You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Estonia away - tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 143>
Poll Question: Will you book anyway, without guarantee of ticket?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
112 [85.50%]
19 [14.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:23pm
Ive been turned down for my last 4 away applications, including Paris 09.

Still went to all 4, got tickets for 3, only one I didnt was Andorra and thats cos I stayed in Barca for medical reasons. Even with a ticket, it would have been difficult for me to travel up to it. Dont fancy my chances for this one again, but getting used to it now. Flights booked so will be there in some shape, fashion or form..... CYBIG
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:24pm
fai facebook people told me to get whoever applied for my ticket to moscow to apply for me.. looks like it'll all be sound!
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Midlands Midlands wrote:

Ive been turned down for my last 4 away applications, including Paris 09.

Still went to all 4, got tickets for 3, only one I didnt was Andorra and thats cos I stayed in Barca for medical reasons. Even with a ticket, it would have been difficult for me to travel up to it. Dont fancy my chances for this one again, but getting used to it now. Flights booked so will be there in some shape, fashion or form..... CYBIG

Slovakia, Andorra, Paris and what was the 4th? Monetenegro?
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:39pm
Prague i reckon, the only time we lost iirc
I know nothing :-)
Midlands View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:41pm
Wasnt able to fly for medical reasons for last few months and missed most of this campaign.
Emirates (Singing Section) of all places. Thankfully ended up in the rafters there thanks to a ybigger.

I've always had a feeling the steaming email I sent in after I got the rejection email for the Paris tickets probably didnt help with any later applications, although I could very well be wrong. They did bump up my seats to decent ones over the singing section though for home playoff match after it. Havent managed to get a ticket off them since, despite applying months in advance.

Would love to see some sort of loyalty scheme in place, even though I didnt manage to make matches in recent times for reasons beyond my control, at least those who have would get proper recognition for it. But would be concerned for the likes of us and Id say theres plenty of others in similiar situations, who repeatedly get turned down for tickets, travel anyway and manage by hook or crook to get tickets.

I know in our eyes and Id guess in eyes of many others, we are no less dedicated fans than those who went to the same matches as us who got tickets direct from the FAI, but it seems in the eyes of the FAI we are not.

Guess Ill just have to wait and see if Im feeling lucky in the lottery..... but as I said, based on previous experience, I really dont fancy my chances, unless anyone who travelled to away matches this campaign has a couple of mates who cant go to this one and feels like adding me plus one to their application (as if they wouldnt travel....) guess Ill be back on the usual scout for tickets

Edited by Midlands - 14 Oct 2011 at 12:56pm
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:46pm
Noone was turned down for tickets to Slovakia, and if im correct the fai didnt handle the sale of the tickets for the emirates, not that it was a sell out
MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:49pm
I had two people in slovakia who were turned down and i met more people there who were too
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:51pm
whats the chances of the FAI giving abbey more tickets for a second charter? would be disappointed if they did

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by MintBerryCrunch MintBerryCrunch wrote:

I had two people in slovakia who were turned down and i met more people there who were too

Blonde moment., i was thinking of Bratislava and not Zilnia Angry, noone turned down for Bratislava but were for Prague originally for the double header.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 1:47pm
booked flights from stansted today (chester to london, london to riga, riga to tallinn). only had one day left off work so cant come home for the 2nd leg. hopefully will get a ticket when we get there either way it's gonna be epic.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Blonde moment., i was thinking of Bratislava and not Zilnia Angry, noone turned down for Bratislava but were for Prague originally for the double header.
LOL This campaign has been brutal for away tickets 
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 2:00pm

Yet nobody who travelled never failed to eventually get a ticket?
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Only a few with me in Slovakia didnt. I got sorted in Andorra. Estonia tbc LOL
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 2:53pm

An away scheme was posted  probably 2 feckin years ago but since we have the attention of a goldfish as soon as the game is over we  forget all the scrambling around, the worry, the fall outs, the wasted time and rush headlong until the next shiny thing.

Paris, zilina, Andorra ...........Tallin ?

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
KrisMorrisKross View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisMorrisKross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 3:46pm
I have booked without the Guarantee of a ticket and I will travel. There will be people there more deserving of a ticket than me and maybe some less deserving of a ticket. So be it. I'm a big boy so I'll take it on the chin either way. I'll apply as normal and try and talk to a few lads and see what turns up. I've been in home ends before and i'll do it again. Hopefully I'll be in the away end in Tallinn.
Back o' the Net !
damo21 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
What powers have MODS got?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 3:53pm
There are four us travelling and we have at least two tickets , we will have a draw between us and if

we pick up another 2 over there great , but ticket or no ticket this is what's it all about , bring it on.
he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas
Galvin 88 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galvin 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 6:27pm
ClapClap
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Zilina was the closest I ever got to travelling and not getting to see the game, the only thing that saved the 3 of us was the local steward who took pity on us standing on a skip peering over into the stadium and GIVING US 3 FREE TICKETS IN THE HOME END!!!!!! Clap
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 9:47pm
Do ye reckon there's more than 1400 travelling? WIll this be a case of having loads of Irish lads scattered all over the ground again?

Feckin really worried now... Zilina and Skopje tickets I get through a contact here... He has yet to let me down to be fair, I should be ok... I think Cry
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 143>
  Share Topic