FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Richie Dunne - An appreciation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Richie Dunne - An appreciation
    Posted: 25 May 2016 at 5:19am
I see the Dunner is a pundit in itv for the Euros.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 6:29pm
I reckon he still has a lot more to offer than any of us think. Age is only a number. He has the brain to adapt his game for whatever he lacks in pace. Just look at the video link on the previous page and it highlights it pretty well. I reckon he'll be back in the premier league next season with QPR too.

Give him a chance at least!

...sure, McGrath was 34 (35 that year) at USA 94, and look back at the shift he put in. Played on to almost 38 afterwards too.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Love the man but he has had his day .
I wouldnt write the Dunner off just yet.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Spudgunn1980 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudgunn1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

At least give him a chance before writing him completely off. He's finally over all his injury problems, so hopefully his performance for QPR on Saturday shows that he still has something left in the tank. I believe he does.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 8:00am
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Shay Given has been battered on here for the past few weeks yet no such criticism for Dunne who was arguably worse at the euros and also played whilst injured.

I wouldn't criticise either player myself but it's interesting that one has got caned whilst the other has posts on an appreciation thread

''so Dunne played with an injury aswell?''

Chief Inspector Dixon: ''They all did it''

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsR/14393-9383.jpg

Well he was out for a long period pre-Euros and then after the euros and was pretty awful performance wise. Going into the euros he was far from fully fit

Are you saying he was fit in your totally irrelevant Guildford 4 quip?
<span ="Apple-style-span" style=": rgb255, 255, 255;">
</span>
</span>
</span>
<span ="Apple-style-span" style=": rgb255, 255, 255;">I said it at the time and was laughed at on here. Richie should have been nowhere near the starting 11 with that injury.</span>
</span>
<span ="Apple-style-span" style=": rgb255, 255, 255;">Everyone put their fantasy cap on on thought he was some sort of bionic man. Ah sure richie doesn't need any training etc were some of the comments.  </span>
<span ="Apple-style-span" style=": rgb255, 255, 255;">That said. ..hopefully he still has a role to play for us</span>
</span>
</span>
</span> 

Yeah and Shay seems to have taken a battering on here, I'd hope to see both in the next squad but I do think it's time to try and build the partnership between Clarke and JOS.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 10:24pm

Shay Given has been battered on here for the past few weeks yet no such criticism for Dunne who was arguably worse at the euros and also played whilst injured.

I wouldn't criticise either player myself but it's interesting that one has got caned whilst the other has posts on an appreciation thread

Well he was out for a long period pre-Euros and then after the euros and was pretty awful performance wise. Going into the euros he was far from fully fit

I said it at the time and was laughed at on here. Richie should have been nowhere near the starting 11 with that injury.

Everyone put their fantasy cap on on thought he was some sort of bionic man. Ah sure richie doesn't need any training etc were some of the comments.  
That said. ..hopefully he still has a role to play for us

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Can we not keep filling posts with what happened 19 months ago.

It's a football forum not the daily mail ffs, if you don't like the content click out of it. Would you ever stop moaning

In fairness he has a point. It's not as if something that happened nearly 12 years ago has been talked and bitched about for the last couple of months

....Oh wait

Were you a Keane or McCarthy man?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 8:33pm

It's a football forum not the daily mail ffs, if you don't like the content click out of it. Would you ever stop moaning

In fairness he has a point. It's not as if something that happened nearly 12 years ago has been talked and bitched about for the last couple of months

....Oh wait
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 8:19pm

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 8:13pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

thats a fair point, o'shea not fit either

Thought he was the worst TBH. Horrific

I felt sorry for him to be honest, he was made to look a far worse player than he actually is by being played at right back. His passing was awful but every time he got the ball there was nobody to give it to we were under so much pressure. Mcgeady and duff both playing like extra full backs

I mean how many 6ft 3 full backs do you see ffs
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 7:47pm

thats a fair point, o'shea not fit either

Thought he was the worst TBH. Horrific
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 6:28pm

''They all played unfit''

Strange lad...and stop pm'ing me ya moron
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 6:04pm
''They all played unfit''

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:59pm

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:52pm

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:51pm

Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Originally posted by petej1963 petej1963 wrote:

My young lad is 2 weeks old and please god when im an auld fella ill be able to tell him i saw Paul Mcgrath v Italy in 1994 and Richard Dunne v Russia 2011.In a game populated by greedy,talentless cowards it was  inspireing to watch Richard Dunne play tonight for the love of his country and the pride in his shirt.When he got the bang on the face the wife said "he will have to go off",i just smiled.You cant keep a hero down.Clap

Hey Shirts, What would you say Dunnes shirt's are worth after that performance?, the blooded one, and the one with the number five put on with a marker........Wink

After the game Pete I said it was expensive but id nearly say its priceless now!!

roys from 2002 would still be way more valuable im guessing though.

Doubt it tbh Citizen.The Dunne Marker shirt would be more valuable imo.The fact it was a comptetive game,we got a result,Dunne was MOTM,the campaign ended in qualification for a tournament  and the fact that the shirt was created live on tv in front of everyones eyes meant that there was pictures of the incident on international news/print media.Its very rare an actual shirt gets such attention.

The fact that Dunne then publically auctioned the shirt in conjunction with the FAI for charity means its authenticity cannot be questioned in any way shape or form.Im biased but imo its certainly has to be in my top 3 irish shirts of all time id love to ever get my hands on.

(1)Houghton v England 88
(2)Bonner v Romania 90
(3)Dunne v Russia 2011.

not to contradict your expertise in the field Big smile, i think the keane one would be much more sought after (publically more than a collector). It is a genuine piece of Irish sporting history and has more relevance socially.

Fair point on the historical and social point citz but I think if you threw it out to the good folk on ybig if they could own either id say it would be hands down the dunne one.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic