You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230231232 246>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

James on the bench for Palace tonight against Bournemouth. He was a regular starter for them before the break. Strange.

With the quick turnaround of games, he probably won't play as much as you think. He'll still see his fair share of minutes, but he won't be playing 2 games in 5 days. I'd imagine it's just a (smart) way of managing his physical condition, rather than him being frozen out.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 11:16am
Being linked with a move to Leeds now. I saw a graphic a couple of weeks ago suggesting that (statistically speaking) he's one of the most difficult players in Europe to dribble past. It'd be interesting to see him under Bielsa, he might be able to take his obviously excellent defensive capabilities and inject a bit more of an attacking bite into his play.
We're decent enough..
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Excellent. I don't know what was going on previously with big Mick but James has been impressive for Crystal Palace this season and will improve the Ireland midfield. Good that Stephen Kenny has made the effort to get him back in.

I don’t think their was anything going on only James McCarthy genuinely wanted to focus on getting back playing football before coming back playing international football and he not right. I know that Mick was slightly smartarse about most lads turning down caps or having issues with nationality regardless of their situation but I wouldn’t read anything into James only that genuinely he wanted to get back playing football and getting fit for the bulk of this season without mishap.  no doubt he’d have been on a specific schedule in training outside of matches to tailor to this also and playing international football straight away initially was a danger to this.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 12:35pm
Not just Leeds but West Ham, Newcastle and Aston Villa also interested. Unless Roy Hodgson is sacked by Crystal Palace, I doubt if the club would not take the necessary measures to keep him after the excellent season he has had and the evidence that he has overcome the injury.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Being linked with a move to Leeds now. I saw a graphic a couple of weeks ago suggesting that (statistically speaking) he's one of the most difficult players in Europe to dribble past. It'd be interesting to see him under Bielsa, he might be able to take his obviously excellent defensive capabilities and inject a bit more of an attacking bite into his play.

Hmmm I'd like to have seen this graphic.......you sure you weren't having green-tinted dreams? Wink

Would like to see him at Leeds. He's pretty good on the ball and would suit Leeds. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Hmmm I'd like to have seen this graphic.......you sure you weren't having green-tinted dreams? Wink

Would like to see him at Leeds. He's pretty good on the ball and would suit Leeds. 

That would be a fairly bizarre "green tinted dream". I think I'd have aimed slightly more on the spectacular side if I was going to make something up.
We're decent enough..
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 5:49pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

That would be a fairly bizarre "green tinted dream". I think I'd have aimed slightly more on the spectacular side if I was going to make something up.

So... when are you going to share this graphic?
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 5:55pm
He’s definitely good at breaking up play. Probably the most athletic player we have for that role. He’s not very adventurous with the ball, but he can tackle.

I’d love to see that infographic too. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 6:08pm

Throw up the graphic there, interesting stuff. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

He’s definitely good at breaking up play. Probably the most athletic player we have for that role. He’s not very adventurous with the ball, but he can tackle.

I’d love to see that infographic too. 
Think he’s fine on the ball better than what he’s given credit for. How that mutant Hodgson didn’t have him in the team towards the end of the season and they clearly far better side with him in it is bizarre not as bizarre as the fact they seem to be actually reluctant to keep hold of him the hoards of clubs linked to him tells you he’s still a quality player with lots to offer any of the bottom 12 teams in the League. 

Edited by kevin100 - 04 Aug 2020 at 10:12pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 3:54pm
Any update on the extent of his injury? 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Any update on the extent of his injury? 

Doctors think he will be ok to play mickey mouse pre season games for Palace but predict it will unfortunately swell up just as the Ireland squad are due to meet up.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 4:15pm
According to Nathan Murphy on off the ball, it’s not serious. It was a precaution. Would expect him to play, although you might expect him to struggle playing 90 mins
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 7:35pm
Roy Hogson says he's struggling with a calf injury, will be assessed when gets into Dublin tomorrow.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 7:54pm
Well it’s good that he is at least making the effort to come over.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 8:07pm
I hope he's fit, David  Meyler was on Newstalk today saying he's our best all round midfielder.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 9:11pm
He definitely is and Kenny has not been shy about saying so. Like Coleman, and I suppose Molumby too, he has come back from a horrendous injury and showed this season at Crystal Palace that he has still got it. He still has time to establish himself again as a top class international player and I hope he is back in the green jersey for the forthcoming games.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Jack City Jack City wrote:

Roy Hogson says he's struggling with a calf injury, will be assessed when gets into Dublin tomorrow.

I know times are tough in terms of our midfield options but I really don't think Hodgson is going to be the solution at 73.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230231232 246>
  Share Topic