Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 143>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Our best player at the Euro's, got a crucial goal against Serbia, we are lucky to have such a talented player.

He surprised me at the Euros and I was delighted, his last two performances have been dreadful though. Goal aside in Serbia he was very average and last night was mesmerising. He may as well have f**ked off for a pint.

Was poor last night, same with everyone of our players bar Coleman.
He wasn't just poor though, he was abysmal and didn't even seem remotely interested.
Sponsored Links

de scientist View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote de scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 12:34pm
he is muck. worst player since keith andrews and he was f**king muck
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 12:35pm

Our best player at the Euro's, got a crucial goal against Serbia, we are lucky to have such a talented player.

He surprised me at the Euros and I was delighted, his last two performances have been dreadful though. Goal aside in Serbia he was very average and last night was mesmerising. He may as well have f**ked off for a pint.

He wasn't just poor though, he was abysmal and didn't even seem remotely interested.

i seen it different, i though he was one of the first people closing down georgia players especially in the 2nd half.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

i seen it different, i though he was one of the first people closing down georgia players especially in the 2nd half.
You saw it different my dear boy and I will take a couple of grams off ya.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 12:51pm

I watched solely him for periods of time as I felt he was doing nothing. He never closed down anybody and 95% of his passes were backwards. Capable of going on a decent run but thats about it. Was dreadful last night. Bolger would have been better...
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

I watched solely him for periods of time as I felt he was doing nothing. He never closed down anybody and 95% of his passes were backwards. Capable of going on a decent run but thats about it. Was dreadful last night. Bolger would have been better...
Funnily enough he reminded me of Ray Bolger LOL
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 1:01pm
4 yellow cards in the last 5 competitive games.
Belgium, France, Serbia, Georgia.

Thats just not on. Got himself suspended for the quarter final if we'd got there and now again as early as the third qualifying game.

Yes, some will say thats a bonus that he is out but he has been a very good player for us and anyone who denies that is talking bollocks.

We wouldnt have qualified for Euro 2016 without his brilliant assist for John O'Shea in Germany or his magic against Georgia 13 months ago. He was excellent at Euro 2016 too.

Despite his goal in Serbia I think he has been gash this campaign. Terrible last night. Wasnt the only no-show last night tho as a sort of malaise seemed to creep over the whole team. Not making excuses for him (or maybe I am) but he really has to improve drastically.

Would start Hendrick against Austria, without hesitation, but if he goes AWOL again, my patience will be exhausted.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
stokeirish View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokeirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 1:09pm
Not the worst for me although not exactly a vintage performance. I'd save my ire for the likes of McClean who yet again runs around like a headless chicken
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by stokeirish stokeirish wrote:

Not the worst for me although not exactly a vintage performance. I'd save my ire for the likes of McClean who yet again runs around like a headless chicken

He was also absolutely sh*te. Cant believe he was getting ratings of 5.5 for last night's 'performance'.
That means he was closer to a ten than a zero.

Amazing what heading the ball into the net when offside and putting another header onto the bar instead of in the net will do to alter a person's perception of how a player has done.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 1:28pm
don't think he was any worse than the rest of them, all midfielders had a mare maybe bar Mclean who did his usual graft
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by stokeirish stokeirish wrote:

He was also absolutely sh*te. Cant believe he was getting ratings of 5.5 for last night's 'performance'.
That means he was closer to a ten than a zero.

Amazing what heading the ball into the net when offside and putting another header onto the bar instead of in the net will do to alter a person's perception of how a player has done.

Spot on.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 2:09pm
Hendrick was our best player at the Euros. He established himself in the team before that. It was his flick in Germany and his brilliant run against Georgia just over a year ago that helped us pick up valuable points that got us there in the first place. He has his issues and can put in a shocker at times but he is a very good player.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

4 yellow cards in the last 5 competitive games.
Belgium, France, Serbia, Georgia.

Thats just not on. Got himself suspended for the quarter final if we'd got there and now again as early as the third qualifying game.

Yes, some will say thats a bonus that he is out but he has been a very good player for us and anyone who denies that is talking bollocks.

We wouldnt have qualified for Euro 2016 without his brilliant assist for John O'Shea in Germany or his magic against Georgia 13 months ago. He was excellent at Euro 2016 too.

Despite his goal in Serbia I think he has been gash this campaign. Terrible last night. Wasnt the only no-show last night tho as a sort of malaise seemed to creep over the whole team. Not making excuses for him (or maybe I am) but he really has to improve drastically.

Would start Hendrick against Austria, without hesitation, but if he goes AWOL again, my patience will be exhausted.
Agree with that, I had huge question marks before France though, he  had some very ordinary performances before the Euros too, mixed with moments of magic like Georgia.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Hendrick was our best player at the Euros. He established himself in the team before that. It was his flick in Germany and his brilliant run against Georgia just over a year ago that helped us pick up valuable points that got us there in the first place. He has his issues and can put in a shocker at times but he is a very good player.

And some people would still rather Glenn Whelan starting ahead of him, baffling.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 3:11pm

And some people would still rather Glenn Whelan starting ahead of him, baffling.
ConfusedConfused They don't play the same roles!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 3:27pm
Nice hair Jeff.
Got your big money move. Feet up, fair play.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 4:39pm

They certainly don't, for example Whelan looks for the ball even less than Hendrick did in an underwhelming performance last night. Does anyone really think Whelan is the remedy to what we saw last night? His biggest attribute is frequently cited as his supposed "organisational skills", but organisation was the least of our problems last night. Our problem last night was that we completely bypassed midfield. Whelan doesn't and never has offered an alternative to that, in fact his lack of mobility and absence of courage on the ball only further facilitates it....
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

They certainly don't, for example Whelan looks for the ball even less than Hendrick did in an underwhelming performance last night. Does anyone really think Whelan is the remedy to what we saw last night? His biggest attribute is frequently cited as his supposed "organisational skills", but organisation was the least of our problems last night. Our problem last night was that we completely bypassed midfield. Whelan doesn't and never has offered an alternative to that, in fact his lack of mobility and absence of courage on the ball only further facilitates it....
We had no midfield last night , in the first half we may as well have had 8 men at times. We had no organisation there, nobody held a position at all and Georgia passed through us easily, Whelan may not be a panacea to all the ills shown by our midfield last night but he does give us an organised structural platform from which to build. Whelan is an anchor, I have no idea what Hendrick's role was last night, except for be everywhere he wasn't needed and never anywhere he was.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 143>
  Share Topic