You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 246>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheMightyQuinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 6:27am
looks like espn had him as man of the match

http://www.espnstar.com/editorial/news/detail/item737249/Wigan-vs-Man-City-Player-Ratings/
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
Sponsored Links

Jonny2Times View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny2Times Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 7:40am
Originally posted by TheMightyQuinn TheMightyQuinn wrote:

looks like espn had him as man of the match

http://www.espnstar.com/editorial/news/detail/item737249/Wigan-vs-Man-City-Player-Ratings/

James McCarthy - 9

It's not often the man-of-the-match comes from the losing side, but McCarthy enhanced his growing reputation with another dominant performance in the middle of the park.

Tidied up all the messes his team-mates created in the opening period, but showed he's pretty capable going forward as well late on in the second half when he was deployed in a more attacking role. Had Wigan's best chance of the game when he was played through by Hugo Rodallega, only to see his well-struck effort kept out by Joe Hart.

ClapClapClap

I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 8:10am
Miguel Delaney gave him a glowing report on Newstalk last night
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 9:43am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Miguel Delaney gave him a glowing report on Newstalk last night

delaney knows his stuff so high praise
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
mickeyk6 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeyk6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 9:57am
I want to see this man start in the middle of the park in the next International friendlies. He's come of age in the EPL and now needs time to show if he can glow on the International stage.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:06am
didn't see the game but great that he done well. not great to wish relegation on an irish player but it will fast track him out of that club.

Would love Fergie to take a chance on him. Think he could take over the void that has been left by Scholes. Has the potential anyway.
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:21am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

didn't see the game but great that he done well. not great to wish relegation on an irish player but it will fast track him out of that club.

Would love Fergie to take a chance on him. Think he could take over the void that has been left by Scholes. Has the potential anyway.

I was thinking Fergie might take a punt on him last night myself. He was excellent last night, when he was pushed on for 10 mins he looked even more impressive.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:50am
Yes James has a terrific game. To be honest, I found it so frustrating watching him in that Wigan team, he is clearly too good for them. He was constantly sorting out their mess. 

I do however, think that Trap will play him in the holding midfield role as Trap has heaped praise on him so far this year for his defensive midfield performances. It's great though that he can be attacking too.

Isn't James as good as going to the Euro's barring injury of course? Trap said just last week that James is a player for now, and not just the future. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 11:03am
Jaysus lads I think some of ya's need to calm down a bit here, yes McCarthy was wigans best player last night but to reference with utd and in the same sentence as scholes is a bit much, yes he is a tad too good for Wigan and was probably better than the city midfielders last night but a club like villa or Newcastle would be more realistic for James. He is only 21 so he has plenty of time for the big boys to come calling, but also has plenty to improve in his game before then
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 11:14am
Originally posted by 9fingersbabb 9fingersbabb wrote:

Jaysus lads I think some of ya's need to calm down a bit here, yes McCarthy was wigans best player last night but to reference with utd and in the same sentence as scholes is a bit much, yes he is a tad too good for Wigan and was probably better than the city midfielders last night but a club like villa or Newcastle would be more realistic for James. He is only 21 so he has plenty of time for the big boys to come calling, but also has plenty to improve in his game before then

Clap
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 11:59am

The main difference between McCarthy and Scholes is that McCarthy can tackle...

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 12:19pm
I never mentioned him in the same breath as Scholes but he seems to me to be what SAF is looking for can pass can tackle and has creativity around the box, if he could pick him up for 8 million or so it would be a great buy. He was linked with a move to Arsenal in the summer aswell
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by 9fingersbabb 9fingersbabb wrote:

no one else has filled the gap left by Scholes, Fergie had to get scholes out of retirement. So Utd are clearly looking for someone who can control things. He is young and Irish/Scottish playing well in a lower team. You would think that he would be the type of player Fergie would take a punt on
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 12:58pm
Well done ESPN, he'd have been my MOM as well for that game.  Who did Sky give it to?  A City player probably seeing as they won.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 1:05pm
Sky went for Joe Hart AFAIK

The lad has potential I agree but SA would only take a gamble on him because he would be relatively cheap, also Utd fans wouldn't be too happy if McCarhy was his solution to utds midfield problems.
James needs to be playin regular ball, something he won't get at Utd, Arsenal etc
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 1:47pm
The next 18 months are massive for this lad. Been a long time since we've had a world class player. Here's hoping it can be James.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

dutchy15 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchy15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The next 18 months are massive for this lad. Been a long time since we've had a world class player. Here's hoping it can be James.

agreed
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 2:29pm
no one else has filled the gap left by Scholes, Fergie had to get scholes out of retirement. So Utd are clearly looking for someone who can control things. He is young and Irish/Scottish playing well in a lower team. You would think that he would be the type of player Fergie would take a punt on
[/QUOTE]

I would disargee with u there Andy,was talking to afew Man U fans & that lad Tom Cleverley looked odds on to replace scholes in the midfield.He had a great start to the season hence Man Us good start.Then when he got injured long term, Man U started to struggled & their performance dipped.But if McCarty did go to Man U, Cleverley would be the man he would be in competition with.But its great to hear McCarty got MOTM last night, he has been playing well against the big teams lately

Edited by darman28 - 17 Jan 2012 at 2:37pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 246>
  Share Topic