You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should Robbie Keane start the play-off if fit?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Poll Question: Should Robbie Keane start the play-off if fit?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
74 [77.08%]
22 [22.92%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 6:13am
If Keane is fit I'd say it will be Long and Keane starting, as it seems Trap considers Long to be Doyles replacement and Cox to be Keane's. Keane not fit, it will be Long and Cox (finally Long Cox....the headlines write themselves...."Estonia buggered by Long Cox") That will still leave the option of Walters to come off the bench and potentially Best too. I fancy ANY of the above mentioned strikers to get goals

Edited by DangerHere - 18 Oct 2011 at 6:16am
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 6:05am
Originally posted by Il Trap Il Trap wrote:

According to quotes in today's Star, Keano says he'll be fit and rarin' to go for both legs of the playoff!! Clap

He said he was ok against Andorra and ended up making his injury worse. Muscle injuries you can't rush them. If he rushes back with no game time behind him then I wouldn't play him. He needs to be 100%. I think with our alternative options available in Walters, Long, Cox and even Best, it is too much of a risk to be playing someone 70-80% fit, even if it is our all time record goalscorer
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 5:53am

You'd still have to pick Keane because of his nack of scoring big goals for us when it matters. But if he's having a bad game i wouldn't be as reluctant to take him off as before. Long was immense on Sunday and has a genuine case to be starting. Cox and Walters have impressed too so it's time for Keane and Doyle to step up to the plate. Keane's in the twilight of his Ireland career but if he's not performing then there's no time for sentiment and he should be taken off - but still merits a start if fit.

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
GingerPele View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerPele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 5:42am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1394416/Robbie-Keane-half-century-leaves-sitting-pretty-British-Irish-goalscoring-charts.html

I think his contribution to all round play has been poor recently but his ability to get the goal in tight games should always see him picked. Thought I'd post this link, important to put his 51 international goals in context!
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 5:31am
Long was very impressive at the weekend alright- he never stops running- i would pick walters and long for the first game
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 5:31am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Robbie has to start absolute madness not to. We need his goals badly if he had been fit for Armenia would have definitely put away one of the chances that fell to our strikers on the night.Himself and Cox did well together in Skopje.

What makes you think he would have scored?he missed some great chances in the last few hes played in+looks sluggish+rusty
we also have strikers who are playing well+scoring goals at the moment
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
celts88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote celts88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 5:30am
 trap will start with robbie form is temporary class is permanent.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 5:23am

Robbie has to start absolute madness not to. We need his goals badly if he had been fit for Armenia would have definitely put away one of the chances that fell to our strikers on the night.Himself and Cox did well together in Skopje.

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 5:22am
Anyone see Long playing on Sunday? The hunger he shows for the ball is unreal, it's shocking he can't get a look in and is 4th choice striker now, super player and would be a shame if he doesn't get a chance if others aren't fit for playoffs, he is worthy of a place ahead of Cox and probably Walters, hope Keane is fit though we badly need him, only consistent goal getter in the squad.

Edited by Sono - 18 Oct 2011 at 5:23am
Humpy Gussy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 5:19am
According to quotes in today's Star, Keano says he'll be fit and rarin' to go for both legs of the playoff!! Clap
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 10:07am
Thank God for all Robbie has done for us.  A true giant for our little nation.  But it's time for new blood now- in the shape of Cox and Walters..  And who is this new guy??  I don't like him.  He worries me big time.  What's he done to the real Doyle?  He'd better cough him back up and p*ss off from the Ireland team.  

Edited by Trapcandoit - 12 Oct 2011 at 10:23am
5 goals to go Robbie!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 10:01am
Yes Thumbs Up
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
reblearmy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reblearmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 9:55am
long and walters should start there two quality premier league strikers
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 9:48am
Totaly agree, at least someone tells the truth.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 9:39am
Keane has been shocking bad if truth br told. Did abyone see the open goals he missed against slovakia and andorra?? Absolute joke. He seems to have gotten very indulgent and snatchy in front of goal. Shots are coming off his shin, headers are coming off his shoulder etc... If hes fit I would start him but only just. Hes on very thin ice as is Doyle who has been poor.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Chopper 76 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper 76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 9:17am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

I Say no
+1
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 8:50am
This should be deleted
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 8:48am
Yes Yes Yes
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic