You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 329>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

It's a risk / reward thing. Foles is out of contract at the end of next season, afaik. Hold on to him and you get nothing; trade him away and you get draft picks next season.

I'd trade him.

It might depend on the QB market as well - Talk of the Redskins using the franchise tag to try and then Cousins so that could impact the market. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 2:13pm
That's very risky by the Redskins. There might be a market for Cousins, but maybe not at franchise QB money.

Then again, with the Broncos, Browns, Jets, Cardinals and maybe even the Dolphins having QB uncertainty, along with a few more potentially skittish GMs early next season with teams like the Chiefs and the Bears, and those looking long term replacements soon enough like the Patriots, Giants and Saints, there is probably a market for that. That's ten teams who may be willing to pay big money for a QB.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 2:25pm
Uuuurrrgh. 

Corporate America is incredibly crass and creepy.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Uuuurrrgh. 

Corporate America is incredibly crass and creepy.

The comments underneath it

WTF were they thinking Jesus

Edited by Denis Irwin - 05 Feb 2018 at 2:26pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 2:31pm
Proof anyway that the Patriots don't get favourable decisions. Those two TDs could well have been overturned. I know they were catches but the rules are often interpreted in such as way as to determine they weren't. For the first, there have been instances where very similar readjustments of a ball in the process of completing a catch are taken into account, and they would have adjudged that his second foot was down out of bounds as a result of the readjustment of the ball after the first foot hit down. For the second, there are more than enough instances, involving Detroit, Pittsburgh and Dallas, over the last couple of seasons, where players stretching for the endzone hit the ground, a good while after they made a catch, and caused the ball to come loose, such that they were ruled incomplete. The rule is stupid and the rule should be that those two last night were TDs, but it doesn't mean, under the rule as it stands and has been interpreted in the past, that the way the rules are now that they should have been given. Anyway, the basic point is that last night went some way to quashing the notion that the Pats get favourable refereeing.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 2:42pm
One penalty went against the Patriots last night, for five yards.

ONE

I believe that is their total for the postseason also.

Belicheck is the greatest coach of all-time but he's not that good
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:12pm
Ah here. All their games were low in penalties, both ways.

If the refs favoured the Patriots, they could easily have overturned either or both of those touchdowns.

Whether they did or didn't get the odd holding call is a bit different to having two TDs allowed against them, when very similar looking catches have been overturned on plenty of occasions.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It might depend on the QB market as well - Talk of the Redskins using the franchise tag to try and then Cousins so that could impact the market. 

That's very risky by the Redskins. There might be a market for Cousins, but maybe not at franchise QB money.

Then again, with the Broncos, Browns, Jets, Cardinals and maybe even the Dolphins having QB uncertainty, along with a few more potentially skittish GMs early next season with teams like the Chiefs and the Bears, and those looking long term replacements soon enough like the Patriots, Giants and Saints, there is probably a market for that. That's ten teams who may be willing to pay big money for a QB.
Redskins traded Cousins last week, so they're out of the Cousins race anyway
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:17pm

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Redskins traded Cousins last week, so they're out of the Cousins race anyway

??

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22315705/washington-redskins-consider-placing-franchise-tag-kirk-cousins

They signed Alex Smith, but they still have Cousins too.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 11:15am
Weird, could have sworn I read that they traded Cousins (and a DB) for Smith
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 11:26am
Anyone check in on PhillyK ?

Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 3:47pm
https://www.allwatchseries.com/30-for-30-season-3-episode-30-the-two-bills.html

great documentary on the relationship between Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick Thumbs Up
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 1:09pm
Schedule out tomorrow night/fri morning and draft next Thurs, looking forward to it, have the morning after took off work
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 2:42pm
Still no word on tickets for the Spurs stadium game. I kind of fancy heading over to that. There's a flight to Stansted at 11:55 on the Sunday morning which is perfect after the match the night before.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:41pm
This draft is getting more intriguing by the day, hope the Browns go Allen first pick

@SD, huge demand for that game, want to go myself but not holding out much hope. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:51pm
I know. The tickets won't go on sale until August is the latest news, as the seating plan won't be finalised til then. I worry what they say about season ticket holders and how only about 90% of Wembley season ticket holders will be able to get tickets for that game - I worry that there'll be next to no tickets left for those who only want single game tickets, if any are sold. It'll definitely be a 9am job on ticketmaster, sold out inside minutes.

I won't be booking anything til August. If that means I don't get to any games, so be it.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 8:35pm

I know. The tickets won't go on sale until August is the latest news, as the seating plan won't be finalised til then. I worry what they say about season ticket holders and how only about 90% of Wembley season ticket holders will be able to get tickets for that game - I worry that there'll be next to no tickets left for those who only want single game tickets, if any are sold. It'll definitely be a 9am job on ticketmaster, sold out inside minutes.

I won't be booking anything til August. If that means I don't get to any games, so be it.
Would ya not just ehad over to a real game? Currently 340 to fly direct to Seattle for the Rams game the week earlier. Fly out 4pm Friday, SAturday to see the city, game Sunday lunctime, then fly back Sunday night after the game. Games in Seattle are a bucket list thing.

Boom times are back share LOL

Also, they have a Boeing museum out there that you'd love SD!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 329>
  Share Topic