Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 230231232233234 246>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 2:37pm
Too shy to come out and say he doean't want to ppay international football.

@GD  Since he pulled out of loads of squads with dubious injuries or excuses long before the leg break and after . Look back at his record since 2010 for turning up.  Went missing in 2010 and 2011 amd 2012 and hardly showed up when he was included in squads.  

I called it before he got this latest njury. He would pull out and wont play for us. Low and behold he gets injured.  Doesnt sound serious to me. Bruised calf.  Even if he does have one he should be well able to play against Finland at worst.

Edited by Trap junior - 30 Aug 2020 at 2:41pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

What does Brady say about McCarthy? I've personally never seen what the big fuss is about myself, but I realize that he is a solid player.

Basically questions the lads committment and said he pulled out with fake injures

From page 3 (Sep 2011).  I had a RTE Player link (long since taken down) where Brady criticised him for pulling out willy nilly and suggested he was aking injuries to get out of interantional duty

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 3:10pm
Trap Júnior, are you drunk? Serious amount of grammatical errors LOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 3:12pm

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Cue the conspiracy theories that he travels with the squad to get assest after injuring himself so he doesn't have to play. 

As far as I am aware an interbational team can make a player come over to be assessed by their own medical team despite what the club say.

I doubt James is voluntarily coming over. I think he has been asked to come over and be looked at.  Even that quote by Hodgson seems to imply it.  "He has to go over because they want to have a look at him".

I distinctly remember I think it was 2011 sometime and Wigan said he was injured and Trap made him come over to be looked at and the Iriah team doc did his own scan on him and found Wigan had greatly overblown this injury (was some small strain and well able to play) and he was passed fit by the Iriah team doc but they relented and allowed him to return to his club.

At the end of the daybif the doc says he's ok but the player says I feel pain amd can't run properly what can they do? They cant make him want to play.
That sounds like you have a cold, you should get a test.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 3:23pm
Stephen Kenny 

Kenny said that James McCarthy had picked up a knock playing for Crystal Palace midweek and would be assessed in Dublin today.

"I know James is very keen to come back and play for Ireland, it's been a few years now since he has played.

"He’ll be a huge addition to us."

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Internet signal isn't working so having to type my replies on the phone. Can't type on the small keyboardsEmbarrassed

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 4:40pm

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Internet signal isn't working so having to type my replies on the phone. Can't type on the small keyboardsEmbarrassed

Mash the key pad now to obtain a special dialling wand 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 7:09pm
trained today without any hint of an injury. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 12:02am
Is he injured yet?
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 2:03pm
Just seen he was taken off with 20 minutes to go, hopefully not injured again
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Best player on the park.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 2:10pm

FFSLOL

I was actually going to make a sarcastic post this morning saying ''I wonder will James pull up with some injury today to play truant for next week' but feared a backlash and didn't bother LOL

I might make an anonymous phone call to the school attendance officer again tipping them off on James' truancy if he is at this craic again.

Edited by Trap junior - 03 Oct 2020 at 2:11pm

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 2:11pm

FFSLOL

I was actually going to make a sarcastic post this morning saying ''I wonder will James pull up with some injury today to play truant for next week' but feared a backlash and didn't bother LOL

I might make an anonymous phone call to the school attendance officer again tipping them off of James' truancy.

The play-by-play describes it as a tactical decision.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

FFSLOL

I might make an anonymous phone call to the school attendance officer again tipping them off of James' truancy.

The play-by-play describes it as a tactical decision.

Tactical decision to withdraw from EIRE duty?LOL

Fair enough.

davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 2:18pm
I was watching the match. No injury. Hodgson just replacing both midfielders with more attacking players. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 2:23pm

FFSLOL

I might make an anonymous phone call to the school attendance officer again tipping them off on James' truancy if he is at this craic again.

You should have made that sarcastic comment it would have been hilarious! Missed opportunity.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 2:29pm
Mccarthy was replaced on 68min by milivojevic just after Chelsea scored the second goal. Probably not a great tactical change as Chelsea score another two in the remaining 20mins.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

FFSLOL

You should have made that sarcastic comment it would have been hilarious! Missed opportunity.

I won't hesitate next time.

Wonder are Jamie and Woy hatching a plan as we speak ''James has had a reaction after the game today in his hamstring and feel its best if he remains with his club for treatment.  James is gutted to miss out on double maths''.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 230231232233234 246>
  Share Topic