Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andorra match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andorra match thread
    Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 11:23am
Keith Fahey could be set for a start ahead of Whelan. Trap used him in the training game today
Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 11:24am
That's encouraging.  We need someone to show for passes, get on the ball and pass the round thing forward and with a bit of penetration.  Hopefully Fats gets the nod.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 11:27am
I would imagine that Whelan will still start against Armenia. Think it would be brilliant if Fahey got the nod. extra bit of creativity in the middle
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 11:27am
would have thought if Fahey was starting it would be alongside Whelan not instead of him.
What was the last competitive game whelan hasn't played in?
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 11:28am
would love to keith start in this game here's hoping
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 11:30am
keith Thumbs Up
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 11:48am
This is good news. But as The Saint said I thought Fahey would play with Whelan and Andrews be dropped. Anyway, would like him to start and get the ball down and play some football.
Ahh heya!
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 12:07pm
Whelan is carrying a booking, can't run the risk of a pointless yellow, even for kicking the ball away or mouthing off to the ref, and missing Armenia.
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 12:12pm
Jaysus would be very encouraged by that, Would be a message of intent from trappa that we are going to attack these lot on friday.
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 12:30pm
hope fats comes on does well and then starts with whelan on tuesday 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Whelan is carrying a booking, can't run the risk of a pointless yellow, even for kicking the ball away or mouthing off to the ref, and missing Armenia.

you sure ? i thought only Andrews and Doyle are on yellows
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 1:48pm
Trap did the same thing against them when gibson started in the home game against them
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

Trap did the same thing against them when gibson started in the home game against them

No Andrews was injured and Whelan and Green started the 1st 2 qualifiers together and did so the following month til Green got injured in Zilina.

Gibson started against Macedonia at home iirc.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 2:36pm
I'm not a fan of Fahey to be honest - I thought he has a really poor game against Uruaguay.
However is creativity and his ability to pick out a pass is a lot better than Whelan and Andrews.

Andrew's passing is not acceptable at school boy level never mind internation level.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Bray Wanderer View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bray Wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 3:08pm
It should not really matter when we are playing Andorra but they have 4 regulars missing against us.  Vales Midfield through suspension (appeared in 6 out of 8 qualifiers so far in the group), Jimenez Midfield 6 games, Andorra Striker (the Stephen IRELAND of Andorran football?) 3 games and Rubio Defender 6 Games. 
B. Wanderer
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Bray Wanderer Bray Wanderer wrote:

It should not really matter when we are playing Andorra but they have 4 regulars missing against us.  Vales Midfield through suspension (appeared in 6 out of 8 qualifiers so far in the group), Jimenez Midfield 6 games, Andorra Striker (the Stephen IRELAND of Andorran football?) 3 games and Rubio Defender 6 Games. 
so your saying we have a chanceClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Bray Wanderer View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bray Wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 4:15pm
Yep, I would go as far as saying we have a chance....
B. Wanderer
darragh1888 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darragh1888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 5:15pm
what was the rest of the 1st team in training today? will it be Long or Doyle up top? I'd prefer Long to be honest 
"26 + 6 = 1, No Surrender"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic