Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Toon Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 267>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:02am

Pretty decent overview of MBS here
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:24am
Is there a realistic chance this will happen?

I hope it does just to increase the competition at the top.
Hopefully Wolves push on and challenge for CL spots too.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:26am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Pretty decent overview of MBS here
It could be done in five letters.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Is there a realistic chance this will happen?

I hope it does just to increase the competition at the top.
Hopefully Wolves push on and challenge for CL spots too.

I think from what I've read and what is highlighted in the video, there is no area of the Premier League Checks that PIF actually 100% fails or they have 100% proof of any wrongdoings.

As it mentions they had to change the rules after Southampton and they'll most likely do the same with this one.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 10:57am
Talk that the WTO pretty much condemns Saudis for piracy, based on it I'd imagine takeover won't be happening by Saudis, supposedly some American lad waiting in the wings
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 11:16am
Pretty sad that it’s piracy that will stop this. One of the most horrendous regimes in the world but that’s fine.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 11:24am
If the takeover doesn't happen I would imagine a lot of Newcastle fans will be fearful for the clubs future as a Premier League club over the next few years.

Given the financial implications of CV-19, no doubt Mike Ashley will look to tighten the purse strings even further going into the new season if no buyer can be found.

Steve Bruce to his credit has done a very good job, with what can only described as a very limited squad! 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Pretty sad that it’s piracy that will stop this. One of the most horrendous regimes in the world but that’s fine.

Yep that's what I've said all along. 

Stoning gays and women no issues 

Illegally streaming football can't be having that 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

If the takeover doesn't happen I would imagine a lot of Newcastle fans will be fearful for the clubs future as a Premier League club over the next few years.

Given the financial implications of CV-19, no doubt Mike Ashley will look to tighten the purse strings even further going into the new season if no buyer can be found.

Steve Bruce to his credit has done a very good job, with what can only described as a very limited squad! 

I'll agree Bruce has done a good job.

In terms of the squad I don't think Newcastle have the worst in the premier league.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 12:50pm

In terms of the squad I don't think Newcastle have the worst in the premier league.

They really do.

They’re pretty much bottom on every statistic - Least average possession, most shots conceded etc. But at the same time they find themselves top on the points won from losing positions and goals from defenders which has single handedly saved them.

It’s miraculous where they are given the statistics above.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

They really do.

They’re pretty much bottom on every statistic - Least average possession, most shots conceded etc. But at the same time they find themselves top on the points won from losing positions and goals from defenders which has single handedly saved them.

It’s miraculous where they are given the statistics above.

Stats don't win you points though, I get the idea alright but we're still winning games and are mid table. 

Yes the team can be strengthed but so could majority of squads in pl.

I'm certainly not anymore worried about relegation then most years 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:03pm
You’re right only the fulltime score matters the most. But on paper it’s a horrible team.

You got a 40 million pound striker who’s useless.
And you got a bunch of defenders who can’t defend... But they can score better than your 40 million pound striker LOL

To summarise it up you aint expecting pretty football from a horrible squad but they don’t give up.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:18pm

You’re right only the fulltime score matters the most. But on paper it’s a horrible team.

And you got a bunch of defenders who can’t defend... But they can score better than your 40 million pound striker LOL

To summarise it up you aint expecting pretty football from a horrible squad but they don’t give up.

I still think Joelinton will come good. I disagree with defenders who can't defend though. Yes they are limited but to say they can't defend is a little ott. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:27pm

I still think Joelinton will come good. I disagree with defenders who can't defend though. Yes they are limited but to say they can't defend is a little ott. 

As do I, 

I was shot down on here for saying as much too mind. Granted he's not prolific but he hasn't ever been throughout his career so no idea what people were expecting (obviously he should have a better goal return at the same time)

Playing up front on your own in an ultra defensive team is absolute hardship, Newcastle will need to become a lot more expansive and get more support upto him going forward to get the best out of him.

The key thing about being a defender in that Newcastle line up is that there are more bodies back to expose any weaknesses, Bruce was very clever in that regard. I'd agree, they're not brutal defensively at all and in fairness they all put a shift in.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:32pm
I noticed Almiron became a scapegoat before the season was halted.

Bit harsh when you're upfront all alone with a useless dosser, sure he came with a hefty price tag but he's a playmaker not a centre forward.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:32pm

As do I, 

I was shot down on here for saying as much too mind. Granted he's not prolific but he hasn't ever been throughout his career so no idea what people were expecting (obviously he should have a better goal return at the same time)

Playing up front on your own in an ultra defensive team is absolute hardship, Newcastle will need to become a lot more expansive and get more support upto him going forward to get the best out of him.

The key thing about being a defender in that Newcastle line up is that there are more bodies back to expose any weaknesses, Bruce was very clever in that regard. I'd agree, they're not brutal defensively at all and in fairness they all put a shift in.

The world has gone mad Green Devil is agreeing with me LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:41pm
I hadn't been online in a few months, maybe I have mellowed out!!! LOL

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 10:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 267>
  Share Topic