You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 246>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Personally, I take him at his word. Between March 2017 and April 2019 he played extremely limited amounts of football, and almost got something of a second chance by signing for Palace. If he’s starting weekly or regularly MM will want him in midfield and I’d expect JM would like that too.

I'm not having it and I dont think Mick will either.

Hes been fit and available to play for pretty much 12 months (13/1/19) since his injury.

Granted he didnt play much football for Everton in that period leading up to his summer transfer to Palace but he would have been training and playing games behind closed doors with the reserves.

Id have absoutely no problem with him omitting himself right up until the September games given his lack of playing time and match sharpness.

But to exclude himself for the October and November games doesn't sit with me.

He had a full pre season under his belt and was getting minutes Palace.

In fact, at that point he was getting more minutes than Hourihane and Hendrick, who turned up and played ...along with Whelan who didnt even have a pre season and was still getting up to speed at Hearts.

Id rather Cullen than McCarthy, with Molumby and Knight next in line.

Edited by valo88 - 11 Jan 2020 at 2:47pm
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Personally, I take him at his word. Between March 2017 and April 2019 he played extremely limited amounts of football, and almost got something of a second chance by signing for Palace. If he’s starting weekly or regularly MM will want him in midfield and I’d expect JM would like that too.

Can't argue with that last part.

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 3:40pm

Hes been fit and available to play for pretty much 12 months (13/1/19) since his injury.

Granted he didnt play much football for Everton in that period leading up to his summer transfer to Palace but he would have been training and playing games behind closed doors with the reserves.

Id have absoutely no problem with him omitting himself right up until the September games given his lack of playing time and match sharpness.

In fact, at that point he was getting more minutes than Hourihane and Hendrick, who turned up and played ...along with Whelan who didnt even have a pre season and was still getting up to speed at Hearts.

He's been so "fit and available", he only played fifteen minutes of football from 13/1/2019 until the end of the 2018/19 season.
He's been so "fit and available" that today is his sixth time completing 90 minutes since 13/1/2019
He's been so "fit and available" that today is only his seventh time starting a game since 13/1/2019

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

He's been so "fit and available", he only played fifteen minutes of football from 13/1/2019 until the end of the 2018/19 season.
He's been so "fit and available" that today is his sixth time completing 90 minutes since 13/1/2019
He's been so "fit and available" that today is only his seventh time starting a game since 13/1/2019

Yeah well done, completely ignore the rest of my post. Clown
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 12:50am

Double leg fracture,Not match fit,Comparing him to players who have been fit for the duration of his injury,Has only recently been playing 90mins.The facts are the facts regardless of how they sit with you.Question his commitment when he has being playing regularly for 90mins and turns down the call up.Jeez.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 2:30pm
Starts against Man City today
The only way is up
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 2:48pm
Looking forward to see Glen Whelan on the team sheet
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Looking forward to see Glen Whelan on the team sheet

Collins instead of Long too
The only way is up
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 3:31pm
Legs have grown back.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Starts against Man City today

Apparently he had a great game too : lots of positive mentions on social media
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 8:48pm
Should be coming back in to top form come March, just in time to pull out of the squad.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
MacMathuna View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacMathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 11:47am
took corner for the first goal and the free kick before it. 

Good to have lads taking them for the club more options when internationals come around.

Still giving him the benefit of the doubt about international commitment but if he pulls out Again he should be removed from the history books ala hulk Hogan

Edit* played lovely ball to zaha leading to equilizer too

Edited by MacMathuna - 19 Jan 2020 at 11:48am
Sinne Fianna Fil at f gheall ag irinn.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 1:35pm
Mick hinted that James may not be committed and basically said if he picks him for the playoffs and he doesn't join up there's your answer.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 2:21pm
We need him in the short term more than the long term (molumby, cullen etc coming through both of whom will play in the Premiership in the next few years for me)

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

We need him in the short term more than the long term (molumby, cullen etc coming through both of whom will play in the Premiership in the next few years for me)

Who will you be managing? 
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 3:07pm
McCarthy On JMcC
“I think because of his injuries he’s probably been a little bit hesitant in coming in and playing. Maybe he thought he wouldn’t be playing and wanted to get back his club form first. He’s got that back. It’s whether I pick him now or not. We’ll see. There’s two or three times I’ve selected him and he’s not come in for whatever reason, whether it was his injury or he wanted to get his form back, didn’t think he was ready, we’ll see now.”

fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 3:11pm
Hed be better off trying to get his best players on the fcuking pitch rather than playing billy big balls
on media duty.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

McCarthy On JMcC
“I think because of his injuries he’s probably been a little bit hesitant in coming in and playing. Maybe he thought he wouldn’t be playing and wanted to get back his club form first. He’s got that back. It’s whether I pick him now or not. We’ll see. There’s two or three times I’ve selected him and he’s not come in for whatever reason, whether it was his injury or he wanted to get his form back, didn’t think he was ready, we’ll see now.”

That's fair enough. He'd a horrific injury and wanted to get himself back fit proper & back playing regularly. He's done that now so if he's picked you'd expect him to turn up. If he doesn't then we all have our answer
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 246>
  Share Topic