You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

South American Football Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 43>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: South American Football Thread
    Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 8:14am
Qualification for Brazil 2014 got underway last night. 9 teams with 4.5 qualifying. No Brazil in the league gives a great chance to the likes of Peru to push on from their excellent Copa.

Sabella got off to a great start with a 4-1 home win over Chile. Captain Messi got on the score sheet as well as another hat trick for Gonzalo Higuain.

Peru 2-0 Paraguay
Ecuador 2-0 Venezuela
Uruguay 4-2 Bolivia (A brace for Lugano)

Neymar scored the only goal in a 1-0 friendly win against Costa Rica.

Gruelling 16 game qualifying campaign, very hard to call who'll go through besides Argies and Urugauy. I think Chile might struggle. Loads of points will be dropped away from home on poor pitches with hostile atmospheres up in the clouds.

Repeat of the Copa final on the 11th.
Sponsored Links

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 11:08am
Goals for 2 of my fav south americans I see - Lugano and Higuain Clap

You see any of the games/goals Tribal? Would be interesting to see how Sabella has changed the team/tactics and if he can get them playing as a team, if he does this I think they would have to be favourites for 2014
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 11:43am
Saw the Argentina game. They weren't overly convincing. Decent performance but nothing special, scoreline was a little flattering. I can still see them struggling to break down teams that sit back against them.

One massive positive was the relationship between the 2 Real lads and Messi in attack. Also a lad called Brana(Estudientes) who is apparently a favourite of Sabella played pretty well in the holding midfield role.

Still difficult to see where they are going and what way they'll play. No Aguero, Lavezzi, Pastore, Masch in that team last night.

Good result to start but Batista won his first game in charge 4-1 against Spain and that didn't end well.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 12:28pm
Bebeto's son Matheus trained with the Flamengo seniors this weekend.
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 4:46pm
peru are looking very good. would love if they qualified, have so many talented players like pizarro, guerrero, farfan and vargas that never played at a world cup. don't know if pizarro will still be there by the end of the qualifiers though unfortunately Cry

Edited by The Drifter - 08 Oct 2011 at 4:48pm
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 6:46pm
7,000 police at the Peru-Paraguay match because of the murder during the Universitario-Alianza Lima game last week.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 5:02pm
Fla-Flu derby ended 3-2 to Flamengo tonight.
Gives them a chance of the title still, looks like it has fallen away from Fluminese though.

Vasco de Gama who are top for the next 45 minutes lost 3-0.

Corinthians will be a point ahead when their game finishes. 3-0 up at HT.

Santos way down in mid table because they already have a place in next seasons Copa Libertadores as reigning champions.

Boca on course for the Apuerta title.
River Plate second in the 'B'.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 1:00pm
Argentina lost 1-0 to Venezuela last night. I knew there was a reason not to be convinced by Sabella's first game.

Chile won 4-2 against Peru the usual all attack no defence by the looks of it.

Forlan scored a last minute equaliser in the Copa final repeat.

Falcao came off the bench to score the winner for Colombia in Bolivia.

Ronaldinho scored a beauty in Brazil's 2-1 win against Mexico. Dani Alves got sent off in the first half. Marcelo's goal was a peach as well.
susanabaynes View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanabaynes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 1:56am
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Argentina lost 1-0 to Venezuela last night. I knew there was a reason not to be convinced by Sabella's first game.

And what is the reason not to be convinced?.. Smile.. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 5:11pm
Brazil 2014 group games will be played at kick off times of 5pm, 8pm, 11pm and 2am. British Summer Time.

Latest knock out game kick off will be 9pm.

Final will be 8pm.

I went through my 2am training during last summers Copa.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Brazil 2014 group games will be played at kick off times of 5pm, 8pm, 11pm and 2am. British Summer Time.

Latest knock out game kick off will be 9pm.

Final will be 8pm.

I went through my 2am training during last summers Copa.

had a year of 2-4am kick offs last year... messes ya up badly

Edited by nvidic - 21 Oct 2011 at 5:45pm
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanabaynes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2011 at 2:59am
I didn't go in any kick off yet.. hopefully this time I can..

Edited by susanabaynes - 22 Oct 2011 at 3:00am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 9:47am

Kaka back in the Brazil squad for the first time since WC 2010. Beautiful footballer..

Neto (Fiorentina), Diego Alves (Valencia); Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Fabio (Manchester United), Adriano (Barcelona), Alex Sandro (Porto), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Thiago Silva (AC Milan), David Luiz (Chelsea), Luisao (Benfica); Lucas Leiva (Liverpool), Elias (Sporting Lisbon), Sandro (Tottenham), Luiz Gustavo (Bayern Munich), Hernanes (Lazio), Bruno Cesar (Benfica), Fernandinho (Shakhtar Donetsk), Kaka (Real Madrid), Dudu (Dynamo Kiev), William (Shakhtar Donetsk); Kleber (Porto), Jonas (Valencia), Hulk (Porto).

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 11:13am
Kaka never really seemed to reach the levels he got to with Milan since he moved to Madrid
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 11:42am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Kaka never really seemed to reach the levels he got to with Milan since he moved to Madrid

Yea, he's been a disappointment mainly due to some horrific injuries.

Playing his best football since he joined Madrid at the moment though. Hope he can remain fit now.
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanabaynes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 1:48am
kaka is rank 4 in the soccernet for the 2010 world cup.. he must really be a godd palyer to earn this reputation..Smile
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 6:12pm
Neymar still having a say in the title race. Scored in Santos' win against Vasco who were top. That's his 7th goal in 4 games.

5 games to play and the table looks like this.

Corinthians   58
Vasco de Gama 58
Fluminese     56
Botafogo      55
Flamengo      55

Games between the above 5 before the last day are...
Vasco v Botafogo
Flu v Vasco

Then on the last day

Corinthians v Palmeiras(Derby Paulista)
Botafogo v Fluminese(a Rio derby)
Vasco de Gama v Flamnego(another Rio derby)

Has the potential to be the greatest end to any season ever.

Santos v Sao Paulo just another little extra on the last day.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 4:49pm
Neymar signs contract until 2014. Hopefully he stays another couple of years at least. I think it would help him going over to Europe when he's slightly more mature. Someone will have to throw Santos a fook load of money to get him this summer.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 43>
  Share Topic