You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 317318319320321 329>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Tampa Bay were very good but the Chiefs didn't show up. One of the less enjoyable Super Bowls of recent times.
Yeah I agree
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 7:40pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Tampa Bay were very good but the Chiefs didn't show up. One of the less enjoyable Super Bowls of recent times.

I'd argue that was down to how good the Tampa D executed their game plan. A masterclass from Todd Bowles. 

There was definitely an element of that alright, but Chiefs were also missing a couple of key lads on their o-line and the replacements got totally overwhelmed. Add in the litany of penalties they gave away and Mahomes not being at full fitness (think he is scheduled to get surgery on his foot) and like I say you get a pretty grim spectacle.
The o-line lads were nowhere enar the standard alright.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:20pm
Drew brees confirmed his retirement today great servant to the saints franchise for the last 15 years 👏 will be interesting to see now who Sean payton decides is going to be his starting quarterback going forwards 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:41pm
Myself and three cousins booked to head to LA for five nights around the Super Bowl, €700 for the accommodation and direct flights. 

Let's hope the Bills are in it now and I'll head go the match, will head to a pub or fanzone if not 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Myself and three cousins booked to head to LA for five nights around the Super Bowl, €700 for the accommodation and direct flights. 

Let's hope the Bills are in it now and I'll head go the match, will head to a pub or fanzone if not 

Keen i must say , but good luck all the same . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Youngest cousin is turning 21, always said we'd head somewhere for it, LA has won out, four days doing touristy stuff and one day for the nfl! 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:23pm

Went to Miami last year for the SuperBowl. Great trips 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Deadly,I'd heard mad things about bars and clubs charging huge amounts for that one, was that the case? 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 8:39am

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Deadly,I'd heard mad things about bars and clubs charging huge amounts for that one, was that the case? 
Only did a club one night, $200 entry but that included food/drink for the night too. Flo Rida and 50 cent played a half hour set each. When ya add that in it's not too bad.

All the TV stations and sponsors have free events too, they want a live audience for their preview shows, there's free food and drink at those for the afternoon (bit more restrained obviously). We met loads of players at those, Peyton Manning, Dak, Larry Fitz, Derrick Henry etc. Well worth your time doing some research closer to the time to see where they're happening.

Some places were nuts for prices alright. On South Beach, to watch the game, if you wanted a table it was $600 per person. Other regular bars was just $20 cover.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:12am
Cheers, will keep an eye out for what's in and what we can get into and who we can meet. $200 ain't bad alright with that thrown in, I'd say they're be plenty of options in LA for it as well. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:22am

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Youngest cousin is turning 21, always said we'd head somewhere for it, LA has won out, four days doing touristy stuff and one day for the nfl! 
1 would probably be enough!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 11:08am
1 day touristy, four days drinking so Big smile

Hoping we'll get a nba or nhl game too but I'd say everyone in town for the game will have the same idea. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 11:25am

Hoping we'll get a nba or nhl game too but I'd say everyone in town for the game will have the same idea. 
You can probably extend the touristy stuff to two days if you maybe do Hollywood and Beverly Hills one day and then hit the beaches the next day or visit Universal Studios. I randomly ended up in the audience for the Late Late Show when I was there (Pre-James Corden) as they were giving out the tickets on Hollywood Boulevard!
Bound to be plenty of drinking events around the game though!!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

You can probably extend the touristy stuff to two days if you maybe do Hollywood and Beverly Hills one day and then hit the beaches the next day or visit Universal Studios. I randomly ended up in the audience for the Late Late Show when I was there (Pre-James Corden) as they were giving out the tickets on Hollywood Boulevard!
Bound to be plenty of drinking events around the game though!!

I'd say that'll be the plan, one day in Hollywood and Beverly Hills and then hit the beach the day after, bring us nicely to the weekend and the game. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:36am
Booked to go see Bills play in New Orleans on thanksgiving, hopefully I'm let into the country now! 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:13am
Happy enough with the Broncos schedule.
Will wait until later in the summer before trying to see if I can book for a game.
Disappointed the Jags home game in London isn't the Broncos. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 3:19am
Not ideal timing for a weather delay 🤦‍♂️

Sunday and Monday night football is awful for fans over this side of the world 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 11:42am
Up til after 5.30 in the end, well worth it 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 317318319320321 329>
  Share Topic