You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 246>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 6:28am
Lads he's not going to be called up for the remainder of the campaign unless we have even more injuries. Trap has shown himself to be a moody old man at times and this is another example. Why else would Trap rely on defenders to cover the midfield positions if Whelan/Andrews get injured when he has McCarthy available.

Fair play to Trap for what he's acheived but I think we tend to let him off the hook a bit. Its not right that he hasnt called up cover. I know McCarthy was very unlucky to injure his ankle against Villareal and miss the Croatia game (altho some ppl still believe he doesnt want to play for IrelandLOL) but why couldnt Trap call up another midfielder. We have other PL players, like Hoolahan for example.

Is nobody concerned at the thoughts of Kevin Foley coming off the bench to play centre mid against Slovakia?
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Sponsored Links

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 6:28am
Anywhere on line to watch the game tonight?
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 6:30am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Anywhere on line to watch the game tonight?

Link on the under 21 thread
ColG View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 8:19am
James McCarthy will be called into the squad after playing for the U21s this evening.

Ken Earlys Twitter
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 8:25am
Originally posted by ColG ColG wrote:

James McCarthy will be called into the squad after playing for the U21s this evening.

Ken Earlys Twitter

Wow!! good good!!! DOubt he'll feature against Slovakia though after playing today, but roll on Russia
ColG View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 8:26am
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

Ken Earlys Twitter

Wow!! good good!!! DOubt he'll feature against Slovakia though after playing today, but roll on Russia

Yea he wont play tommorow but he will be around for Russia!
JoeyLapira View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeyLapira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 8:33am
Doubt he'll see any time against Russia though. Just be on the bench again. Great to see him captaining the under-21's though.
Jonny2Times View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny2Times Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 8:34am

Ken Earlys Twitter

Think he will turn up???

Joking joking.. Good news,....Clap
I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 8:35am
how much did all the lads who made eejits of themselves on that thread pay you count LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
danny10tot View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny10tot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 8:57am
I think it's great to see the likes of McCarthy in the 21's! Firstly, it show's ambition from Noel King by having him there, then he rightly so links up with the Seniors! 

I don't agree with players simply bypassing the 21s (i'm not saying Mc Carthy im talking players in general) cause they are playing for there respective club teams, by showing the commitment and quality with the 21s they should be merited by being drafted into the senior squad! 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

George Best
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 9:00am
Originally posted by danny10tot danny10tot wrote:

I think it's great to see the likes of McCarthy in the 21's! Firstly, it show's ambition from Noel King by having him there, then he rightly so links up with the Seniors! 

I don't agree with players simply bypassing the 21s (i'm not saying Mc Carthy im talking players in general) cause they are playing for there respective club teams, by showing the commitment and quality with the 21s they should be merited by being drafted into the senior squad! 

I see your point, but if you have a 17/18 year old who is setting the world on fire then I don't see why he can't come straight into the seniors. Like I was quite happy with Robbie coming straight in at 17 and I'm sure England were quite happy getting a young rooney too. National teams should play their best available 11 regardless of age
danny10tot View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny10tot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 9:12am
Yea that's a fair point! But its not very often that these players come along. I'm talking about players leaving there parent clubs on loan and doing well with there clubs, people automatically assume that they should be drafted into the senior squad! Being called into the senior squad should be the highest achievement a player can achieve IMO (as you are considered the best in your country at what you do) yet we seem to give that unbelieveable achievement to anyone "new" on the scene, instead of monitoring and letting them adapt and also understand international football (with the 21s)
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

George Best
Eire83 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eire83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 9:13am
Apparently he is going to be called up to the squad now......great that he showed up for the u21's!!!!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 9:20am
Quality, every one is happy now and it should draw a line under everything. For the ones who always backed McCarthy, he is now back in the squad. For the people who thought his pull outs have been a bit suspect, he was 'punished' and dropped to the U-21's. He has now shown his committment to Ireland by turning up for the U-21's and is in to the senior squad after tonight. Lets all hold hands

Edited by t_rAndy - 01 Sep 2011 at 9:21am
Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 10:04am
Captaining his country tonight. G'wan James! Clap Clap Clap
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

Captaining his country tonight. G'wan James! Clap Clap Clap

ClapClap

Edited by rolo - 01 Sep 2011 at 10:11am
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 11:41am
Gwan James bi Smile
Godot View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 3:50am

Quote Martinez believes that McCarthy, the Glasgow-born Republic of Ireland international, will eventually leave for a major club but would view that as a success.

"All I want for James is for him to carry on enjoying his football and developing," he said.

"I think there's no doubt that he is going to go to the very top in world football.

"He's a very mature boy. He is only 20 but has played so many games that he is the first one to know he doesn't want to make that jump, that step too early.

"I have never been in any doubt that James needs another season at least to carry on having that responsbility and in a way experimenting with things tactically on the pitch.

"One day I am sure he is going to go right to the top and be involved in Champions League football."

Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 246>
  Share Topic