Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dundalk FC for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dundalk FC for sale
    Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 1:02pm
http://www.dundalkfc.com/matthews-to-make-decision-at-fans-meeting-23-september

Dundalk FC CEO Gerry Matthews will hold an important supporters’ meeting following the Saint Patrick’s Athletic match at Oriel Park on Friday week, 23 September, when he is set to make a decision on which proposal he will accept to take over the running of the club.

Matthews has revealed that two offers are on the table to take over the club, and while admitting that he is likely to accept one, he has yet to make a decision. The potential takeovers are from Ciarán Bond, backed by investors, and the DFC Trust, who would look to make it a supporters-run club.

Matthews has stated that there are two options available, with one possibility that he remains in charge of the club, or to go with one of the proposals. He has admitted that it would be his desire to remain in charge of the Youth Development Centre but that he is looking for a clean break from the football club and would vacate his position on the Board of Directors.

Matthews will discuss the matter with supporters following next week’s game against St. Pat’s, with the meeting to begin shortly after the match in the Youth Development Centre, between 9.45pm and 10pm. There, Matthews will tell supporters the financial situation at the club and explain the proposals that are on the table, before announcing his decision

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 1:19pm
the club owes a lot to Gerry for all hes done, the club and facilities have improved an awful lot in his 5 years here, he saved the club from going under

i really dont think its realistic for the trust to take over the club without big investment behind them, we simply dont have the numbers willing back it. however if a deal could be done with say the trust owning maybe 25% of the club i think it could work. this way the fans/members would always have a say in how the club is run and not be kept in the dark over whats going on behind the scenes. with the trust more involved in the club i think the membership would increase

i hope this can be sorted quickly and doesnt drag on, we need to be able to set a budget for next season and start getting players signed up for next season which could be difficult going on in the background

the issue with the youth development center is going to be intresting

superdfc View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superdfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 1:19pm
400 club will never work so skinny bonds the only person i see to buy the club
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 1:25pm
I'll give yiz a fiver Thumbs Up
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
superdfc View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superdfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

I'll give yiz a fiver Thumbs Up
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by superdfc superdfc wrote:

Why not?
The 400 club (nearly 500 members at this stage) has been the lifeblood of Sligo Rovers for years now. We'd be gone long ago only for it.

superdfc View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superdfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 2:39pm
There is just over 100 people in the patron scheme at under 20 quid a month ..they want 400 people to pay 50 a month just cant see it happening 
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 4:03pm
50 quid is a bit steep. Ours is €20 a month too and is well supported.

That said, success costs money. If Dundalk fans were pushing for the league reguarly, ye would find people paying the 50 quid gladly. No harm in thinking big.

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 4:24pm

There is just over 100 people in the patron scheme at under 20 quid a month ..they want 400 people to pay 50 a month just cant see it happening 

1. the patron scheme is not under 20 a month

2. the trust havent made a statement yet so they have not said anything about 400 people or 50 quid a month

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Why not?
The 400 club (nearly 500 members at this stage) has been the lifeblood of Sligo Rovers for years now. We'd be gone long ago only for it.

because we are all talk and no action

OldBawnHoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldBawnHoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 4:35pm
Use should have put all your money together and bought a sh*te load of euromillions tickets tonight
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 1:32am
I hope things work out for you Thumbs Up yer €20 sounds better .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 5:43pm
Id hate for the scum to go out of business but i do hope the go bust and end up in divison 1 again , they should be relegated any how for the state of their away section

anyway i hope the dirty scummy ****s pull through in the end
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 5:44pm
we're not going out of business, the owners decided its time for him to move on

TangyZizzle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangyZizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 5:47pm
So who's in charge now? The fans or the other fella?
God save Ireland! said the heroes, God save Ireland said they all.Whether on the scaffold high or the battlefield we die,Oh what matter when for Erin dear we fall!

Dalyer - so good they sold it twice
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 5:49pm
the same fella that was always in charge

TangyZizzle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangyZizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 5:53pm
Oh I thought it was going to be between those two.
God save Ireland! said the heroes, God save Ireland said they all.Whether on the scaffold high or the battlefield we die,Oh what matter when for Erin dear we fall!

Dalyer - so good they sold it twice
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 5:07am
Qman i heard your interested in investing??? is this true?Tongue
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic