You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 143>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 12:05pm
Probably down to being our sixth best central midfielder now. So still worth a place in the squad on merit at this point, but it will only take one of two more to move ahead of him and he will be relying on injuries to get in. 
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Probably down to being our sixth best central midfielder now. So still worth a place in the squad on merit at this point, but it will only take one of two more to move ahead of him and he will be relying on injuries to get in. 

I'd agree with that for the most part, but I'd still prefer to see him in CM ahead of Browne for example. Probably only has another season left in the Irish squad as hopefully some of the younger lads come through, but we really dont have that many young CMs coming through though, there's really only Hodge and Phillips at U21 level and they both need to step up a level next season.

Anyway hopefully he gets a good move and does well, he may still be needed over the course of this campaign certainly. An injury to Molumby and he'd be in the conversation for a starting spot, so he's not far off it.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 8:08am
Newcastle have not had a single offer for him all summer, according to the local paper up there. They offered him back to Reading, but Reading declined to take him on again.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 8:27am

Newcastle have not had a single offer for him all summer, according to the local paper up there. They offered him back to Reading, but Reading declined to take him on again.
Be better getting the pay off and heading back to the LOI and that wouldn’t be a cakewalk for someone of Jeff’s ability.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 8:27am
Not surprised. He was alright for a team that got relegated and is sitting on a big contract. A club might come in last minute but wouldn't be surprised to see him sitting out his last year at Newcastle.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 8:42am
Presumably there's a reason why they can't just ship him off to some sister team in Saudi Arabia, Al-Magpie or whoever?
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 8:52am

Presumably there's a reason why they can't just ship him off to some sister team in Saudi Arabia, Al-Magpie or whoever?
Presumption would be that he's no interest in going
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 9:06am
They should just pay him up and be done with it, no Championship tesm is going to sign him on his current wages.
We're decent enough..
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 9:10am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Be better getting the pay off and heading back to the LOI and that wouldn’t be a cakewalk for someone of Jeff’s ability.

Hendrick would piss the LOI if he took it even a little bit seriously. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 9:34am

I don't get that, he's had 10x times the better career and more ability than any LOI player will ever have. 
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 9:43am
Jeff’s biggest crime seems to be that he wasn’t as good as people hoped he might be. He was, however, good enough to play a lot of his football in the top league in England. That suggests that he is indeed very, very good at football. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 9:45am

Don't read too much into that part. Things still a mess at Reading at the moment. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

I don't get that, he's had 10x times the better career and more ability than any LOI player will ever have. 
He would probably the best player to ever play in the LOI. At least in the last 20/30 years.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 10:48am
Realistically, Newcastle are going to have to pay him off because of the contract he’s on. He’ll get another club then,maybe in the Championship, but certainly on a much reduced salary. Same applies to Harry Arter and James McCarthy, other guys with very good agents who are likewise sitting on lucrative contracts and never playing.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 10:55am
Depends what Hendrick wants. He’s on a decent contract hard to blame him demanding a pay off. They might pay him off on the final day of the window and he will be free to do what he wants. 

As for Ireland we mightn’t have many options atm but that will hopefully change in the next 2/3 years. Beyond being a squad member he hasn’t much of a place. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 11:01am
If you're gonna pay him off then might as well keep him around for the year and have an experienced player around the U23s.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 11:35am
hendrick really is a terrible footballer. That much is obvious to anyone with eyes for a long time now. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 12:18pm

You also presume Newcastle have a sister team 8n Saudi Arabia they can simply send players too.

Despite numerous Saudi clubs having the same PIF ownership basis doesn't mean they are the same entity, similar to the red bull teams they all have their own bank accounts 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 143>
  Share Topic