Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 246>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 7:58pm
With an injury like that, you can but hope he'll be back within a year. If anything positive can come from it, hopefully he'll be able to straighten out the niggling injuries he's had through a combination of rest and rehab.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 8:27pm
Really gutted for the lad, hope he recovers from it.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:28pm
Hopefully Mc Carthy makes a full recovery . One thing he has on his and by his side will be Seamie Coleman . Seen leaving his seat in Goodison to be with Mc Carthy
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:49pm
Just saw it on MOTD. Must be awful because they didnt show it. No malice from Rondon and the poor fella was in bits. Hope McCarthy makes a full recovery. Such an unlucky injury. Seamy Coleman a real class act to going straight the the changing room to see him.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Just saw it on MOTD. Must be awful because they didnt show it. No malice from Rondon and the poor fella was in bits. Hope McCarthy makes a full recovery. Such an unlucky injury. Seamy Coleman a real class act to going straight the the changing room to see him.

Rondon signals straight away.

As commentator said must have heard something
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 12:38am
Gutted. When he's been tasked with the holding mid job he's been unreal for us.
Here we go again
benboview View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benboview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 1:36am
Gutted for the guy.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 10:36am
He has been so unlucky with injuries in his career so far, this will be a huge mental test for him, can only wish him the very best and a speedy recovery
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:27am
You have to hope it’s a clean break and with a long time out it may help clear his other injuries.
At 27 he still has time on his side.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Rondon signals straight away.

As commentator said must have heard something

Or saw it. F**king Indo posted pictures of it yesterday. I didn't mean to see it but I did... you couldn't miss that it was a shocking break.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:50pm
Terrible to see a lad pick up an injury like that. Especially when he's been out numerous times with other injuries in the past year or 2. No luck at all. Speedy recovery James.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 10:15pm
Desperately unlucky, hopefully makes a speedy & full recovery. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 12:58pm
Usually breaks down that low, also have ligament damage too which only makes it worse. 

Any news on it? 

Lad has had a bad run of luck with injuries

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 5:39pm
Everton released statement saying he has a successful operation and no issues.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Everton released statement saying he has a successful operation and no issues.
great news. Hope he gets back quick as possible.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 4:02pm
https://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/other/seamus-coleman-opens-up-about-leg-break-horror-824771.html

key works from somebody who had a similar injury

""It is a very traumatic injury to look at, but nowadays the recovery is quite straightforward."
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 4:17pm
Very reassuring to hear what Coleman has to say on these injuries Clap
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

https://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/other/seamus-coleman-opens-up-about-leg-break-horror-824771.html

key works from somebody who had a similar injury

""It is a very traumatic injury to look at, but nowadays the recovery is quite straightforward."

A good read. Interesting to hear Seamus describe James as his 'best friend in football'.

He goes on to say:

"It is a very traumatic injury to look at, but nowadays the recovery is quite straightforward.

"It is a good topic for newspapers to say, ‘will he ever play again?’ none of that nonsense. It would have to be extremely bad for that.

"Thankfully things are okay in that regard.

"The photographs and the videos weren’t great, but there were never any doubts.

"Nowadays you look at the lads who have picked up these injuries and they are all playing week in, week out in the Premier League."

Despite some on here wanting to write his career off, there's absolutely no reason to believe that a 27-year-old McCarthy can't come back from this and make a full recovery.

The Liverpool Echo list some players who've completely recovered from this injury, and their recovery times (including Djibril Cisse, twice), here:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-mccarthy-everton-injury-length-14184531

Edited by NewtNewbie - 25 Jan 2018 at 4:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 246>
  Share Topic