Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 143>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 2:33pm
We are always going to be in a position whereby one of regular starters will be on the side lines not playing for their club.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Surely Hendrick needs to leave Newcastle in this window, after some decent performances for ireland of late he just isn't going to get a look in for Newcastle this season.

If he doesn't get some game time by march surely he can't be a consideration for the ireland squad.

I would say the same for Clark now too to be honest, his performances for Newcastle haven't always been fruitful. 

maybe jeff can give Ac Milan a shout and ask them if they are still interested? Geek
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 2:44pm
At least under Bruce Jeff got the odd game plus sub appearances. Since September 1st when we were beaten by Portugal, he's played 3 club games, all sub appearances, totalling 73 minutes... In four and half months.

Given he has played 10 minutes so far under Howe, there's a good.chance he'll see nearly zero football under him. I understand we have a history of including players with limited game time, but there's surely a line a player crosses where you have to worry about match fitness and the psychological affects on a player of literally not playing at all. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 3:18pm
Jeff has enough credit with Kenny to be in the squad barring injury.  I'd be shocked, and a bit dissapointed, where he left out.
Gotta keep enough seasoned pros around the squad.

Now, whether he should be in the starting XI is a differenet question and if he carries on with no games, he should not be in either starting team for the two March friendlies.

I'd be slotting Knight in there beside Cullen (or whomever takes his place to test out - serious lack of cover there so Kilkenny should be in and tested there in March).
Next after Knight would likely be Molumby for the friendlies.  Not sure Hourihane has a future at International level, if I'm honest.

Any other names we'd liken to see in Midfield in March?
Maybe Smallbone if he gets fit (am afraid he's a crock) and gets a few starts for So'ton?
Taylor likely to get a callup also, I'd wager.

greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 3:47pm
Molumby is a favourite of Kenny's so he's likely to be in there in March. Yes I'd agree with Knight too. He's playing regularly and will be a top players for us in years to come.
After the early season clamour for Kilkenny, he hasnt played as much for Bournemouth. He wont be with the seniors in March, he'l be left with the U21s
I cant see Smallbone making it either with the seniors in March. Let's be honest lads, he's currently injured and wont be able to get back fit, make a sub or two appearance for Southampton and then actually make a starting team fro Southampton in time for March friendlies. He'll be with U21's again too.
Kenny wont make wholesale changes in March. The squad has already changed a lot. Some of the lads like McGrath actually need game time at International level in midfield too remember!

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 3:53pm
Kenny talked about adding depth to the squad and using March as a chance to do that before the nation's league. Didn't mention any midfielders who could possibly replace Hendrick, but did mention Ronan and Harness.

Wouldn't be surprised if one game is used to try new players, and maybe see someone like Knight playing deeper alongside Cullen if Ronan or Harness starts further forward.

The best XI gets a run out in the other game which Hendrick would play in alongside Cullen.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 3:54pm
I don't think Hendrick was even in the last match day squad?
Hopefully he gets a move away to somewhere he can play regularly, even a loan move. I'd say most Championship clubs would take him on loan, or it would be his chance to try a loan move abroad somewhere for a few months. 
I haven't heard any transfer rumours about him at all tho.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Taylor likely to get a callup also, I'd wager.

Taylor has had an awful two months since his brush with the last squad, club wise. Badly out of form, subbed off Saturday & taking heavy fire on their forum. Goals dried up, overall play poor beyond half way and players walking through his defensive cover & challenges. 

He was a player they were worried about keeping hold of but thats all gone. 

That said, Conor Coventry couldn't get past him into the side there & is gone back to West Ham.  So bad news both ways there.

Taylor has real work to do to not be a 24 y/o L1 player next season who failed to impact Championship level. 
Birdcracker View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdcracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 9:12pm
Doyle Hayes at  Hibs is a much better player than mulomby  Coventry Taylor. 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 9:28pm
He not better than molumby but I agree with you on the rest
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 9:56am
Linked with a move to Boro
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 10:59am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Linked with a move to Boro
Connolly needed service. Well now he’s got it!
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 11:34pm
Boro is exactly where I was hoping he'd end up. Wilder would be good for him. Hopefully it materialises.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 6:45pm
twitter chatter saying Boro is a done deal
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

twitter chatter saying Boro is a done deal
good news. Hopefully @ 15 starts between now and June.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 7:06pm
Good move for Jeff both from a potential game time level plus he more than likely won't have to move
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 9:37am
All but confirmed to Boro, Decent move for him and plenty of game time.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 9:39am
Are you sure he goe straight onto the first 11 though? Hopefully he's not just cover and sits on the bench!

Edited by greenshoots - 31 Jan 2022 at 9:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 143>
  Share Topic