Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who should be the next Ireland manager?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Iced Gem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who should be the next Ireland manager?
    Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 6:29am

Before i begin, just to clarify that Giovanni Trapattoni has not been fired or resigned from his managerial post of our national team (just in case anyones thinking they have missed a major announcement LOL )

There has been a lot of talk during Traps reign as Ireland manager, with criticisms coming for a lot of his managerial styles and tactics. Namely that his style is far too conservative for our palyers, and also that his team selections have shown signs of inexperience of what we have at our disposal. This thread really is an extension of another topic currently ongoing (http://www.ybig.ie/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24312&title=giovanni-trapattoni) which is solely regarding Trapattoni and his tenure as manager.
We all have our opinions and criticisms, with some based on what we have seen on the pitch and some based on the results we have been getting and the stats we have accumilated. Quite a few people feel that Trapattonis time has come to an end and that these next 2 weeks should (or will!) determine wether or not the FAI will offer him a new contract for the 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign.

Also taking into account the mans age, and health status, i just would like to progress all the criticisms/praise for Trapittoni on here to who you guys feel should be the next Ireland manager (if any) and why??? Smile

I personally, despite my criticisms i share with some of you of how Trap has ran the tean, feel that we could get no better manager than what we have, taking into account current managers that are out there amd are available. But maybe i dont know as much about managers as you guys, maybe there is someone out there who could, and would, be better for us than Trap.
Tea???? FECK!!!!!
Sponsored Links

DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 6:42am
If you look through the pages there is already a thread about this with a poll setup
Peter View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Iced Gem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 6:50am
I searched the last 5 pages and also did a search which revealed nothing (turns out the topic was on page 6)

Apologies. Merge away
Tea???? FECK!!!!!
itoldyetraphasnaclue View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itoldyetraphasnaclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 8:12am
o neil,keane,hughton,at least they would give the good young irish lads a chance go to games every week and pick a team and squad on current form
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 8:18am
Martin O Neill never gave a chance to youth at villa
Chris hughton - far too early
Keane - I presume ye mean robbie

This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 8:22am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Martin O Neill never gave a chance to youth at villa
Chris hughton - far too early
Keane - I presume ye mean robbie

no no.....believe it or not he ACTUALLY means Roy LOLLOLClown
GaryDonkerty View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryDonkerty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 8:50am

Don Givens.
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 9:19am
when you actually give this any thought there are very few candidates, realistic candidates available.

O Neill - would cost too much
Hughton - hugely overhyped. any fool would have got that newcastle side up. At the moment Pardew is doing better with arguably a weaker team at the same stage last season
Keane - wouldnt want him and he wouldnt take it while delaney is around
Mick - Probably the favourite but why would he leave wolves. he is building a solid team there and I dont think he has got to a stage where he cant take them any further

Cant think of too many more off the top of my head. Nigel Adkins is a very good manager but again probably would not leave southampton

Maybe alan curbishley but he has been good in the past there is surely a reason he is still out of work

Not much to choose from.

karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Peter View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Iced Gem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 9:25am

Someone correct me if im wrong here, but is it true that from our past 4 managers, Brian Kerr actually had the highest success rate or something? I remember Sky Sports did a show when Trapattoni was appointed and i cous have sworn this was the case (may be wrong though)

Tea???? FECK!!!!!
itoldyetraphasnaclue View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itoldyetraphasnaclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 9:27am
well i love nil nil draws trap hasnt got the highest succes rate thats for sure
thenewguy View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenewguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 9:27am
Coming out after the slovakia game i really thought traps time was up, but the more ive thought about it i think it would be for the best to extend his contract. bring in a new man, whoever it is, and we probably will try to play more attractive football, but we'll also get hammered now and again, which doesn't happen with trap. This and as people have already said, the managers who would be available and willing to take the job make me think keeping him on for a further two years is for the best
BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 11:02am
Brian McDermott - met him after an Ireland match this campaign in Paddy Cullens with Pat Dolan (who bought us drinks and was bang on!).  He loves the boys in green and has a decent record at Reading.  Told us Shane Long lived with him when he first moved over and he loves him like a son!
Team Emmet
Peter View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Iced Gem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 11:33am
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

Would he cost more than what Trap charges??
Tea???? FECK!!!!!
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 11:49am

Unless we got to he euros, not matter how valiant a defeat (sotry of our lives) trap has to go, the thoughts of another campaign enduring the same mistakes and turgid football are not worth thinking about. The crowds will continue to dwindle and dwindle. If we were winning keys games the middle of the raod fan might tolerate it, but we are not, we have had 5 shots on goal over the last 3 games, say what you want but that says it all about trapattoni, even against croatia at home in a friendly we wouldnt have a go. I also believe that his system has made huge fall-guys out of whelan and andrews, who seem to be taking the blame for the teams shortcomings by a lot of people on here.

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 11:51am
MERGE !!!
Weser777 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weser777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 11:54am
jayziz, how many thrreads have we got on this topic already?
"I'm not the best manager in the world, but I'm definitely in the top one!" - Brian Clough
Eamonn68 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Peter Peter wrote:

Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

Would he cost more than what Trap charges??

I doubt it maybe confusing ammounts spent in transfer market as oppose to wages

He would instill great belief in the players

I would love him to take the job
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 1:13pm
Everytime this comes up someone says Mick is the favourite based on nothing... the lad is and has been for the last year 25/1 in the bookie to get the job, if there was any sort of truth in it the lads in the know would have piled on long ago
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
  Share Topic