You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 246>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 3:21am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

He put up with sectarian sh*t and abuse and still played for us instead of Scotland, missed Euros cos of family sh*t which is understandable . Family comes first. He has had a sh*t time with injuries. Dont say he is not committed or doesn't give a sh*t cos he has put up with lot of abuse to play with us. If it was to advance his career he wudnt have skipped Euro's. Arter and Westwood, even Clinton Morrison played to be an International to advance careeers. Westwood and Morrison made similar comments 'after declaring 'never been to Ireland but I like Guinness' and 'never been to Ireland but I'm a good catholic boy's. McCarthy declared cos we picked him first and to make his grandad proud, man he cared so much about to miss Euro's. Roy Keane skipped Iran away in 2001 with phantom injury, f**ked off at world cup. If McCarthy is fit and ready to go he will be available but McCarthys comments dont help. First time in 4 yes McCarthy is playing regularly, he has got his club career and form back on track . Like McGeady he has put up with so much sh*t declaring for us. I reckon if he was starting off now and still a young lad he would still choose us.

Well said, Paddy. Excellent post.

Bout time I posted something good, look at Stephen Ireland, 6 games and f**ked off, his son Josh playing for England, Rory Delaps son playing for England instead of us even though he qualifies. Did they care? Not enough. How many times did Duff, Carr etc. pull out with hamstring injuries and played for clubs next weekend? On more than one occasion McCarthy missed games for Everton and Wigan when he was 22/23, played n got injured for us and if anyone remembers Everton sl*gged us off for not looking after him. People forget that sh*t to suit their agenda.
Sponsored Links

PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 3:29am
Normally my posts consists of replying to comments bout Shane long and sl*gging his goal scoring stats etc. Call him up da ****
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 3:50am

He put up with sectarian sh*t and abuse and still played for us instead of Scotland, missed Euros cos of family sh*t which is understandable . Family comes first. He has had a sh*t time with injuries. Dont say he is not committed or doesn't give a sh*t cos he has put up with lot of abuse to play with us. If it was to advance his career he wudnt have skipped Euro's. Arter and Westwood, even Clinton Morrison played to be an International to advance careeers. Westwood and Morrison made similar comments 'after declaring 'never been to Ireland but I like Guinness' and 'never been to Ireland but I'm a good catholic boy's. McCarthy declared cos we picked him first and to make his grandad proud, man he cared so much about to miss Euro's. Roy Keane skipped Iran away in 2001 with phantom injury, f**ked off at world cup. If McCarthy is fit and ready to go he will be available but McCarthys comments dont help. First time in 4 yes McCarthy is playing regularly, he has got his club career and form back on track . Like McGeady he has put up with so much sh*t declaring for us. I reckon if he was starting off now and still a young lad he would still choose us.

Bout time I posted something good, look at Stephen Ireland, 6 games and f**ked off, his son Josh playing for England, Rory Delaps son playing for England instead of us even though he qualifies. Did they care? Not enough. How many times did Duff, Carr etc. pull out with hamstring injuries and played for clubs next weekend? On more than one occasion McCarthy missed games for Everton and Wigan when he was 22/23, played n got injured for us and if anyone remembers Everton sl*gged us off for not looking after him. People forget that sh*t to suit their agenda.

Agree totally with the post, but Rory Delap wanted to play for us - Kilbane mentioned this before saying Delap was one of the few English born lads who wanted to play for Ireland over England. Think he said Alan Kelly too. 

PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 4:08am
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Agree totally with the post, but Rory Delap wanted to play for us - Kilbane mentioned this before saying Delap was one of the few English born lads who wanted to play for Ireland over England. Think he said Alan Kelly too. 

I know sociology isn't so simple and identy isn't static, maybe if Delap won 40 odd caps with his son growing up watching him his loyalties would be to us not England. But his time coincided with Kelly, Kenna, Carr and Finnan etc so only 11 caps and his son another generation away. As an Irishman settled in Stockport I'd be devastated if my son felt more English than Irish. But likes of Ireland, Westwood, Arter, Roy Keane etc. their commitment doesn't compare to what McCarthy put up with. Keane missing world cup cos he thought fai were inept and mick was a **** or James missing euros, biggest moment that would have been in his career to be at his grandad deathbed, the man he wanted to make proud in an Irish shirt.....who is the fraud? He committed at a young age, not like O'Hara or Will Keane who declared when they realised they wouldn't play for England. Or Grealish, Rice and Michael Keane who committed until England called. He is no O'Hara who committed too late and he is no Grealish who f**ked off when another country showed an interest. He stuck with us and took a lot of abuse, another man who takes lot of sh*t. No one is obliged to declare for us and if they dont want to play anymore they can retire with a bullsh*t excuse. McCarthy will be back. Even if like Roy Keane under Kerr picking and choosing to manage his fitness
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 6:19am
Mick is pissing me off big time with his comments . As someone said previously James has 41 caps. He often played for Ireland when Everton said h wasn’t fit . Big nose comments aren’t helping. It’s like he’s trying to force him out so when he picks glen no one can say you should have played McCarthy
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 6:59am

This is a great post.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 7:23am

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

I know sociology isn't so simple and identy isn't static, maybe if Delap won 40 odd caps with his son growing up watching him his loyalties would be to us not England. But his time coincided with Kelly, Kenna, Carr and Finnan etc so only 11 caps and his son another generation away. As an Irishman settled in Stockport I'd be devastated if my son felt more English than Irish. But likes of Ireland, Westwood, Arter, Roy Keane etc. their commitment doesn't compare to what McCarthy put up with. Keane missing world cup cos he thought fai were inept and mick was a **** or James missing euros, biggest moment that would have been in his career to be at his grandad deathbed, the man he wanted to make proud in an Irish shirt.....who is the fraud? He committed at a young age, not like O'Hara or Will Keane who declared when they realised they wouldn't play for England. Or Grealish, Rice and Michael Keane who committed until England called. He is no O'Hara who committed too late and he is no Grealish who f**ked off when another country showed an interest. He stuck with us and took a lot of abuse, another man who takes lot of sh*t. No one is obliged to declare for us and if they dont want to play anymore they can retire with a bullsh*t excuse. McCarthy will be back. Even if like Roy Keane under Kerr picking and choosing to manage his fitness
I see you found an even earlier house? 

I broadly agree on McCarthy though. I don’t think he is much good and is far too shy on the pitch, but I think his problem is injuries rather than commitment.
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 12:06pm

Clap
I was born and raised in Birmingham, not a chance I would ever considered picking anything other than Ireland, some players use it as an advance but when you have a genuine connection or love to a community, culture, place, people you cannot have players slated over stuff we just do not know about. Fair play to McCarthy & McGeady, it is the same reason supposedly stopping Mikey Johnston at Celtic declaring.
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Bham_McDermott Bham_McDermott wrote:

Clap
I was born and raised in Birmingham, not a chance I would ever considered picking anything other than Ireland, some players use it as an advance but when you have a genuine connection or love to a community, culture, place, people you cannot have players slated over stuff we just do not know about. Fair play to McCarthy & McGeady, it is the same reason supposedly stopping Mikey Johnston at Celtic declaring.

Is Johnston seriously interested? He's a great prospect. I guess for his own sanity if he declares for us he'd probably need to leave Celtic, which he maybe doesn't want to do.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

Clap

Is Johnston seriously interested? He's a great prospect. I guess for his own sanity if he declares for us he'd probably need to leave Celtic, which he maybe doesn't want to do.
Apparently very close to his grandparents from Donegal, wants to do it for them, not sure where I read that now, maybe in the thread for him, or Celtic threads, if you Google his name or look at his Twitter photo, you would suspect there is absolutely something in it, and hence a reason he hasn't been called up for Scotland Snr yet
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 12:23pm
I can't see it with Mikey Johnston. Would hardly call him a great prospect

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I can't see it with Mikey Johnston. Would hardly call him a great prospect

Can't see a turnaround on this so quickly but would be good enough to be in contention for 23 man squad for NL games surely? I think having Duff in the Celtic set up will only have enhanced our chances with him. Nothing Mick has to worry about anyway, think Kenny and his team need to reach out soon though. I think the same with Cal O' Hare at Villa, will be a player for AV next season, smashing it at Coventry
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 12:50pm

Sledging a player's commitment has a  people-in-glasshouses postcode. The majority of Irish fans are more passionate about their chosen UK club than the national team. There's  a smattering of hypocrisy at play here.

I don't support an English team but even if I did I would be more than happy to call this lads commitment out.

He had no reason to withdraw from a lot of squads. I think he pulled out of the last squad because the dog ran off with his football boots.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Sledging a player's commitment has a  people-in-glasshouses postcode. The majority of Irish fans are more passionate about their chosen UK club than the national team. There's  a smattering of hypocrisy at play here.

I don't support an English team but even if I did I would be more than happy to call this lads commitment out.

He had no reason to withdraw from a lot of squads. I think he pulled out of the last squad because the dog ran off with his football boots.

Having ruined a decent portion of his club career by turning up and ignoring club advice, getting injured with us and generally being committed to us - maybe he wanted to make a proper go at his last chance in the Premier League and then come back to us after putting together more than a few sub appearances. 

He has gotten into the Palace team, he is playing regularly. He should be given this chance to play. If he turns this chance down, at that point then I'd say fair enough, forget about him. But I think he will accept now, and he should certainly be brought straight into the starting 11, given he is our only starting central midfielder at premier league level (As Hendrick plays on the right)
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Having ruined a decent portion of his club career by turning up and ignoring club advice, getting injured with us and generally being committed to us - maybe he wanted to make a proper go at his last chance in the Premier League and then come back to us after putting together more than a few sub appearances. 

He has gotten into the Palace team, he is playing regularly. He should be given this chance to play. If he turns this chance down, at that point then I'd say fair enough, forget about him. But I think he will accept now, and he should certainly be brought straight into the starting 11, given he is our only starting central midfielder at premier league level (As Hendrick plays on the right)
and add to the fact he has been absolute gash for us recently
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 2:12pm

Recently? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Recently? 
Beat me to it! As has been said elsewhere, it’s Whelan’s fault he is sh*t.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 2:21pm

Luka Modric would struggle to have an impact if he was playing in midfield for Ireland never mind Jeff Hendrick.

How anyone can expect our more advanced centre midfielders to go out and have any impact on a game is baffling. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 246>
  Share Topic