You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

South American Football Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 43>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:50am
And the Argie FA have scrapped the relegation play off after the scenes at last years River game.

They will continue with Apuerta/Clausara, and the 3 year average relegation system for entertainment purposes.
Sponsored Links

parcero View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parcero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:20pm
Boca Juniors v Union Española in the Copa Libertadores nowClap
http://www.rojadirecta.me/goto/www.futrd.info/rd/19531.html
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:50pm
2 goals for Neymar today in the Paulista final, on top of his hat trick in the San-Sao semi final match. Just 50 goals to catch Messi with about 50 games to play.
Eddie Rincon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Rincon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 1:07am
Nacional still in (just) the libertadores  is good to see from a Colombian perspective... though winning at Velez might be a tall order but they are well suited to trying to sneak a goal on the counter if Velez press them. I see La U de Chile got a good trimming by Quito . Nacional beat them well in the group in Medellin . Hard to call a winner overall I think

Hopeful the team I married into, America de Cali, will be back in the big time soon. They are the best supported side in Colombia - crowds of 30/40k even though they are in 'la B'.

They have finally gotten off the Clinton list ( CIA list as an organisation financed by terrroism) so they have a great chance of getting the financial side of things sorted too. Hopefully get some new sponsors and a decent kit deal.

You seem to know your stuff Tribal. Originally from Galway myself. Are you a general follower of South American football or do you have a team you follow ?  

porque el Baron Rojo Sur dice...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Eddie Rincon Eddie Rincon wrote:

Are you a general follower of South American football or do you have a team you follow ?  

Just try and keep up as best I can with the top level of football especially Brazil.

Disappointed to see Atletico and Dorlan Pabon go out last night. Was always a tough task when they lost the first leg.

Surprised La U got trounced by Quito after they were so brilliant last season. The loss of Vargas must have taken a bit out of them.

All the other games are really in the balance. Hope Santos win tomorrow night, and they should.

parcero View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parcero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 12:51am
Pity to see Nacional get knocked out, have a soft spot for them since I used to live near their stadium in Medellin and went to see them every other week, they've some of the most passionate supporters I've ever come across. I was lucky to see Pabon score a few crackers there, rumours are he could be on his way to Udinese for 8m.
Some vintage Riquelme tonight for Boca in their return against Union Española, he´s set up 2 goals already..
you married a Caleña Eddie?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 9:14am
Corinthians lookig to sign Pato I read this morning..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 4:02am
Santos 8-0 Bolivar....

La U 6-0 Quito............

That's how you turn around first leg deficits.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 4:12am
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Santos 8-0 Bolivar....

Kerrybai View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerrybai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 4:58am

Santos 8-0 Bolivar....

Cant wait till this lad heads for Europe. Barca seem favourites to sign him.
"We came from the sea originally, now we're going back in it. Don't go in it, unless you're in a boat." - Karl Pilkington
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 1:12pm
He does the flick then loses the ball.

Big time Charlie. Flash Harry. Rainy Tuesday night in Stoke. Football cliche etc.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 7:20pm
Brazil Squad for their upcoming friendlies. Only Jefferson, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marcelo and Daniel Alves are over 23. Preparing for the Olympics.

Goalkeepers: Jefferson (Botafogo), Neto (Fiorentina), Rafael (Santos)

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Danilo, Alex Sandro (both Porto), Thiago Silva (AC Milan), David Luiz (Chelsea), Bruno Uvini (Tottenham Hotspur), Juan (Inter Milan)

Midfielders: Casemiro, Lucas (both Sao Paulo), Sandro (Tottenham Hotspur), Romulo (Vasco da Gama), Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos), Oscar (Internacional), Giuliano (Dnipropetrovsk)

Forwards: Alexandre Pato (AC Milan), Hulk (Porto), Leandro Damiao (Internacional), Neymar (Santos), Wellington Nem (Fluminense)
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

He does the flick then loses the ball.

Big time Charlie. Flash Harry. Rainy Tuesday night in Stoke. Football cliche etc.
But he's still the best player on the planet at the moment Clap
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 5:55pm
Two great clips Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 9:47pm
Another 2 for Neymar tonight in the Paulista final second leg. They win 6-2 on aggregate.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 10:05pm
Business end of the Libertadores tonight.

Last 8.

Tonight
23:30   Libertad -v- La U
01:50   Vasco -v- Corinthians

Tomorrow
23:45   Boca Juniors -v- Fluminense
02:00   Velez Sarsfield -v- Santos

Couldn't call a winner in any tie except maybe La U to go through only because I don't have a clue who Libertad are.

Riquelme -v- Deco should be interesting.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 11:33pm
Boca v Flu is on Premier Sports(free to air tonight apparently) in 15 minutes.

Followed by Velez -v- Santos on Setanta Ireland if anyone doesn't want to sleep.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 10:49pm
Looks like ESPN will have Brazilian football this season. First day of the championship was yesterday.

Jadson just scored a nice goal for Sao Paolo against Botafogo. It's delayed coverage. Worth a watch if the final scoreline is to go by.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 43>
  Share Topic