You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 231232233234235 246>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 12:02pm
Any update on injurie? will he be back for d Internationals? 
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 1:16pm
James McCarthy is hit and miss and the best of times. Do we really want a James McCarthy who hasn't played since last international break?
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by trapscat trapscat wrote:

Any update on injurie? will he be back for d Internationals? 

Apparently mccarthy was in contention to play yesterday but wasn't risked. Should be available for selection for ireland.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 8:36am
Another pullout for James last night. 
Is he back for weekend or what is his situation?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 8:42am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Another pullout for James last night. 
Is he back for weekend or what is his situation?
His das not well. No update since that before the game 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 3:15am
James Dad passed away according to Stephen Kenny.  May he Rest In Peace.  

To think some on here were questioning why he pulled out of the squad this time.  
AKA pedantic kunt
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 2:13pm
RIP. Sympathies to the McCarthy family
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 2:30pm
Yea, sad for James and hopefully he's in a better place come March as he still has a lot to offer us in that midfield.
He's has approaching over 40 caps so stop with the questioning and this while having several seasons out with injuries.

He's 30 though so he may indeed retire before the next campaign or that could well be his last one.
I hope he's fully fighting for March.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 2:39pm
Given his injuries, and unlikelihood of WCQ, an international retirement would not be a surprise.

Talented player for us, I've always been a fan of his. Don't thin he has ever really lived up to his potential.

Good sign of him as bloke that he gave up a Euros and some Caps to some time with his family, that should be commended not derided.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 4:20pm
If someone gave me the chance of another day with my dad or an international cap the choice would be easy, although my da would probably spend the day calling me an eejit. 

Serious lack of sympathy, empathy and class on here 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

If someone gave me the chance of another day with my dad or an international cap the choice would be easy, although my da would probably spend the day calling me an eejit. 

Well said people make comments about the Irish team and think nothing of it.  The expectations they have for players they probably wouldn’t do in their own life and put work ahead of everything else.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 9:44am

Spot on

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 9:49am
Thread tidied up. If i missed anything, let me know.

Sympathies to James and his family and 100% agree with 9F's few lines.

Edited by McG - 20 Nov 2020 at 9:50am
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 10:05am

Well said. ClapClapClap
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

James Dad passed away according to Stephen Kenny.  May he Rest In Peace.  

To think some on here were questioning why he pulled out of the squad this time.  

Ah sh*te 

RIP
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 11:06am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Thread tidied up. If i missed anything, let me know.

Sympathies to James and his family and 100% agree with 9F's few lines.
Better late than never.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 12:50pm
Is he still on bereavement leave?
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 1:35pm
Celtic are reported to be in for him, they see him as a successor to Scott Brown. They may have to wait until his Crystal Palace deal expires at the end of the season rather than get him in the January window. The danger with that is that interested Premiership clubs including Aston Villa and Burnley will be able to talk to him then-they can't at the moment due to the terms of his current contract-and presumably offer more money. He is I think on £50,000 a week at the moment. Also likely that Palace will want to keep him on, Hodgson signed him and is a big fan.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 231232233234235 246>
  Share Topic