Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

South American Football Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 43>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 10:18pm
In serious trouble now.
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 10:21pm
It wouldn't be the worst decision in the world for Argentina to have a look at Sampaoli before Barcelona inevitably get in contact with him.

Bauza has been living on the edge for quite some time now, got away with it last game but I think this could be the end.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 10:27pm
Aside from Uruguay away, their remaining fixtures are very,very winnable. This result can won't be a total catastrophe
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Aside from Uruguay away, their remaining fixtures are very,very winnable. This result can won't be a total catastrophe
Especially with Colombia 2 up in Ecuador.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Especially with Colombia 2 up in Ecuador.

I think that's Ecaudor done for. 2 points behind 5th (If Chile win who are just about to kick off) and 2 of your 4 remaining games are vs Brazil and Argentina 

Edit: Ecuador still have to play Chile also. Makes it even harder.

Edited by coyne - 28 Mar 2017 at 11:25pm
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 11:12pm
Chile 2 up inside 10 minutes
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 11:37am

They have to go to Ecuador who play at altitude and have something to play for, wouldn't be easy.
Hi Lads
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 11:40am
I think 5th place in South America gets New Zealand in a playoff. There's no chance that Argentina won't qualify.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I think 5th place in South America gets New Zealand in a playoff. There's no chance that Argentina won't qualify.

Aye but they have to finish at least 5th for that to happen,
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

They will.

As You Were
Three in a row
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 12:27pm

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

They will.

If it goes down to the last game with a similar looking table to as is now i.e Ecuador two points behind them I'd Fancy Ecuador to beat them in Quito and go ahead of them
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 12:34pm
Argentina are more than capable of winning in Montevideo in their next match. They could go up to second if they win that. They've far too much quality to not qualify. I agree they're not in a great position at the moment but I'll be amazed if they don't get through

As You Were
Three in a row
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 12:41pm
The match in Quito is irrelevant as Ecuador still require Argentina to lose to Venezuela and Peru while Ecuador take 9/12 points from their final 4 matches which includes against Brazil, Chile and Argentina 
Argies are very much safe.

The more realistic scenario is Chile losing to Paraguay and then to Bolivia in La Paz then Ecuador also beating them, which would put them into the final matchday with Chile playing Brazil only requiring a better result in their game vs Argentina

Too long didn't read version - Ecuador are fooked so it looks like the current top 5 are going to Russia.

Edited by coyne - 29 Mar 2017 at 12:46pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 12:42pm

Argentina are more than capable of winning in Montevideo in their next match. They could go up to second if they win that. They've far too much quality to not qualify. I agree they're not in a great position at the moment but I'll be amazed if they don't get through
They have been very reliant on Messi though, I can still see them getting at least fifth but they are more than capable of making a bad situation worse.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 12:53pm
Argentina will get six points from the two games against Peru and Venezuela. They may well end up in fifth, in the playoff, but that shouldn't worry them seriously. It's quite difficult to see any scenario where they finish sixth.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Argentina will get six points from the two games against Peru and Venezuela. They may well end up in fifth, in the playoff, but that shouldn't worry them seriously. It's quite difficult to see any scenario where they finish sixth.
They should, but they should also have got six points from the games away to those two sides, instead they got two. I agree that they will probably end up in fifth but the football they are playing is appalling. If teams like Uruguay and Colombia can win in La Paz, albeit the latter needed  a very late winner, then so should a squad as strong as Argentina's. A team of their calibre should not be reliant on any one player, even if he is Lionel Messi.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:09pm
I said last night they should be looking at Sampaoli when the domestic season finishes as the next round of games aren't until August.
They're going nowhere under Bauza, crazy tactics and crazy team selections. He's just a very crazy guy.

Edited by coyne - 29 Mar 2017 at 1:09pm
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:14pm
Quite possibly one of the worst Argentina teams I'd ever seen last night. They couldn't string two passes together.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 43>
  Share Topic