You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Estonia away - tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 134135136137138 143>
Poll Question: Will you book anyway, without guarantee of ticket?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
112 [85.50%]
19 [14.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 2:53pm

An away scheme was posted  probably 2 feckin years ago but since we have the attention of a goldfish as soon as the game is over we  forget all the scrambling around, the worry, the fall outs, the wasted time and rush headlong until the next shiny thing.

Paris, zilina, Andorra ...........Tallin ?

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Originally posted by MintBerryCrunch MintBerryCrunch wrote:

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

I had two people in slovakia who were turned down and i met more people there who were too

Blonde moment., i was thinking of Bratislava and not Zilnia Angry, noone turned down for Bratislava but were for Prague originally for the double header.
LOL This campaign has been brutal for away tickets 

Yet nobody who travelled never failed to eventually get a ticket?
Only a few with me in Slovakia didnt. I got sorted in Andorra. Estonia tbc LOL
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 2:00pm

I had two people in slovakia who were turned down and i met more people there who were too

Blonde moment., i was thinking of Bratislava and not Zilnia Angry, noone turned down for Bratislava but were for Prague originally for the double header.

Yet nobody who travelled never failed to eventually get a ticket?
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 1:50pm

Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 1:47pm
booked flights from stansted today (chester to london, london to riga, riga to tallinn). only had one day left off work so cant come home for the 2nd leg. hopefully will get a ticket when we get there either way it's gonna be epic.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:53pm

I know nothing :-)
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:51pm
whats the chances of the FAI giving abbey more tickets for a second charter? would be disappointed if they did

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:49pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:46pm
Noone was turned down for tickets to Slovakia, and if im correct the fai didnt handle the sale of the tickets for the emirates, not that it was a sell out
Midlands View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:41pm
Wasnt able to fly for medical reasons for last few months and missed most of this campaign.
Emirates (Singing Section) of all places. Thankfully ended up in the rafters there thanks to a ybigger.

I've always had a feeling the steaming email I sent in after I got the rejection email for the Paris tickets probably didnt help with any later applications, although I could very well be wrong. They did bump up my seats to decent ones over the singing section though for home playoff match after it. Havent managed to get a ticket off them since, despite applying months in advance.

Would love to see some sort of loyalty scheme in place, even though I didnt manage to make matches in recent times for reasons beyond my control, at least those who have would get proper recognition for it. But would be concerned for the likes of us and Id say theres plenty of others in similiar situations, who repeatedly get turned down for tickets, travel anyway and manage by hook or crook to get tickets.

I know in our eyes and Id guess in eyes of many others, we are no less dedicated fans than those who went to the same matches as us who got tickets direct from the FAI, but it seems in the eyes of the FAI we are not.

Guess Ill just have to wait and see if Im feeling lucky in the lottery..... but as I said, based on previous experience, I really dont fancy my chances, unless anyone who travelled to away matches this campaign has a couple of mates who cant go to this one and feels like adding me plus one to their application (as if they wouldnt travel....) guess Ill be back on the usual scout for tickets

Edited by Midlands - 14 Oct 2011 at 12:56pm
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:39pm
Prague i reckon, the only time we lost iirc
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Midlands Midlands wrote:

Ive been turned down for my last 4 away applications, including Paris 09.

Still went to all 4, got tickets for 3, only one I didnt was Andorra and thats cos I stayed in Barca for medical reasons. Even with a ticket, it would have been difficult for me to travel up to it. Dont fancy my chances for this one again, but getting used to it now. Flights booked so will be there in some shape, fashion or form..... CYBIG

Slovakia, Andorra, Paris and what was the 4th? Monetenegro?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:24pm
fai facebook people told me to get whoever applied for my ticket to moscow to apply for me.. looks like it'll all be sound!
Midlands View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:23pm
Ive been turned down for my last 4 away applications, including Paris 09.

Still went to all 4, got tickets for 3, only one I didnt was Andorra and thats cos I stayed in Barca for medical reasons. Even with a ticket, it would have been difficult for me to travel up to it. Dont fancy my chances for this one again, but getting used to it now. Flights booked so will be there in some shape, fashion or form..... CYBIG
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by gary breen gary breen wrote:

Got tickets off fai for zilina nd macedonia nd got tickets in andorra out of the state of the art ticket office over there. But two separate lads applied for the 2 tics i got. My name be on nd info be on them doh i wonder would they email the 2 lads or will i geta email. Hmmmmmm fingers crossed
im in the exact same boat
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

I was in Yerevan, Skopje and applied for Zilina but none were under my name but Season Ticket holders and Block Bookers will be looked after first I would hope.

Another ticket fiasco would be awful PR for the FAI. Although well done to them in swinging 1400 tickets

Who did you get the tickets from?

Why did you not get them directly from the FAI, if you dont trust the source to supply you with them for this game?

What ticket fiasco, they got a lot more tickets than they were entitled to and they are contacting those who bought tickets for the previous away games.

If your source of tickets chooses to keep them for themselves that is hardly the FAI's fault.

Lads I travelled with applied for the tickets and we just paid him. These tickets came from the FAI allocation, it just wasn't me that applied for them personally.

I meant the fiasco of long standing away goers who were rejected for Andorra/Zilina not the coming fixture in Estonia. I applaud them for getting more than we were entitled to. 

Im not having a pop at the FAI here by any means, all I was saying is that i hope tickets are distributed properly. Thats all I was getting at

The FAI are blameless for the scarcity of tickets.

In fairness they made some kind of attempt to distribute tickets fairly for Andorra, I wouldnt agree with the way it was done but so be it.

Maybe the time has come to limit all to 1 ticket for away games and form a travel club like the English. Say €100 to join for each campaign and then you get a €10 discount off each away match ticket bought and a €10 FAI shop voucher, 1 per game, therefore those who go to all games get better value.

Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 11:49am

I was in Yerevan, Skopje and applied for Zilina but none were under my name but Season Ticket holders and Block Bookers will be looked after first I would hope.

Another ticket fiasco would be awful PR for the FAI. Although well done to them in swinging 1400 tickets

Who did you get the tickets from?

Why did you not get them directly from the FAI, if you dont trust the source to supply you with them for this game?

What ticket fiasco, they got a lot more tickets than they were entitled to and they are contacting those who bought tickets for the previous away games.

If your source of tickets chooses to keep them for themselves that is hardly the FAI's fault.

Lads I travelled with applied for the tickets and we just paid him. These tickets came from the FAI allocation, it just wasn't me that applied for them personally.

I meant the fiasco of long standing away goers who were rejected for Andorra/Zilina not the coming fixture in Estonia. I applaud them for getting more than we were entitled to. 

Im not having a pop at the FAI here by any means, all I was saying is that i hope tickets are distributed properly. Thats all I was getting at
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

ha ha, you should let him adopt you Kerzy you love him that much,

fair play to him , an extra 300 tickets is a good bit of negotiatingClap

On a seperate note, i think season ticket holders should be more entitled to a ticket than someone who went to one away game and has'nt got a season ticket. I think people who turn up for the unglamorous games where there were 12k, 15k at should be rewarded more.

As far as iam aware this is how United doled out some of their champions league final tickets, they rewarded those who attended the carlign cup games

Well, whether or not you think that, wasnt that the promise that ST holders got 1st preference on tickets.

I dont particularly agree because the FAI wont be able to know either way whether a fella that went on the p!ss in Barca for 4 days didnt buy a ticket through ticketmaster for every home game in the last 18 months.

Again it comes back to having a system in place for the distribution of aaway tickets that everyone is aware of and nobody then can have any complaints.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 134135136137138 143>
  Share Topic