You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 246>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 6:21am
Trap will not make too many changes
Say nothing till you hear more
Sponsored Links

farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 2:05pm
Thought he was impressive tonight although I was flicking between the Leinster match aswell. Seems to be the leader for them in midfield always pointing where to go. Amazing how deep he is playing this year maybe trying to prove a point to Trap?

EDIT: Goal also gave him motm

Edited by farfar - 17 Dec 2011 at 2:07pm
HewhomustbeHeeded View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HewhomustbeHeeded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 2:18pm
McCarthy will be a massive player for Ireland.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 3:00pm
got rave reviews tonight v Chelski
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 3:01pm
I am watching him the last few weeks to try form an opinion on him and i must say im impressed always showing for a pass. He got into a few tackles tonight. Hopefully he keeps up this performance level.
TheBeachBoysReunion View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBeachBoysReunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 4:09pm
Sammon is also getting positive reviews, albeit he was neutralised by the Chelsea defenders today.

If he adds goals to his game, he could be an option for us, realistically for the WCQ campaign.

soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by TheBeachBoysReunion TheBeachBoysReunion wrote:

Sammon is also getting positive reviews....... he could be an option for us, realistically for the WCQ campaign.

Not a chance in hell
Drummerboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 5:50pm
McCarthy did very well against Chelsea. He was the main man for Wigan, without a doubt. Looking forward to seeing progress further.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 5:57pm
McCarthy has to get out of that club to progress. Wigan are going nowhere. Has the potential to be a leading Premier League player. I think if he moves to a bigger club and keeps progressing, he could be a similar player to Michael Essien when he was at his best.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Godot View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 6:03pm
This post might look daft 5 years from now but I'm calling it now:

James McCarthy will be a future Ireland captain.
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

McCarthy has to get out of that club to progress. Wigan are going nowhere. Has the potential to be a leading Premier League player. I think if he moves to a bigger club and keeps progressing, he could be a similar player to Michael Essien when he was at his best.

agreed, needs to get out of wigan whether they somehow stay up or not. not a good place to be-maybe if Everton have some money ?
The Fly View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by farfar farfar wrote:

Thought he was impressive tonight although I was flicking between the Leinster match aswell. Seems to be the leader for them in midfield always pointing where to go. Amazing how deep he is playing this year maybe trying to prove a point to Trap?

EDIT: Goal also gave him motm

Nah, just doing what he is told bt Martinez, was very good today, I was impressed by him.
AndyMc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 5:24am
Thought he did really well yesterday
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 5:25am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

He has great ability but I don't understand why you would compare him to Essien. He'll never have the physical attributes that Essien has - very few players have.
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
ilovetrap View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan
McShane = Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovetrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 9:31am
shocking to think that trap prob will leave him at home nxt summer,and i see mcshane who is gaurenteed to be on the plane put in another faultless display yest for hull carrying the water!!!
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 9:38am
He has been having his best season so far but he is finding him form of late.
Say nothing till you hear more
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 9:44am
Originally posted by ilovetrap ilovetrap wrote:

shocking to think that trap prob will leave him at home nxt summer,and i see mcshane who is gaurenteed to be on the plane put in another faultless display yest for hull carrying the water!!!

McCarthy has been involved in nearly every squad this campaign. Trap will not leave him at home.

Hopefully Trap\Tardelli watches him playing in this holding position. And more importantly that he gets an opportunity to play here in some of the upcoming friendlies.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ilovetrap View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan
McShane = Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovetrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 9:49am
i hope your right horsebox
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 246>
  Share Topic