Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spurs - City

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spurs - City
    Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 8:58am

Such a dominant and comfortable performance here by City

What was Redknapp thinking putting out a midfield like that? who was he expecting to pick up Silva and Nasri?

Is the bench comfy there Carlos? think you'll be sitting on it for a while
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:26am

Nasri got 1 assist last season in the league for Arsenal, he got 3 yesterday in his debut for City

Mancini and City are slowly but surely silencing the majority of criticisms thrown their way in recent years:

They'll not break the top 4

They'll not win a trophy

Yaya Toures attacking midfield role will never work

David Silva's too lightweight for the EPL

Dzeko an expensive flop

They're buying individuals, not building a team

They're too boring

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 29 Aug 2011 at 6:27am
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:30am
Felt a bit sorry for ye talking to yourself here baggio so thought i would throw in my opinionWink

Its not rocket science like- they have spent shed loads of cash on top players- they have made plenty of mistakes along the way and paid over the odds time and again

With the kind of outlay at city anything but the title this season will surely not be good enough- i think mancini is under big pressure to win the league this year as he will be out if he doesnt imo
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:38am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Felt a bit sorry for ye talking to yourself here baggio so thought i would throw in my opinionWink

Its not rocket science like- they have spent shed loads of cash on top players- they have made plenty of mistakes along the way and paid over the odds time and again

With the kind of outlay at city anything but the title this season will surely not be good enough- i think mancini is under big pressure to win the league this year as he will be out if he doesnt imo

LOL

you also said in May that City would struggle to make the CL group stages as they could be drawn against Bayern Munich in the qualifiers, until they went and finished 3rd

As i said, keep setting up the targets and Mancini will keep meeting them
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:49am
Come on Baggio they are spending vast sums of money on a regular basis of course they are going to be there or thereabouts

Getting that first league is going to be very very difficult for them though with the likes of fergie around- hes been there done that and bought the t shirt!
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:57am
City look incredibly strong and there seems to be some great belief in the team.  I think they could be the main threat this year.  

If they go close this year, threaten until the pressure gets to them due to a lack of experience with that pressure in the March-April months, then next season it will be a real possibility that they can win the league.  

Gaining that experience of a title run-in is a must though.  This year they can earn that stripe...then, who knows.

What a super squad.  If Mancini can get the negative nonsense (Tevez, Balotelli) out of that dressing-room they'll benefit hugely from that.  Exciting times for Baggio and other City fans.

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic