You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 307308309310311 329>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Booked myself flights over to Miami for the SuperBowl, €330 return Fri-Mon. Not expecting to get a whiff of a ticket, but looking forward to seeing a bit of Miami and some of the SuperBowl parties.

Obviously massive longshot but if anyone has any contacts for a ticket I'd be forever indebted. 

Anyone ever been to Miami? Any tips?

The tickets face value start about about 3k, that's without touts getting their profit if you're willing to spend 4k+ you'll get one no problem, NFL do tickets for 4.5k with a 'fan experience' and a free bar.

Edited by nvidic - 06 Jan 2020 at 6:26pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 6:30pm
Face value at 3K?! 

Focking hell. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Face value at 3K?! 

Focking hell. 

Yeah, remember doing the paper ballot before and started at 2.3k I think, that was a few years ago now

Opening price during the week was 5k on tout sites, that'll go up or down based on who is in it but fact Pats are gone means more likely to go up
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 8:55pm
what would a ticket cost for a regular NFL game. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 7:29am
Anything from 15 and up depending on the game, 80+ more realistic, best seats would go for a couple hundred but think upper tier has a better view and usually 100 or so
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 9:00am
Wow some price at FV significantly more than big UEFA games such as the Champions League final.

Not really a fan and only watch on TV from December on.  I did go to see 2 regular games in the late 90's (@Carolina & @Oakland) and tried without success to see the 49ers.  

The night before we played Portugal in 2014 I paid  Stubhub ~$500 to see game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final.  This was within an hour of the start sitting in their office near MSG.  Loads of "fans" arrived in their Rangers gear checking to see if their tickets had sold for their crazy asking price and if not decided to go to the game.  It was a real eye-opener.  Prices dropped as we got close to the start.  

My favourite American sport is baseball.  I've been to loads of games and you can normally get tickets for as cheap as $10.  The good seats can be a few hundred.  Price difference is amazing.  However Americans are much more focussed on good seats than Europeans.  I just buy the cheapest ticket.    

Fans of the competing countries will pay €95 each for the Euro2020 final at Wembley.  I know people who got them for Germany and the Dutch (conditional obviously).  Although Cat 1 is €945 whch I think is insane.  

Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 11:50am
Titans Shocked
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 3:34pm
Yeah didn't see that coming. I'm going to continue to underrate them and say they will lose to Chiefs next week.

Chiefs V Seattle/SF/GB superbowl would be lovely 
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 9:21pm
absolutely crazy first half in arrohwead Shocked
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by willGUFC willGUFC wrote:

absolutely crazy first half in arrohwead Shocked

Unbelievable game, playoff football at its best 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 9:42pm
Chiefs take the lead. Unbelievable 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 9:52pm
That fake field goal attempt, given the circumstances, was pure crazy. Unreal first half alright but can see Chiefs pulling well clear in second half.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 10:12pm
Mental gmae, hope they don't run away with it now
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 8:55am
SuperBowl tickets at €3184 on viagogo now, doubt they'll get any cheaper

Cheaper being used in the relative sense 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 4:37pm
Just finished the Aaron Hernandez series on Netflix, Killer Inside. Good show for any NFL fans
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 9:05am
Poor enough weekend of football, usually one of the best weekends of the year, 2 fairly substantial wins. Would much prefer Baltimore V Kansas and Seattle V SF.

Compared to last season when Pats beat KC in a shootout in OT, and the Saints were beaten by the dodgy pass interference call, big letdown.

Glad the right teams won anyway, will be a good SuperBowl matchup.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Poor enough weekend of football, usually one of the best weekends of the year, 2 fairly substantial wins. Would much prefer Baltimore V Kansas and Seattle V SF.

Compared to last season when Pats beat KC in a shootout in OT, and the Saints were beaten by the dodgy pass interference call, big letdown.

Glad the right teams won anyway, will be a good SuperBowl matchup.

Yup - definitely the two best teams going at the moment. 49ers probably the better all round team but Mahomes almost certainly the best player in the league. Also him vs that 49ers defence will be very interesting viewing.

Should be a class Super Bowl.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 9:20am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

SuperBowl tickets at €3184 on viagogo now, doubt they'll get any cheaper

Cheaper being used in the relative sense 

4.5k now that the teams have been confirmed 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 307308309310311 329>
  Share Topic