass out in there.
Plus there will be about 40-50 of us arriving together, don't want to all be jammed into the upstairs,especially if it's packed by the time we get there!
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 10:21am
Get a bag of cans and sit/stand outside ParkLife, there's loads of room!
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
ShannonHibs10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Can't resist used french letters

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShannonHibs10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

Get a bag of cans and sit/stand outside ParkLife, there's loads of room!

Sounds good to me.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 11:43am
Pints (lager) are perfect upstairs. Bar staff are bang on in my experience, bit of craic with them and never once did they try and overcharge. Obviously yer man who was mentioned wasn't aware, and although he should have been told, it's hardly a hanging offence that they forgot to fill him in. Yes it can get very warm but any boozer will be the same when it's packed. Scruffy's has and will continue to be a huge success. Handy to get to from town (no7 bus) and a few mins walk from the train.
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 11:44am
Do anyone on here ever go to Ryans Beggers Bush pre match? 

Was there for Slovakia and it was great. Cheap drink (3.60 for Guinness iirc) and good staff. The Slovakia team bus also passed which added to the atmosphereLOL

They also do a serious steak sambo!!!
It's Jack Shat
FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Pints (lager) are perfect upstairs. Bar staff are bang on in my experience, bit of craic with them and never once did they try and overcharge. Obviously yer man who was mentioned wasn't aware, and although he should have been told, it's hardly a hanging offence that they forgot to fill him in. Yes it can get very warm but any boozer will be the same when it's packed. Scruffy's has and will continue to be a huge success. Handy to get to from town (no7 bus) and a few mins walk from the train.

I think Scruffy's is a good call. To be fair the last day they were handing out free nibbles as well. There are not really any other boozers nearby that jump out. It's a pity they couldn't erect a massive beer tent on the all weather pitch at the back of the West Stand in Lansdowne. That would make for some atmosphere.

(Edit: Just on that point, how close to a stadium are you allowed sell alcohol??? Would the back pitch constitute being inside the ground????)

Edited by FiremanDan - 18 Oct 2011 at 12:11pm
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Scruffys is great but the pints upstairs are terrible.

they really do need to clean the lines - tahts why we didnt go last time. the guiness is particularly crap
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:10pm
Scruffies was always our local when I worked in the area years ago and still love the place. Always drink lager and thats spot on up and downstairs. Prices good and free fingerfood, not many pubs are as accomodating.
Sure, there've been a few hickups along route with music and perhaps staffing, but I reckon this has all the signs of a long-term marriage!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:17pm
can someone give me directions from the berkley hotel to scruffys as went looking for the after the armenia game and gave up eventually and went back to my mates in ucd student bar LOL
AndyMc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:27pm
They charged me full rates before when Sasa123 was getting the discount
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

can someone give me directions from the berkley hotel to scruffys as went looking for the after the armenia game and gave up eventually and went back to my mates in ucd student bar LOL

When your're standing at  the Berkley go towards the junction of pembroke rd and northumberland rd .turn onto northumberland rd and continue on this rd for about ten mins you will go through the junction with Haddington rd and will reach the canal(school house bar/hotel will be on ur right just before you reach the canal)cross over the bridge onto Mount st. and there is a Spar shop on the left,there is an Archway about a 100 yards after this(beside the traffic lights/pedestrian crossing) and scruffys is in there.They had a small sign out on the street before the Armenia game.

Edited by rossieman - 18 Oct 2011 at 2:33pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

When your're standing at  the Berkley go towards the junction of pembroke rd and northumberland rd .turn onto northumberland rd and continue on this rd for about ten mins you will go through the junction with Haddington rd and will reach the canal(school house bar/hotel will be on ur right just before you reach the canal)cross over the bridge onto Mount st. and there is a Spar shop on the left,there is an Archway about a 100 yards after this(beside the traffic lights/pedestrian crossing) and scruffys is in there.They had a small sign out on the street before the Armenia game.
better start learning the street names in dublin rossieman LOLdetermined to get to scruffys this time 
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:37pm
went the last 2 games and bit of craic, just have 3euro bottles, really warm yea, didnt get talking to anyone tho, staff are sound. should extend downstairs too tho
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:40pm
no need to change from Scruffys lads...
If they're charging top price, just say it to them...your all big enough now!

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:46pm

better start learning the street names in dublin rossieman LOLdetermined to get to scruffys this time 

I think I made it sound a bit harder find than it is!
come out the front of the Berkley and turn left ,turn right at the next junction and its straight all the way to the canal and then its right beside you.We will be knocking around the city center earlier on the day of the game if you need a guided tour.Smile
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:50pm

I think I made it sound a bit harder find than it is!
come out the front of the Berkley and turn left ,turn right at the next junction and its straight all the way to the canal and then its right beside you.We will be knocking around the city center earlier on the day of the game if you need a guided tour.Smile
what the price of the guided tour rossiman and are you any good at taking them LOL will give it another go at finding the place 
M.50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 3:59pm

Go to google.ie

the default will be web page - click on maps (next to web, images, maps, news etc at the top of the page)

type in d4 berkeley hotel dublin - zoom in to where it's located (Lansdowne Rd)

follow west from the hotel along Lansdowne Rod until you reach the junction of Northumberland Rd - go north on Northumberland Rd passing the junction of Haddington Rd along the way - soon after you will see SchoolHouse Hotel Ballsbridge (and a canal running along) - go over the canal and turn left onto Warrington Place - soon after a right into Warrington Lane - Scruffys is there - it's about a 7-8 minute walk

Now, return (on the map) to where the d4 berkeley is located - on the top left of the map you will see an orange little icon (shape of a person) - drag this onto Lansdowne Rd outside the Berkeley - make sure the green shaded area within the black lines is on the road - wait a moment and you will actually be outside the d4 berkeley. Use the directions above to make your way to Scruffys Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
  Share Topic