Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 229230231232233 246>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Jack City Jack City wrote:

I hope he's fit, David  Meyler was on Newstalk today saying he's our best all round midfielder.
Nonsense, Meyler is very limited.
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Jack City Jack City wrote:

I hope he's fit, David  Meyler was on Newstalk today saying he's our best all round midfielder.
Nonsense, Meyler is very limited.

😂😂😂😂😂
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Well it’s good that he is at least making the effort to come over.

Can a physio/team doc actually prove he's fit though?  If he comes over and says I feel pain what can they do?

The chap is the biggest flake to play for us.  Watch, he'll be plenty fit to play for Palace when the they play their 1st game.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Well it’s good that he is at least making the effort to come over.

Can a physio/team doc actually prove he's fit though?  If he comes over and says I feel pain what can they do?

The chap is the biggest flake to play for us.  Watch, he'll be plenty fit to play for Palace when the they play their 1st game.

In fairness the fact he’s flying over would suggest that he is keen to play and the fact your suggesting hel baulk is a bit much. Wouldn’t even be shocked if under normal circumstances he would have ruled himself out but he’s so desperate to play he’s flying over to have an assessment anyways. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 9:58pm
I think he is obliged to come over to be assessed per the rights of the international team.

The fella since the very start in 2010 has been pulling out of squads.  He has no interest in international football.

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 10:11pm

I think he is obliged to come over to be assessed per the rights of the international team.

The fella since the very start in 2010 has been pulling out of squads.  He has no interest in international football.
Any new material?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 10:15pm

That’s just your hunch though. The fella has been through the mill injury wise and I don’t particularly blame him for throwing caution to the wind on international football since 2016. Not sure about your 2010 claims. His sick Dad etc? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 10:35pm

Yeah, he deliberately pulled his calf part way through a preseason game just to get out of playing for Ireland. A most likely occurrence.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 10:47pm

That’s just your hunch though. The fella has been through the mill injury wise and I don’t particularly blame him for throwing caution to the wind on international football since 2016. Not sure about your 2010 claims. His sick Dad etc? 

His dad only got sick in 2012.  He was pulling out long before that.  Can't remember which games he missed but think it was a few in 2010 and then the Nations League and more qualifiers that year.  Missed the Scotland away game conveniently too if I recall.

If he's injured it seems to be an awful coincidence it always coincides with international duty.

Harry Arter has more interest in playing for us than this lad.  Don't be surprised if he pulls the old ''James is retiring from international football in order to prolong his career'' due to injuries line in the next 12 months.

Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 11:26pm
He limped out of the Palace game unable to put weight on that side. I think if he was going to call time on international ball it would have come around now rather than let SK begin to plan around his availability. You'd hope anyway. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 7:39am

It's not looking good 

Edited by colemanY2K - 30 Aug 2020 at 7:39am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 8:59am
Cue the conspiracy theories that he travels with the squad to get assest after injuring himself so he doesn't have to play. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Cue the conspiracy theories that he travels with the squad to get assest after injuring himself so he doesn't have to play. 
I don’t think he’ll be told this time a geriatric crab is ahead of him!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 12:30pm
I honestly don't get the opprobrium against McCarthy. Trapattoni was practically encouraging lads like Wilson and McCarthy to declare for other countries when he was in charge, yet McCarthy remained loyal. He's had horrific injuries and must've missed out on the equivalent of two full campaigns at Everton, stuck in the middle while club and Intl managers were at each other's throats. I think he deserves a bit of slack. He's turning up to be assessed, what more do people want?

Harry Arter didn't even turn up to be assessed when he went to Dubai with Bournemouth in 2017. He just said he was injured and we took him at his word; something that happened more than once.

McCarthy and Parrott should be commended for making the effort to turn up, particularly seeing as one is just after completing his first full campaign in several years and the other isn't likely to get game time.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

As far as I am aware an interbational team can make a player come over to be assessed by their own medical team despite what the club say.

I doubt James is voluntarily coming over. I think he has been asked to come over and be looked at.  Even that quote by Hodgson seems to imply it.  "He has to go over because they want to have a look at him".

I distinctly remember I think it was 2011 sometime and Wigan said he was injured and Trap made him come over to be looked at and the Iriah team doc did his own scan on him and found Wigan had greatly overblown this injury (was some small strain and well able to play) and he was passed fit by the Iriah team doc but they relented and allowed him to return to his club.

At the end of the daybif the doc says he's ok but the player says I feel pain amd can't run properly what can they do? They cant make him want to play.

Edited by Trap junior - 30 Aug 2020 at 12:44pm

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 12:40pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

the biggest change will be the intention to play football and try to dominate the ball.  whether that it done with a
Change in personnel early on is doubtful.  I suspect no change to back four or 1 change max.   

McCarthy will replace Whelan and I think
McClean won’t start as much. 

We are likely to play a 4 3 3 

We'll see.  He'll probably come up with some excuse to pull out.
Bump.

I must have mystical powers to see into the future

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 2:01pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

the biggest change will be the intention to play football and try to dominate the ball.  whether that it done with a
Change in personnel early on is doubtful.  I suspect no change to back four or 1 change max.   

McCarthy will replace Whelan and I think
McClean won’t start as much. 

We are likely to play a 4 3 3 

We'll see.  He'll probably come up with some excuse to pull out.
Bump.

I must have mystical powers to see into the future

Since when is an injury now not seen as a valid excuse to potentially pull out of a squad?

Every man and his dog knows that McCarthy is somewhat injury prone, this is nothing new.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 2:08pm
also if he didn’t want to play he could easily retire.  Trap what do you think is McCarthys goal or end game here 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 229230231232233 246>
  Share Topic