You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222223224 246>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 8:59am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

That was Jan 2018,Hes only playing regularly the last couple of months.What James McClean has to do with it Ive no idea.Where is the flippancy you speak of?All I see there is exactly what anyone would say after such an injury.Sure didnt MM say himself that in order to be picked you have to be playing regular football?

His interview wasn't in January 2018. It was only back in December 2019. 

The quote could be interpreted as being flippant but even leaving that aside, it's not the first time his commitment has been questioned so it's a legitimate concern what James McCarthy's intentions are regarding the national side. 

As I said we'll know one way or the other soon as he's playing regularly now and hopefully he's in the squad. Should be starting over Whelan against Slovakia. 
I was referring to the seriousness of the injury and how long it can take to recover physically and mentally.Each individual is different.Granted,his commitment can and is being questioned by some but I do feel there has been a few twists and turns for him privately and professionally thats being overlooked to form an opinion by some.That said,If he is picked and refuses the call up well then we will know his priorities.On the flip side,McCarthy has history of throwing players under the bus publicly so it wouldnt be the first time he wont be putting the best team available to him on the pitch.
He should have never been given a second crack at it,that's just my opinion which belongs on another thread perhaps.

Sponsored Links

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 8:24pm
Mick went to Palace-Newcastle on Saturday.

James only Irish player fit so could be significant. I would have been of the opinion he wasn’t in the running given Mick’s recent unconvincing quotes about the likelihood of him turning up.

Do I think he’ll win the game for us? No. Is he a better option than most? Probably
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

James only Irish player fit so could be significant. I would have been of the opinion he wasn’t in the running given Mick’s recent unconvincing quotes about the likelihood of him turning up.

Do I think he’ll win the game for us? No. Is he a better option than most? Probably
He will probably head to Italy for a day just before the meet up LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Change of tact by mccarthy. Maybe he’s going to talk people down to their face!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:04pm
I think that Mick always wanted James to be first choice and that Whelan was recalled due to the unavailability of Whelan and to a lesser extent
Artur.

James has kicked the can down the road and is not brave enough to announce his retirement from international football (the same as James McArthur)

I reckon that if James does return he will start.

Edited by horsebox - 25 Feb 2020 at 9:04pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I think that Mick always wanted James to be first choice and that Whelan was recalled due to the unavailability of Whelan and to a lesser extent
Artur.

James has kicked the can down the road and is not brave enough to announce his retirement from international football (the same as James McArthur)

''Due to the nature of the Coronavirus risk I think it is best not to risk me and my family's health by travelling at this vital time in my career when I am just finding my feet again but I hope to be back soon.''

Here you go James.  I saved you the bother of having to write this yourself.  Just copy and paste it to your twitter account in 2 weeks time.

Edited by Trap junior - 25 Feb 2020 at 9:40pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Artur.

If we're honest, Declan Rice was first choice...then McCarthy. So he's currently operating with his 3rd choice defensive midfielder.

Incidentally, I doubt Mick went to watch McCarthy for the craic. He must know already if James is returning. I find it hard to believe Mick would bend over backwards to drag a player on international duty, who's yet to even feature under his tenure.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 12:17am
Mick has already been embarrassed by Rice , Redmond and Bamford . He has learned from those experiences and has advised Arter and Westwood that he'd call them if he needed them , to avoid any more feigned injuries from those less fervent patriots . I think James McCarthy must be coming back or Mick would not have wasted time watching a match where he was the only Irish player . Here's hoping , he's better than what we have currently got .
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Mick has already been embarrassed by Rice , Redmond and Bamford . He has learned from those experiences and has advised Arter and Westwood that he'd call them if he needed them , to avoid any more feigned injuries from those less fervent patriots . I think James McCarthy must be coming back or Mick would not have wasted time watching a match where he was the only Irish player . Here's hoping , he's better than what we have currently got .

He's no Glen Whelan
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 1:36pm
Gone off injured at HT for Palace. 
Ask MaGee
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 1:49pm
Ffs
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 1:53pm
The aul injuries will stack up for us 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 1:55pm
that’s the danger with Janes hus injury history is horrific. 
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 1:57pm
He did it deliberately to miss the playoffs.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He did it deliberately to miss the playoffs.

Normally that's worth a laughing emoji but in this case he probably did

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 12:28am

Looks to be a hamstring injury, taken off for precautionary reasons, should get over that in a week of so right? 

"Roy Hodgson has revealed why he substituted James McCarthy for Jairo Riedewald at half-time against Brighton & Hove Albion today, explaining that the midfielder had collected a slight injury in the opening 45.

Hodgson said: "It's injury unfortunately, he was feeling his hamstring. He was tempted I think to go and give it another five or 10 minutes to see how it goes but the doc, Zaf, Ray [Lewington] and myself made a decision between us that it wasn't worth taking that chance - not when we had fully fit players on the bench like Jairo"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 8:50am
We will now see the clear difference in how Coleman and McCarthy will try to be ready for EIRE.  Coleman will be desperate and will burst his bollox trying to get back to fitness to be ready in time  McCarthy will use it an excuse to concentrate on his club.

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:50am
Do you know what confirmation bias is?
Hint - it's nothing to do with making your confirmation
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222223224 246>
  Share Topic