You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 143>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 7:44am
Fairly jazzy from jeff, long winning the peno too: 

Sponsored Links

PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

Fairly jazzy from jeff, long winning the peno too: 

That’s quality. Great strike
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 11:48am
Jeff only scores great goals. Hes having a very good season for Reading.
I love beer gardens
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Jeff only scores great goals. Hes having a very good season for Reading.
looking like relegation
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 3:07pm
Still a Newcastle player. Halfway through a four year contract, salary £2,100,000 p.a.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 3:13pm
Still has a year left on his contract so will probably get himself another loan to somewhere in the championship.

Reading could still stay up and thankfully for them Huddersfields game in hand is against Sheffield United who beat Preston 4-1 even after being promoted so won't be easy for Huddersfield.

Huddersfield fail to pick up at least a point and then it comes down to Huddersfield vs Reading on the final day.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 1:20pm
Huddersfield beat Sheffield United last night to relegate Reading.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 1:28pm
Might be the end of the road for Shane Long but shouldn’t worry Jeff who was only on loan there for the season. A year left on his Newcastle contract so no doubt he’ll be off on loan somewhere else.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 2:34pm
They'd probably have survived only for the points deduction. Still quite a fall in status for Jeff in the space of 18 months. At least he has another year left on his big money contract and he'll get another loan next season, probably Championship again. But he seems to be no better than a mid table Championship level player now. Probably still in the Ireland squad mainly because he plays in the position we have the least amount of depth in.

Edited by You Tell Me - 05 May 2023 at 2:35pm
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 11:11pm
Mad to think he was linked with Milan not so long ago, some fall from grace for the Kilmore boyo. Hitting the bar against Sweden may well be his high point.
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 1:09am
Hitting the bar on a Friday night might well be the high point of your life. 
Jeff Hendrick put himself out there and has done well for himself. 
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 2:06am
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Jeff hasn't put himself out in a good while now. Watch any Reading goal concession of recent months & you'll find Jeff watching it from afar too. Trotting towards it leisurely 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 2:08am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

They'd probably have survived only for the points deduction. Still quite a fall in status for Jeff in the space of 18 months. At least he has another year left on his big money contract and he'll get another loan next season, probably Championship again. But he seems to be no better than a mid table Championship level player now. Probably still in the Ireland squad mainly because he plays in the position we have the least amount of depth in.

I have no idea how he is in the squad. Tradition?  
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 5:07am
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Jeff hasn't put himself out in a good while now. Watch any Reading goal concession of recent months & you'll find Jeff watching it from afar too. Trotting towards it leisurely 

As in he's made a living playing football, he's made a bunch of money, he went to make something of himself and he succeeded.
Sounds like he's past his peak, but most of us never got anywhere near that.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 7:18am
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Mad to think he was linked with Milan not so long ago, some fall from grace for the Kilmore boyo. Hitting the bar against Sweden may well be his high point.

I thought he was Ireland's best player in Euro 2016.

He'll also get close to getting 100 caps too.

He's definitely nowhere as bad as people make out.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 9:26am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He was our best player in Euro 2016 he was outstanding. I thought then we have a midfielder that could play to a decent level. 

Never kicked on from that what it was I don’t know perhaps the clubs/international sides he was at? 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 9:39am
He did well enough for those few years around 2016 where ge got a PL move.
However, like when playing for us, he was a bit frustrating because of his inconsistencies. Some games he was really good and made things happen in the game, then too many games he was a passenger and you would barely notice he was there. The last few years particularly that is happening more and more. 

Still think he can play at championship level though. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 9:58am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Agreed.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 143>
  Share Topic