Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 246>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Off to Crystal Palace.
A sweep on how many he games he plays for them? I will go for one League Cup start, followed by two substitute appearances in the league, all ending in him being stretchered off.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Off to Crystal Palace.
A sweep on how many he games he plays for them? I will go for one League Cup start, followed by two substitute appearances in the league, all ending in him being stretchered off.

More seriously though, at 28 he needs to be playing week in week out and I think this is a really great move for all involved. 
I was being serious! There is more hope of me playing every week for Palace.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:12pm
Only 28

Feels like hes around ages 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Only 28

Its probably due to the fact he made his professional debut 12 years ago for Hamilton. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 7:21am
A good move but he'll have a job on his hands dislodging his old team mate McArthur and Milo. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 8:10am

£3million pounds according to reports - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49259315

Sky were saying £8 Million.

But £3 million would represent a major drop in value. I suppose that reflects the lack of club football over the past 18 months, and the lack of international football for almost three years.

I really hope this deal goes through.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 8:14am
Surely his price should have gone up to represent how much better he has become since playing for us?
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 9:17am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Only 28

Its probably due to the fact he made his professional debut 12 years ago for Hamilton. 

I was just going to say - sadly I can remember well when he was tearing it up as a 16 year old for Hamilton and being dubbed the 'next Steven Gerrard'.
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 9:28am
Hodgson could be great for his game (based on what I've heard Keith Andrews and a couple others say about Hodgson in the past)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 10:23am
Seems like a good move. When was the last time he had a long run of games for Everton? Hopefully it works out for him Thumbs Up
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 11:28am
He had a few games at the beginning of 2018 before breaking his leg v west Brom. He hasn’t really played regularly since 2016.

3 million is an absurdly low cost for a player of his ability. Unless of course he’s a total wreck and his career is effectively over, but that wasn’t what Silva was saying last season, and I’d be surprised if Palace would take the risk
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 11:35am
3m is nothing if they can get 15-20 games out of him, even from the bench. Be good to see him back playing regardless of where it is
Some people just deserve a slap
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 11:43am
I find Palace’s spending model extremely interesting, especially as they have £50 Million burning a hole in their pocket. They spent big during 2016 and 2017 and it just managed to get them to an equilibrium, and in January 2017 they looked certain for the drop. Since then, apart from spending 30 Million on Sakho, they have spent almost nothing. I wonder if they are hoping to recoup the bulk of their outlay from two years ago before spending any more than they have to.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

£3million pounds according to reports - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49259315

Sky were saying £8 Million.

But £3 million would represent a major drop in value. I suppose that reflects the lack of club football over the past 18 months, and the lack of international football for almost three years.

I really hope this deal goes through.

Seen the same figure. Surely Everton couldn't let him go for 3 million.

There has to be a correlation between the amount of games he played at senior level while still a teenager and his injury problems.

As for what someone said about Hodgson being good for his game. I've read or listened to a few of his former players speak about the constant work on the training pitch he does in regards to the defensive side of the game. Can't do McCarthy any harm.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 5:14pm
Was on the bench for Palace today but didn't feature.
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 2:52am
If Whelan doesn’t find a club and get match fit surely he has to start against the Swiss??

Unless we play Dan Crowley there LOL

Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:14am
Hopefully he gets a few run outs for palace between now and then and I’m sure he’ll be in ahead of Whelan
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 9:33am
Played for their 23's earlier in the week - Mick went to watch it apparently.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 246>
  Share Topic