Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 143>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 7:11am
Jezzzzzzzzzzz 10 mill for Jeff who is classed as a bench player for Derby , they must be killing themselves laughing at that one .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Jezzzzzzzzzzz 10 mill for Jeff who is classed as a bench player for Derby , they must be killing themselves laughing at that one .

You say that as if there's actually some credible source or substance behind it as opposed to it just being uninformed waffle from yourself! Classed as a bench player by who, exactly? He struggled with injuries towards the end of last season and at the beginning of this one - that's what has kept him out of the side. Do you honestly think that a premier league team (albeit one that urgently needs to bring in players) would splash out 10 million sterling on a player that was generally deemed in the game to be not good enough to make the first eleven of a struggling Derby county side?
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 8:42am
The problem with derby is they have too many midfielders of the same type. Hendrick when fit played the majority of  games. had a few injuries and was left out of the starting side on different occasions but as i say they have too many midfielders and different bosses never really settled on who best to play. but in the main hendrick would not be classed as a bench player at derby.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 11:07am
Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

You say that as if there's actually some credible source or substance behind it as opposed to it just being uninformed waffle from yourself! Classed as a bench player by who, exactly? He struggled with injuries towards the end of last season and at the beginning of this one - that's what has kept him out of the side. Do you honestly think that a premier league team (albeit one that urgently needs to bring in players) would splash out 10 million sterling on a player that was generally deemed in the game to be not good enough to make the first eleven of a struggling Derby county side?
Yes , next question .
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 12:06pm

Yes , next question .

By many accounts its more that he fell out with the manager than isn't good enough. I can't think of many other Championship sides that wouldn't start him
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 12:09pm
anyway i think derby will struggle to make the playoffs this season. they should have went up a few seasons ago with McClaren but just can't seem to get it done.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 12:16pm
Jeff was outstanding for Derby in the 2014/15 season . Last year he was in and out due to injuries . It's not accurate to say he's out of favour ..
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 12:36pm

Yes , next question .

Christ almighty.LOL

You never answered my original question, by the way. By whom, exactly, is he ''classed as a bench player''?

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 12:40pm
My question , do you think that Jeff is good value at £10 million ?

Like most on here I have only seen him on the box or playing for Ireland and yes he played well in France , but I can not see he is worth that , I know about todays market but it seems from one Derby forum that they made a killing on him .
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 12:44pm

Like most on here I have only seen him on the box or playing for Ireland and yes he played well in France , but I can not see he is worth that , I know about todays market but it seems from one Derby forum that they made a killing on him .

at 10 million i think thats great value. He is quality.
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 12:49pm
[QUOTE=Claret Murph] My question , do you think that Jeff is good value at £10 million ?

[/QUOTE
Jordan Ibe 15 million? Oliver Burke 13 million? Are they worth that sort of money?. Based on Hendricks outstanding performances in high pressure games in the Euros, 10 million is a snip in my opinion.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 1:05pm

Its hard to compare transfer fees with so many variables - 
Is the buying club rich? desperate? 
Does the selling club want/need to sell?
Does the player want to go?

In this case Hull are desperate and have money (EPL money) so they would have to pay a premium.

Good move for Jeff tho.

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 1:11pm
Well worth €10m in today's market .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 1:14pm

Of course you do.

In today's transfer market I think that, yes, he's very good value at 10 million. As per a previous discussion I had with you on here, I have seen him playing for Kevin's in addition to our under 19's ,21's and senior side. You seem to be attempting to lend credibility to your argument by substantiating it with comments from an internet forum - never a great sign if you are trying to put forward an informed opinion.

If you consider that Derby brought him over as a youth player eight years ago and that he has played over 200 senior games for them (to be then sold on for a fee of 10 million pounds) then, yes,  Derby County have had great service from Jeff culminating in a very profitable transfer fee for them.

Also, you still haven't answered my original question. Third time of asking now.Smile
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 1:22pm
Jeff is easily worth €10 million. Only 24, so has atleast another 8 years at the top level. Hopefully now Brady can secure a premier league contract before the window shuts.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 1:37pm
He's looked impressive every time he's played for us. Admittedly I haven't seen him much for Derby (a club who have been on the periphery of promotion for a few years but have been chopping and changing managers which can be unsettling to players) but hopefully he can become a consistent Premier League performer. Great move for him and €10m represents a bargain for a good international player!

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 30 Aug 2016 at 1:38pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 1:57pm
A transfer fee should never be judged on it's value at the start but at the end.

The good thing with Hull is even if he's sh*te he's got a great chance of getting games with their squad of 12 playersBig smile
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

A transfer fee should never be judged on it's value at the start but at the end.

The good thing with Hull is even if he's sh*te he's got a great chance of getting games with their squad of 12 playersBig smile

well by the looks of things they are trying to bring in ryan mason and a guy called henriksen from AZ Alkmaar. Both midfield options like Jeff. This seems to be what the Hull City forum are suggesting. None confirmed yet i don't think.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 143>
  Share Topic