You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 143>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 8:14pm
Too inconsistent
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Too inconsistent

Have we any consistent players?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 8:41pm
Most of our players are consistently sh*te.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

Don't know about Burnley's views on Hendrick but most Everton fans seem to think Coleman is finished after being brutal so far this season. All of this is so depressing. 

This is about the 10th time in the last 2 days you've banged on about Coleman's supposedly "terrible start to the season"; is it some sort of fetish? Everton have had a bad start to the season, if he's shared in that (you're the first person I've even heard claim he's been unusually bad) then that hardly signifies the end of his career, does it? He's only 29, he's been brilliant for years, and we're only 3-4 games into the season. So give it a break for a while with the prophecies of impending doom, it's tiresome.

Everton are 7th and havn't lossed a game....  Everton are traditionally slow starters in the league, probably their best start in recent memory. from what i have heard colemans been back to his old self this season so far too.
He was captain for their last game
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Burnley fans think he is sh*t too. He is very clever at eking out a living as a footballer.
Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Burnley fans think he is sh*t too. He is very clever at eking out a living as a footballer.
Thumbs Up

In fairness Murph you have been against him from the start, you were never likely to change your opinion on him.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Thumbs Up

In fairness Murph you have been against him from the start, you were never likely to change your opinion on him.
Spot on Bren as he is a player who i don't like , we all have them for some reason he is mine . 

Again i always have to say the same thing as when Burnley signed him a Derby fan came on forum and said he will have one good game in six and boy he was so right .
I am stuck in my ways and i will not change Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 9:08pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Thumbs Up

Spot on Bren as he is a player who i don't like , we all have them for some reason he is mine . 

Again i always have to say the same thing as when Burnley signed him a Derby fan came on forum and said he will have one good game in six and boy he was so right .
I am stuck in my ways and i will not change Big smile

Jesus you’re talking some absolute rubbish. If Hendrick was as poor as you claim he is then he wouldn’t be anywhere near a Premier League team - let alone starting nearly every week. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 4:17pm
I wish Jeff Hendrick’s great grandfather had headed to America all those years ago, and Thomas Delaney’s had stayed put
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 7:27pm
As I've said elsewhere, I think his best position is holding midfield, or ordinary centre mid at best.

He as the strength, athletism and discipline to defend there and touch and pace to getting things moving when we have the ball - there where he has more time and can pick a pass.  He doesn't have the passing ability of a good no 10 in his locker, and his finishing isn't good enough as yesterday's chance demonstrated. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 8:01pm
Ordinary is a compliment to this lad. He really is brutal.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 8:10pm
Didn't play well last night, the position he played in didn't help though. You'd wonder what the point is of having an attacking midfielder if you don't intend to attack through midfield.... Good player all the same, one of the technically solid midfield options we have available to us if we ever decide to play football again.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 9:18pm
It is no surprise that he is an attacking midfielder for two sides who like lumping the ball, the worst part of his game is his passing and keeping hold of the ball.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 9:39pm
Always several steps behind the ball. A player who needs a lot of coaching 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 10:22pm
Some direction from the management would help. He's shown on numerous occasions his capability though, and has come up with more moments of inspiration for us over the last 5 years than any other player bar perhaps Hoolahan. He has a good touch, is a very good dribbler, is a proficient passer of the ball, and has a good shot. Add that to his physical attributes and you have a fine midfielder if he's utilised correctly (ie played in a team that actually uses their midfield). Like all of our midfielders, he's villified and denigrated because people conflate our style of play with a lack of ability.
We're decent enough..
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Some direction from the management would help. He's shown on numerous occasions his capability though, and has come up with more moments of inspiration for us over the last 5 years than any other player bar perhaps Hoolahan. He has a good touch, is a very good dribbler, is a proficient passer of the ball, and has a good shot. Add that to his physical attributes and you have a fine midfielder if he's utilised correctly (ie played in a team that actually uses their midfield). Like all of our midfielders, he's villified and denigrated because people conflate our style of play with a lack of ability.
totally agree. Hes just lost his way in this shambles of a sytem we play. He has great feet, technically hes very good. Were destroying him at the minute game by game.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 10:39pm
he’s a poor player. Could name at least 3 loi players better equipped than him.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

he’s a poor player. Could name at least 3 loi players better equipped than him.

Go on so?
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 143>
  Share Topic