You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Estonia away - tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143
Poll Question: Will you book anyway, without guarantee of ticket?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
112 [85.50%]
19 [14.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 5:53am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

tickets in bag only prob is bag didn't make transfer to Estonia. Supposed to be arriving here at hotel at 2, waiting nervously

Jaysis Citizen, tickets are always somethin,  id keep on my person! Hope you get them on time.
lesson well and truly learned MCg
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Sponsored Links

bann the tolls View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bann the tolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 6:31am
No tickets to be seen anywhere out here, its like chasing de end of a rainbow! Fingers crossed that everyone wil be sorted before the nite is done
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 9:03am

TRAVELLING Irish fans are being offered tickets for tonight's match against Estonia for up to 20 times their face value.

And one resident Irishman has received death threats -- and had to go on the local television news to explain himself -- after he was spotted buying 100 tickets last month.

Although the price on the tickets is just €16, newly-arrived fans trying to secure a seat were last night being quoted between €100 and €300.

The FAI received an allocation of just 1,400 tickets for the 10,000-capacity A Le Coq arena.

But members of the Green Army unwilling to shell out over-the-odds prices for the tickets are resigned to watching the game in the city's Freedom Square.

Threats

Dubliner Patrick Doherty (31), owner of the popular Molly Malone Irish pub in the city, said competition for tickets had reached fever pitch -- he even received death threats from angry Estonian supporters after scooping up 100 tickets for prizes in a Halloween promotion.

Eventually forced to hand them back to the Estonian Football Association (EFA) Mr Doherty said he had to go on the six o'clock news on national television to explain the situation.

The incident, three weeks ago, which bar staff later dubbed 'Mollygate', was sparked by fierce reaction on an online football forum after the bar owner was seen buying the tickets.

"I was sitting at home and looking on the internet which said any Irish fan in the Estonian (end) will be raped," he said.

"I told the (EFA) that they never said anything about segregation.

"I had earlier gone down and got 100 tickets to give them out to Irish fans at a Halloween party.

"But we were getting so many bad threats because I was seen buying the tickets. They said they were going to tear down the bar."

In a bid to stave off any potential trouble he agreed with the EFA to hand back 80 of the match tickets.

The 80 tickets were later reissued by the authorities to fans who have attended regular games. The other 20 were handed out by Mr Doherty through a Facebook raffle.

The A Le Coq Arena has a maximum capacity of just 10,300 -- one-fifth the size of Dublin's Aviva.

The FAI were allocated 1,400 tickets, and received 5,000 requests with the spoils eventually ending up in the hands of those with proven track records as travelling supporters.

Some fans arrived with tickets already secured for the Estonian end.

This is despite repeated warnings that check points will be established, with non-Estonian supporters being turned away from the Estonian sections of the ground -- no matter how much they had paid for tickets.

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 7:27am
BUMP

Just hope people dont forget in all the euphoria what preceeded 11/11/11  when a scheme is proposed (as opposed to the scheme)
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 6:47pm
Out of curiosity, how many on here bought tickets from touts? Two of us paid €150 for a pair, ended up right behind the Irish dugout. No difficulty with colours and there seemed to be plenty of Irish in the area.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 4:57am
We paid 100 a pop. Nearer the Irish end than SD84 and one level higher. No trouble getting in though it took about an hour. Plenty of Irish in the queue and always a roar when someone got to the stairs. Bit of grief from a couple of locals when tricolours were draped on the railings and throughout the game. All ended well.

Some of the blokes who also got tickets from our tout were refused entry. I guess they wore colours. We had our Eesti scarves on from No Name.

Enjoy the game in Dublin tonight.

BinM
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 5:00am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Out of curiosity, how many on here bought tickets from touts? Two of us paid €150 for a pair, ended up right behind the Irish dugout. No difficulty with colours and there seemed to be plenty of Irish in the area.

Met a few lads in Belgium on the way over who bought two tickets in the Irish section off some absolute scumbag from Derry for 80 Euro a pop. Angry

Given that this chap - or someone he knew well - must have been to a couple of away games at least in this capaign it's absolutely bang out of order to be doing that. Love it if the FAI found out his name and banned the c*nt from any future allocations. Thumbs Down
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 5:14am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Met a few lads in Belgium on the way over who bought two tickets in the Irish section off some absolute scumbag from Derry for 80 Euro a pop. Angry

Given that this chap - or someone he knew well - must have been to a couple of away games at least in this capaign it's absolutely bang out of order to be doing that. Love it if the FAI found out his name and banned the c*nt from any future allocations. Thumbs Down

Bad form.  Would love to catch the guy. 
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 5:15am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

BUMP

Just hope people dont forget in all the euphoria what preceeded 11/11/11  when a scheme is proposed (as opposed to the scheme)

newry you thought the andorra , zilina and estonia games were dog eat dog for tickets , wait until they start to allocate the tickets for euro 2012 LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 5:23am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

BUMP

newry you thought the andorra , zilina and estonia games were dog eat dog for tickets , wait until they start to allocate the tickets for euro 2012 LOL

should have 7000 per game, should be okay but still going to be chaos getting it organised
swimmityswim View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swimmityswim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 5:32am
luckily it didnt come to myself and my mate needing to pay a tout.

but a HUGE shoutout to the irish lads in the taxi at A Le Coq Arena that sorted us with a spare ticket for nothing!!! Contributed to a whole day that we could barely believe what happened!! fair play!

Edited by swimmityswim - 15 Nov 2011 at 5:32am
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 9:51am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

BUMP

should have 7000 per game, should be okay but still going to be chaos getting it organised

Except for those of us who have little or no history of getting away tickets from the FAI (been to every home game for about seven years and plenty before it (first game a friendly v Bolivia in '94), twice away this campaign and four more before, four season tickets). Boo.
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 9:57am
Can we get this thread to 100,000 views?
bann the tolls View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bann the tolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 10:13am
paid  €100 outside ground myself, tho few other irish supports seen me doing the deal and tried to out bid me! Angry
but they would only sell to me as i could hide my colors and i was sober were as they were bit worse for wear.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143
  Share Topic